Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Peng Shiming Died as a Result of Persecution, His Wife Liu Xiaolian Died from Mental Trauma, both in 2002

November 13, 2004 |   By the staff of the Huangpo District Ironware Company in Wuhan City, Hubei Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioners Peng Shimin and Liu Xiaolian were repeatedly harassed and illegally detained many times. Peng Shimin unfortunately passed away in October of 2002. His wife Liu Xiaolian was seriously traumatized after her husband's last arrest, and she died on February 14, 2002.

Mr. Peng Shimin was the volunteer director of the Falun Gong instruction center in the Huangpo District. When he was diagnosed with lung cancer at the Hubei Tumor Hospital in 1995, he went into a deep depression. Fortunately, however, he learned of Falun Dafa and began practicing. After cultivating in Falun Dafa for a while, according to Mr. Peng Shimin, he threw up a putrid mass, after which he regained his health.

After the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, Peng Shimin was regarded as a key person because of his determination to practice the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" and to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa. His every living moment was monitored, he was repeatedly harassed, illegally detained and forced to go through brainwashing a total of eight times. As a result of persecution, he was mentally and physically debilitated, and he died tragically in October 2002 at the age of 57.

Liu Xiaolian was a retired female staff member of the Huangpo District Ironware Company. Her liver disease began to improve when she started to practice Falun Dafa in 1996. The intense persecution against her husband harmed her in many ways, physically and mentally. The "610 Office" was unrelenting in its persecution of both of them.

On January 26, 2002, the "610 Office" commanded a number of policemen to break into Liu Xiaolian's house. Once inside they arrested her husband again. Liu Xiaolian was seriously traumatized by this event, and she developed incontinence. No more than ten days after she was hospitalized, she died on February 14, 2002, at the age of 54.