Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More Information Concerning the Persecution and Death of Practitioner Mr. Cui Fengqi

November 16, 2004 |   By a practitioner in Tangshan City, Hebei Province

(Clearwisdom.net) On October 18, 2004, practitioners from Tangshan City held a memorial for fellow practitioner Mr. Cui Fengqi, who was persecuted to death. His death was an intolerable injustice, and practitioners and other kind-hearted people are once again witnesses to the catastrophe brought about by Jiang Zemin's persecution of Falun Gong, and his evil policy intended to "ruin their reputations, bankrupt them financially, and destroy them physically." What follows is more information about the persecution suffered by Mr. Cui Fengqi and his wife.

Mr. Cui Fengqi, 40 years old, was employed at the Coking and Gas Production Plant of the Tangshan Steel Corporation in Hebei Province. He became fit and healthy when he started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. He was also full of energy at work. Based on his own experience, Mr. Cui firmly believed that there was nothing wrong with practicing Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance. After Jiang Zemin instituted the unlawful suppression of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Cui Fengqi was illegally detained at his workplace on many occasions.

In early March of 2001, the plant's Party Branch Secretary Xiao Hongli led others to unlawfully search Mr. Cui's house. When he reported for work on the second shift, Mr. Cui Fengqi was illegally detained at the plant's Public Security Branch Office. Meanwhile, they refused to let his wife go home at the conclusion of her shift. In the late afternoon, their child was expected home from school, so the plant Deputy Director Zhang Huaiming (currently the Plant Union Chairman) went to the Public Security Branch Office and told them to let Mr. Cui go home briefly to arrange for his child's care, the implication being that Mr. and Mrs. Cui would not be released. Furthermore, Public Security Branch Office personnel, namely Cai Zhiqiang, Xu Haichun, and Zhao Weidong, were again dispatched to ransack Mr. Cui's house, although they lacked any legal right to do so. That night Mr. and Mrs. Cui were detained at the plant's guest center in separate rooms and under the watchful eyes of plant guards. Around midnight Mr. and Mrs. Cui saw each other on the way to the restroom, and with righteous thoughts the couple fled detention, an act that ultimately caused them to become homeless fugitives. The Coking and Gas Production Plant fired Mr. and Mrs. Cui using the couple's absence from work as an excuse to do so.

On April 18, 2001, Mr. Cui Fengqi and his wife returned to see their child and parents, but the plant's Public Security Branch Office sent officers to the house in an attempt to once again illegally arrest them. Mr. and Mrs. Cui had no other choice but to run again, leaving town to avoid being persecuted.

On July 18, 2001, Mr. and Mrs. Cui came home again in order to care for their child. On August 20, the plant's Public Security Branch Office unlawfully arrested the couple and seized their money and personal property. Mrs. Cui was illegally detained at Tangshan Steel Corporation's Public Security Office while Mr. Cui was detained at the Coking and Gas Production Plant's Public Security Branch Office.

One day Mr. Cui's mother-in-law took his son to the plant for a visit. The plant's Public Security Branch Office Director Xiong Guilin ordered plant guards Xu Haichuan and Zhao Weidong to drag Mr. Cui to the plant's entrance. Followed by plant guards, Xiong Guilin was at the head of the procession, displaying Mr. Cui to the public, and yelling, "Cui Fengqi is a notorious criminal on the national most wanted list!" This defamatory treatment in front of his relatives and bystanders caused Mr. Cui immense suffering.

On August 27, 2001, plant security guards Cai Zhiqiang and Qiu Liansheng took Mrs. Cui from the city headquarters back to the plant's Public Security Branch to continue the illegal detention. On the afternoon of September 5, 2001, Mr. and Mrs. Cui Fengqi were deceived into going with plant security guards Cai Zhiqiang, Qiu Liansheng, Xu Haidong, Zhao Weidong and others, who detained them in the City's No. 2 Detention Center. The men's cell had no amenities: no toilet paper in the men's room and only cold water from the urinal for bathing. This awful situation caused Mr. Cui Fengqi even more physical and mental anguish.

On October 10, 2001, the Coking and Gas Production Plant's security personnel Zhao Sheng, Cai Zhiqiang, Ciu Liansheng, and Zhao Weidong took Mr. and Mrs. Cui from the city detention center to the city brainwashing center. Mr. Cui couldn't pass the physical exam and had developed blurred eyesight. His employment status was classified as disabled, so he was finally released for medical treatment. Meanwhile, Mrs. Cui was detained at the brainwashing center for further persecution.

Under these objectionable circumstances she developed heart problems, with inadequate circulation, a rapid pulse, headaches, etc., and she was subsequently released for medical treatment on December 20, 2001. After returning home, Mr. and Mrs. Cui called the plant's management many times demanding the return of the more than 10,000 yuan in cash and other personal property, including Mrs. Cui's identification card, which had been illegally confiscated, but their efforts were in vain.

In early July 2004, because she needed her ID card, Mr. and Mrs. Cui again called the plant's "610 Office" Director Han Yushu and the former plant Party Secretary Xiao Hongli to ask for its return. Later they made the same request to Party Branch Secretary Zhang Quanli, with no results. At 4:30 p.m. on the afternoon of July 21, plant security guards led by Cai Zhiqiang came to Mr. Cui's house and beat on his door to harass him. Late that night, sometime after 2 a.m., the plant security personnel returned and kept knocking on the door. They also tried to force the door open and yelled through the space between the door and the frame. This harassment severely interfered with the normal daily life of the Cui family.

Because their money and personal property had been confiscated and Mr. Cui was now disabled, they had no money to pay for his medical treatment for the physical and mental injuries he had sustained as a result of the persecution. This circumstance led to Mr. Cui Fengqi's untimely death. He was only 40 years old when he died, and he left behind his wife and his young child, as well as his elderly mother. After he died as a result of the persecution on October 15, 2004, his relatives contacted the plant management for help with the funeral expenses, but the plant didn't send anyone, so his relatives had to pay for the cremation of Mr. Cui's body with their own money.

The persecution and death of Mr. Cui Fengqi threw his whole family into a state of mental trauma that is beyond remedy. Even so, the plant organization has not helped to resolve any of the family's reasonable and basic requests.