Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Ms. Chen Lijun from Zhengzhou City Is Tortured to Death

October 19, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) 40-year-old practitioner Ms. Chen Lijun from Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, was detained twice at Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City. During her detention at the forced labor camp Ms. Chen suffered from all kinds of torture, including "Tying the Ropes" (1). The prison guards and criminals punched her chest, abdomen and private parts. They stuffed human excrement, feminine napkins and dirty rags into her mouth. On many occasions, team leaders Zhou Xiaohong and Ren Yuanfeng incited drug addicts to torture Ms. Chen Lijun.

During her second term of detention at the forced labor camp, three drug addicts demanded that Ms. Chen meet with them in a room on the second floor of a building at the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp. They wanted to talk to her about her absence at the morning exercises. They slapped Ms. Chen's face and punched and kicked her chest and back. As a result Ms. Chen developed a high fever that lasted for a month. Ms. Chen asked to see a doctor. The check-up showed that she had tuberculosis. Team leader Ren Yuanfang forced Ms. Chen Lijun to go home as well as to another practitioner's home. The prison guards extorted several thousand yuan for medical expenses from each of the two families. On September 7, 2004, Ms. Chen Lijun managed to escape from the hospital.

After Ms. Chen Lijun's escape, the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp and other related personnel immediately began to quietly search for her. They wanted to recapture her since they were very much afraid that their evil deeds would be exposed. Because Ms. Chen's relatives were intimidated, they dared not take her in. She had to go to the homes of practitioners who had known her in the past.

Ms. Chen Lijun used to be 1.65 meters (about 5 ft 4 in) tall with a fair complexion. After her escape from the forced labor camp, her complexion was waxy yellow, her eyes were sunk deep into their sockets, and she suffered from a distended abdomen. She was skin and bones, her arms thinner than even a child's. She needed support just to walk. She was extremely weak and her memory was very poor. She seemed to be in a stupor and was in constant fear. Whenever she saw strangers she would become uneasy. Ms. Chen Lijun was afraid that she might be taken back to the camp, so she dared not remain in any one practitioner's home for too long and dared not publish the suffering she had experienced at the forced labor camp on the Internet. She feared even worse persecution and greater suffering. Ms. Chen died around 4 p.m. on September 29, 2004

After she passed away the Zhongyuan Police Substation of Zhengzhou City, the former "610 Office," and the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp attempted to escape responsibility for Chen's death. They would not admit to the practitioners who had taken care of her or who had contact with her that they had anything to do with her death. These perpetrators of the persecution also maintained surveillance on some of the practitioners who were aware of the incident. Chen's body has been cremated.


(1) "Tying the Ropes": The police tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck, and tie his hands behind his back. Then the police use all the force they can muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, making it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder. Sometimes the rope has been tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm.