Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Tortures Inflicted on Falun Gong Practitioners at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp

October 09, 2004 |   By a practitioner in Liaoning Province, China


1) Group Leaders Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners

At the end of December 2001, practitioners Ms. Xie Xiulan and Shi Shengying, who are from the Tiexi District in Shenyang City, refused to watch movies that defamed Falun Dafa. The guards took Xie Xiulan away to torture her. In the dining hall on the first floor, when Shi Shengying, age 64, asked police officers where Xie was, more than ten officers dragged her to the group leader's office on the second floor. Group leader Huang Haiyan slapped Shi's face over ten times, and her nails cut and injured Shi's face. The beating also caused one of Shi's eyes to swell up.

Huang Haiyan pushed Shi into a squatting position, dragged her up by her hair and slammed her head repeatedly against a concrete wall. One policewoman named Zhang became scared by such brutality. She even asked Huang, "Is it right to do this?" "It's all right. Who will she tell?!" Huang replied. The torture lasted for about an hour.

Trying to cover up any evidence of the beating, another policewoman combed Shi's hair. Bunches of it came out in the process and scattered on the ground. After being slammed against the wall, Shi's head swelled up, and she felt dizzy. She frequently lost consciousness and vomited after that. She also could not keep any food down. Officers forced Shi pay 500 yuan for a CT scan and then concealed the results.

2) Mouth Taped while Handcuffed to a Bench

On August 22, 2002, the Masanjia Labor Camp illegally tried three practitioners: Ms. Li Dongqing, Ms. Song Caihong, and Ms. Li Liming. Led by Wang Xiaofeng, who is a 38 year-old woman and the head of the 1st Brigade, group leader Xue Feng and over ten other officers stuffed Xie Xiulan, Shi Shengying and several other practitioners' mouths with mops and then taped them shut. Shi Shengying resisted with all of her energy, so officers literally dragged her down to the first floor courtyard and handcuffed her to a bench by twisting her hands behind her back. She could not sit down or stand up. The handcuffs cut into Shi's flesh, causing excruciating pain. She asked a passing policewoman to remove the handcuffs, but the policewoman replied, "No, damn you!"

Officers wrapped several layers of tape over Shi's mouth and head. About ten officers dragged her and the bench she was handcuffed to into a building about 30 meters away, almost fracturing her arms and lower vertebrae in the process. Shi used to have a lower back injury from a collision that was cured after she began practicing Falun Gong.

3) Detained in Closed Mini-Cells, Forced to Sit-down on a Steel-wire Chair

Since the Masanjia Labor Camp has a filthy living environment and provides inferior food, Shi Shengying developed scabies all over her body. Cold water was used on winter days to douse them, which caused frostbite on her hands. In mid-August 2002, Shi showed her scabies to several policemen that came to bring detainees to trial. Later, the Brigade leader Wang Xiaofeng blamed Shi for exposing the truth. Shi took every opportunity to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa and the brutality of the persecution to everyone who visited the camp. The authorities then extended her term for five months.

On August 11, 2002, Shi stopped people from reading books that defamed Falun Dafa. She also requested permission to do the Falun Gong exercises. Wang Xiaofeng pushed Shi into a mini-cell, where she was restrained in a steel-wire chair with five locks and steel rings attached to her arms, legs and waist. Behind the steel-wire chair, there is a small window that is open all year round and lets in the chilling wind in winter. A loudspeaker in front of the chair broadcasts recordings that slandered Falun Gong at a high volume four or five times a day. She was only allowed to use the bathroom two times a day.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Song Caihong from Suizhong County, Liaoning Province, was detained in a mini-cell for several months and beaten by police officer Sun with an electric baton. Ms. Li Dongqing from the Heping District of Shenyang City spent two months in a mini-cell. Practitioner Ms. Hu Ying is in her thirties. Her hands were swollen and bruised, and her toes were infected by the time she was freed from a mini-cell. Officers shocked her mouth with electric batons, which left her unable to eat.

On the fourth day that Shi Shengying was detained in a mini-cell, she had heart palpitations and her sight was affected. She lost the feeling in her hands and feet. She became unable to move or talk. Medical tests said she was short of blood, and she might die at any time. In this case, the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp sent her home after demanding 3000 yuan as a deposit.