Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Summary of Other Articles and News - October 23, 2004

November 02, 2004 |  


Facts of the Persecution

Practitioner Zhang Jianmin from Shahe City, Hebei Province Sentenced to Labor Camp

On August 12, 2004, Zhang Jianmin was abducted by the head of his work and taken to the Shahe Detention Center. Afterwards, the political and security office in the Shahe City Public Security Bureau, together with police from the Baita Security Office, broke into and ransacked his house. His family tried every possible way to find his whereabouts but with no success. It wasn't until nine days after Zhang's detention that the police finally notified his family where he was, and even then they were not allowed to see him in person and could only send him a few clothes and a coversheet. Two months after his initial detention, Zhang Jianmin was sentenced to the Handan City Labor Camp with no explanation.

Police Officer Tan Zhenquan from Xingcheng Detention Center in Liaoning Province Tortures Practitioner Xia Ning

On September 13, 2004, about twenty people from the Wenquan Security Office, including officer Zhao Jinghong, broke into Xia Ning's house and abducted him. Along the way Xia Ning resisted arrest and shouted "Falun Dafa is great." After arriving at the detention center, he persisted in clarifying the truth to the guards. Officer Tan Zhenquan handcuffed his hands behind his back in a painful position, causing his wrists to bleed. At the same time, Tan put shackles on Xia's feet, and struck his face repeatedly. The beating left Xia's face swollen with black and blue bruises under his eyes. Tan then attempted to put a rope around Xia Ning's head and mouth to keep him from talking, but Xia Ning resisted and kept his mouth closed. Tan used a screwdriver to pry open his mouth and asked two other criminals to smother his mouth with a mop. After the torture was over and the officers had lunch, Tan forced Xia Ning to perform intense physical labor and struck his back with sharp keys, causing excruciating pain and bleeding. Later, when Xia Ning practiced the sitting meditation, Tan struck the soles of his feet with the tip of a wooden stick and kicked him in the face repeatedly. He also struck Xia Ning's waist with a three-inch-thick bamboo stick.

The Abuse of Yang Lianyuan and Others in Huludao Labor Camp, Liaoning Province

In the evening of August 23, 2004, officer Yang Lianyuan was on duty in the Huludao Labor Camp. He demanded three practitioners who were on hunger strike (Tao Shan, Du Jincai and possibly Zhao Liang) to answer roll call or they would be struck in the face. At nine o'clock, he ordered a criminal named Yuan Bing and ten others to force Tao Shan and Du Jincai to sit on a narrow stool, kneel down, or stand with the feet far apart. Shortly after midnight, together with instructor Liu Guohua, Yang Lianyuan struck the three practitioners in the face and shocked them with fully charged electric batons. At around 3:00 a.m., Yang forced practitioner Shi Cunde to kneel down on a board, which was extremely painful because of his wounded leg. On August 24, Liu Guohua and Wang Yongming did not allow the three practitioners to sleep for the entire night. Shi Cunde was put in solitary confinement, and another practitioner named Zhao Ming was beaten. Zhao Liang and Du Jincai are still on hunger strike to protest the treatment.

Practicing Falun Gong Saves My Life, Yet Officials Torture Me for It

My name is Zheng Xilan and I am 66 years old. I am a farmer and housewife in Beilijia Village in Guanzhuang Town, Anqiu City, Shandong Province. I used to suffer from pulmonary emphysema, cervical vertebra pain, back pain and neurasthenia. All kinds of medical treatments were unable to help me. After I practiced Falun Gong, all these diseases disappeared within half a year. Our whole family knows that Dafa is miraculous and we all practice Falun Gong. My husband had a stroke in 1993. Now his health is in good condition since he practiced Falun Gong. In July of 1999, we went to appeal in Beijing to clarify the facts about Falun Gong to people. As a result, we were arrested, detained, and tortured. The police extorted money from us and tried to brainwash us into renouncing Falun Gong. After I was released, whenever any sensitive days approached (such as July 20, 1999 or the national day), officials would harass, monitor and threaten me. They seriously deprived me of my basic human rights and freedom.