Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Son of Murdered Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Liu Liyun of Huludao City, Liaoning Province, Struggles to Survive (Photo)

November 27, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Liyun of Huludao City, Liaoning Province, China was tortured to death while being detained at the Dabei Prison in 2002 for practicing Falun Gong. The situation of her son, Hu Yang, who is presently studying at college, is as follows:

Date of Birth: August 9, 1983
Age: 21

Hu Yang's Recent Situation: Hu Yang is currently studying as a junior in the Art Department of Liaoning's Yingkuo College. His mother, Ms. Liu Liyun, was tortured to death for practicing Falun Gong. His father, Mr. Hu Baochun, has been forced to leave home in order to avoid harassment for practicing Falun Gong. Due to the persecution inflicted upon his parents, Hu Yang is currently without any financial support from his family. Earlier he survived on his father's one-time severance pay of 12,000 yuan, and savings from his mother's funeral expenses for his college expenses. After this was used up, he continued to depend on financial support from other Falun Dafa practitioners and some other kind-hearted people, who upon seeing his situation were willing to lend a hand.

Background Information Regarding Hu Yang's Parents:

Mother: Ms. Liu Liyun, was a resident of Yangjiazhangzi District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. In July 2002, at age 44, Ms. Liu was tortured to death while being detained in the Liaoning Province Female Prison.

Ms. Liu Liyun was tortured to death while being detained under the No. 7 Squad of Brigade 7 of Liaoning Province Female Prison. There is little information about the circumstances surrounding her death. On July 24, 2002, four officers from the prison came to Liu Liyun's 69-year-old father and said, "Your daughter is seriously ill in jail." (At that time Ms. Liu's husband, Mr. Hu Baochun, had to leave home so as to avoid further persecution.) Ms. Liu's father went along with them to Shenyang City to see her, but upon his arrival the prison told him that Ms. Liu had already passed away. As Liu's father requested to see the body, the prison asked him to sign a form. Because Liu's father is illiterate, he simply signed his name and supplied them with his fingerprint without having a clear understanding of what he was signing. They then proceeded to take Liu's father into a darkened room where the body was being kept, and didn't turn on a light. They only allowed him to see her face, after which the prison guards immediately took her body to be cremated.

People who knew the inside story said that Ms. Liu Liyun died from excessive beatings.

Some Facts Concerning the Persecution of Ms. Liu Liyun:

  1. Illegal Brainwashing: In July 2000, she was illegally detained for more than forty days at the Yangjiazhangzi Brainwashing Center.
  2. Illegal Detention three times: In December 1999, Ms. Liu Liyun was illegally detained for forty-five days. On June 23, 2000, she was illegally detained for a month. The police unlawfully took away her Falun Dafa books, pictures of the founder of Falun Gong, Mr Li Hongzhi, Falun (Law Wheel) emblems, and other items. In December of 2001, she was illegally detained at the Huludao City Detention Center. The police illegally confiscated 5,000 yuan in cash and ransacked Liu Liyun's home, after which they took a copying machine, sixteen CD's of Master's lectures containing the teachings of Falun Gong, Falun Dafa books, and other items.
  3. Illegal Sentencing: On December 16, 2001, Ms. Liu Liyun was illegally sentenced to a four-year prison sentence. Then they sent her to Liaoning Province Female Prison where she was subsequently tortured to death.

Father: Mr. Hu Baochun, at age 49 has been illegally sent to forced labor camps on four separate occasions. His previous experiences were published on Minghui.net (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net) on October 29, 2003. (For English version, refer to "My Wife Was Tortured to Death, and I Was Illegally Detained in a Forced Labor Camp Three Times" (http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/11/7/42035.html). On April 1, 2004, Mr. Hu Baochun was abducted from Suizhong Street, and taken to the Huludao Forced Labor Camp for the fourth time. After his continuous hunger strikes lasting for more than 100 days, being on the brink of death, Mr. Hu Baochun was then released. Currently, his whereabouts are unknown.