Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Summary of Other Articles and News - November 8, 2004

November 27, 2004 |  


Facts of the Persecution

More than ten Falun Gong practitioners from Linyi City of Shandong province were abducted, detained and had money extorted from them. Recently, Mr. He Lushang, 33, a teacher from the 4th middle school in Linshu County, was arrested and taken to the detention center. His current situation is unknown. Practitioner Liu Yongjin from Hedong District of Linyi City was abducted and taken to the brainwashing center. He was tortured for 7 days by officials from the "610 Office" including Wang Guangming. Currently he is detained in the notorious Wangcun Forced Labor Camp of Zibo City.

Persecution cases of Falun Gong practitioners in Jinzhou City, Hebei Province

Li Baoquan was a Falun Gong practitioner from Qidi Village of Qidi Township. On October 1, 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong and was detained for 5 days. On October 6, he was sent to the Detention Center of Jinzhou City. For the Spring Festival 2001, Li Baoquan hung a spring couplet on the wall of his home. It said, "Falun rotates forever," "The Buddha Fa is boundless" and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance." He was taken to the police station by station director Zhao Yuntian and policeman Gan Yanfeng. At the police station, they handcuffed his hands behind his back and put him in a small iron cage for 5-6 hours. Then, they sent him to the Detention Center of Jinzhou City, where he was held for over 20 days. He was released after conducting a hunger strike.

At about 6 p.m. on September 25, 2001, Zhang Zhiqian, an official of the town Political and Judiciary Committee, policeman Jia Jianming, and some others broke into Li Jinbo's home and took him to a brainwashing session held by the "610 Office". They had four people monitoring each detained practitioner. The practitioners were released on the night of October 2, after they started a group hunger strike.

Zhang Jingjun is a practitioner from Longquangu Village, Qidi Township, Jinzhou City of Hebei Province. He used to be employed by the First Division of the Electrical Construction Company of Hebei Province. The third day after the persecution began, he went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. Plainclothes policemen took him to a police station. He was then transferred to Fengtian District. That night he was transferred to another police station in the Baoding District. The policemen there took turns beating detained practitioners with rubber batons. They beat the practitioners' legs, backs, shoulders and even heads. Their backs were black and blue, and their legs swelled up, making it hard to walk. Later, Mr. Zhang was sent back to the Police Department of Jinzhou City, where they handcuffed him to an iron pipe in a garage. The company he was working for fired him without any legal reason.

Persecution in Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province

Li Yuanwei, 51, is the director of the Forced Labor Bureau of Lingyuan City in Liaoning Province. To profit politically, he tricked his sister Li Jie into going to a brainwashing session in Fushun City. Since July 20, 1999, Li Yuanwei directly participated in the persecution of Falun Gong and Falun Gong practitioners. He held brainwashing sessions in Reshuitang Correction House, Chaoyang Correction House, Lingyuan United Middle School and the Lingyuan Power Plant. He orderd the Police Division of Linghe District to search practitioners' homes, abduct them, extort money from them and detain the practitioners. He ordered the police to question them under torture, sometimes using the tiger bench. In this way, he put pressure on the practitioners and their relatives.

Practitioner's daughter traumatized by abuse suffered by her father

Practitioner Jiang Xinmeng's daughter became mentally ill due to being terrorized by the police. Mr. Jiang Xinmeng is a Falun Gong practitioner from Lushan County of Weihai City in Shandong Province. He refused to give up his belief in Falun Gong. He has been homeless for 3 years now. On June 21, 2002, the policemen from Lushan County broke into and searched his home. His 15-years-old daughter became mentally ill with a panic disorder.. His other daughter was terrified upon seeing the policemen chasing and assaulting her father.

The persecution suffered by a lady farmer from Mengyin City of Shandong Province

My name is Ren Liangxiu and I am 40 years old. I'm a Falun Gong practitioner living in Nanji Village, Tanbu Town, Mengyin County of Shandong Province. I went to Beijing to file an appeal on behalf of Falun Gong in 2000 and plainclothes policemen arrested me. Later they transferred me to the Yanqing Detention Center and tortured me there. After I held a hunger strike for days, I was released, but later on policemen from Tanbu Police Station of Mengyin County abducted me. They beat me for a long time while swearing at me. They used a burning hot iron hook to burn my forehead. My forehead was covered with blood after they were done. The second day, they sent me to the Mengyin Detention Center, where I was detained for 18 days. On January 18, 2001, I was brought back and the government officials beat me in the yard of the town government. After I lost consciousness, they poured cold water on me to wake me up. They also fined me 11,350 yuan and detained me in a brainwashing center for 9 months. On September 29, 2002, when I was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to others in my home village, somebody reported me to the police. As a result, I was taken to the brainwashing center again for over 20 days.