Facts of the Persecution
1) This is a partial list of the Handan Forced Labor Camp prison policemen in Hebei Province that directly participate in the persecution against the illegally detained Falun Gong practitioners on the premises: Mr. Gao Fei, Mr. Ma Jianzhen, Mr. Li Boyong, Mr. Yao Jianming, Mr. Gao Junli, Mr. Li Haiming, and Mr. Xing Yansheng.
2) On September 14, 2004, the "610 Office" in Panzhihua, Sichuan Province, had the Yanbian County People's Court conduct a "show trial" against eight local Falun Gong practitioners, including Mr. Xu Langzhou, Ms. Chen Heqiong, Ms. Liang Shufen, Mr. Gao Chaoqun, Mr. Zhang Xingcai, Mr. Zhu Wenhui, Mr. Xie Jingshuang, and Mr. Liu Qinghua. [Note: "Show trial" is the only proper name for illegal trials such as these because they directly violate the constitutional right of personal spiritual belief. The only purpose for such an illegal trial is a theatrical one --- to use the court as a backdrop to make the persecution appear legal.]
Nevertheless, Mr. Xu Langzhou revealed the following facts of the persecution to the judge during the show trial: On April 9, 2004, Mr. Xu Langzhou was abducted by the State Security Squadron of the Panzhihua City's Public Security Bureau and subjected to their violent and torturous interrogation. During the interrogation, the police suspended Mr. Xu in the air by his arms for one entire day and night, until he blacked out. Xu was subsequently denied sleep for three whole days and nights. Towards the end of the violent interrogation, Mr. Xu became mentally disoriented.
Ms. Chen Heqiong also stated the police's crimes against her. They suspended her in the air by her arms for five consecutive days and nights.
3) My name is Huang Lihua. I am a 39-year-old female Falun Gong practitioner residing in Suining City, Sichuan Province. In April 1998, I had the enormous good fortune to find out about and learn Falun Dafa, also known as Falun Gong. After I started this cultivation practice, my terminal illnesses disappeared without a trace! Who, then, would have thought that the local Chinese police would abduct me from my home on June 6, 2003, and send me to Suining City's Public Security Bureau because of my belief in Falun Gong! The police then subjected me to violent and torturous interrogation at the bureau. I escaped from the hands of the police, but they ransacked my home the following day and stole a tricycle and a cabinet from our small business. I had no choice but to flee from my home to avoid additional persecution. I have been homeless for more than a year now. I have a home that I cannot return to because of the persecution.
4) On April 7, 2004, the local Chinese police in Jiyuan City, Henan Province, illegally ransacked the home of a local Falun Gong practitioner, Ms. Ma Zhichai, who is employed at the Xinghua Machinery Factory in Jiyuan City. The police then abducted her the same day. On April 8, the police transferred her to the detention center for additional torture. Ms. Ma started a hunger strike as a non-violent method to protest the senseless persecution against her, but her protest was met with more horrific tortures. Since she started the hunger strike protest, the prison police have tortured Ms. Ma with punitive force-feeding nearly every day. This force-feeding is the number one cause of Falun Gong practitioner deaths. Moreover, the police beat her up so violently that her legs were severely bruised and she became disabled. The tortures also caused terrible headaches and blood in her urine. The harsh and un-hygienic conditions at the detention center have also caused her to suffer from gynecological illnesses that had previously been healed through practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Ma was tormented with the most unbearable torture methods and was released only when she was on the brink of death.
5) My name is Pei Wen. I am a female Falun Gong practitioner from Jilin City, Jilin Province. On July 9, 2001, the local Chinese police illegally abducted me and put me into the Minzhu Police Station in Dunhua City, Jilin Province, and then sent me to the Dunhua City Public Security Bureau's Detention Center, where I was subjected to appalling tortures. I tried to protest the persecution with a non-violent hunger strike, but I was met with additional tortures, including punitive force-feeding and the "Death Bed" torture. The continuous mental and physical torture caused me to become extremely frail and weak. My heart became very weak and my legs became paralyzed. I lost the ability to walk. Despite the alarming signs of ill health, the police illegally sentenced me to two years in a forced labor camp for additional persecution. After I was transferred to the forced labor camp, I was paralyzed for four and a half months. Eventually I suffered from convulsions for more than two months and was dying slowly. It was only when I was on the brink of death that they released me from the forced labor camp. After I returned home, I was bedridden for half a year. It took me a whole year to completely recover my health.
News and Activities from Around the World
The 7th International Conference for the National Human Rights Institute was held in Seoul, Korea, from September 14 to 17, 2004. A large group of Chinese citizens who had no choice but to live in Korea because of the Chinese communist government's persecution against Falun Gong practitioners wish to take this opportunity to appeal to all human rights organizations attending the 7th International Conference for National Human Rights Institutions with the following statement:
We are a group of Chinese citizens residing in Korea. It has been years since we parted with our homes and families. We are longing for our homes and aching to reunite with our beloved families, but simple wishes like these seem to have become unattainable because we are Falun Gong practitioners, and we refuse to give up our constitutional right to our spiritual belief in Falun Gong and it's cultivation principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. While we were living in China, we were subjected to illegal arrests and abductions, 'torture and brutality, the illegal ransacking of our homes, and constant harassment, all at the hands of the Chinese police. We had no choice but to flee from our homes and part with our families to avoid additional persecution.
We would like to seek help from the honorable chairman of the conference and representatives of human rights organization to end the worst violation against human rights in China.