Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Chen Guiqin from Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province Dies As a Result of Persecution in January, 2004

November 10, 2004 |   By a Falun Dafa Practitioner in China

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Chen Guiqin from Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province was subjected to persecution repeatedly, which caused her old illnesses to recur. She died on January 6, 2004.

Ms. Chen was formerly an elementary school teacher in Tangwang District, Yichun City. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and recovered from several illnesses shortly after she learned the practice. She became well again.

In July 1999 when the Jiang group started to persecute Falun Gong, she went to the National Women's Council in Beijing to appeal for an end to the persecution and she brought with her handwritten stories about how she benefited from the practice. Unfortunately, a plainclothes police officer mixing with the staff at the Women's Council abducted her to the Heilongjiang Province's resident office in Beijing. She was then taken back to her hometown and detained at a local police station for 15 days. She continued the practice after she was released, in spite of the continued harassment by the local police and "610 Office". During the Spring Festival 2000, local police, without any legal grounds, abducted her and detained her again.

Towards the end of 2001, Ms. Chen Guiqin went to Beijing again and was intercepted by the local police and taken back to her hometown. During her detention, banners such as "Falun Dafa is good" were seen around the town. One night, she was taken from the detention center to the local public security bureau. A group of police officers led by Jiang Wei, the vice bureau chief, tried to force Ms. Chen to admit that she wrote and posted the banners. They even claimed that if she did not confess, she would be thrown off the mountain and killed. She refused to admit to any wrongdoing and was tortured by Wen Xiaohui and Huang Yan with methods such as "Holding the Kettle" (1) and "Body Folding" (2)

Later she was sent to a forced labor camp for two years at Harbin Detox Center, where she was subjected to brainwashing. Suffering from huge psychological pressure and emotional and physical abuses, her old illnesses came back. She was extremely weak when she was released. The police continued to harass her at home until her health deteriorated further and she died.

October 21


(1) "Holding the Kettle": a torture method.

(2) "Body-folding": a torture method. It refers to standing with two legs straight and close, and bending the head down as far as it will go toward the feet, in front of the knees. The fingers point to the ground, the head is upside down, making the body form a 90-degree angle. The victim is forced to keep this position for 17 to 18 hours a day except when eating, sleeping and using the toilet.