Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Atrocities Committed at Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan Province

January 17, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) The police took me to the police station while I was photocopying materials containing the truth about Falun Dafa. They strip searched me, took a mug shot, and subjected me to cursing and beating. That night I was locked in a small filthy room with a foul stench. It was a cold winter night, and the police did not leave me with any food or blankets before they left. I was forced to sit on the freezing concrete floor, unable to sleep from cold and hunger throughout the night.

Then I was transferred to the detention center. More than ten days later, I suddenly received a notification of forced labor without any legal trial. I asked the police, "I have done nothing but to keep enhancing my morality based on the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. I did not violate any law. On what charge am I being sentenced to forced labor?" A policeman replied, "The Chinese Communist Party has never followed any law in dealing with Falun Gong practitioners. Their words are the law. When they say you shouldn't practice Falun Gong, then that's the law you should follow. When they order us to arrest Falun Gong practitioners, we must do so or we will suffer severe consequences."

Later I was transferred against my will to Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong, Sichuan Province, and put in the 7th platoon.

As soon as I arrived there, the prison guards ordered collaborators (former practitioners who had renounced Falun Gong and now assisted in torturing determined practitioners in exchange of reduction in their own prison terms) to try to persuade me to renounce my belief in Falun Gong with their poisonous words. When they noticed that I was completely impervious to this approach, they ordered several inmates to take turns torturing and monitoring me. The inmates dragged me to the wall, made me face the wall absolutely still and quiet. When I refused to comply with the punitive measure, the prison guard ordered the inmates to batter and kick me. They cursed Falun Dafa and Teacher in front of me. I tried to stop them from cursing at Teacher. I declared gravely, "Teacher did not do anything wrong by teaching us to conduct ourselves according to the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. Falun Dafa is a righteous Fa (or Law and principles in the Buddha School.)" Upon hearing my defense, they started to beat me up savagely. In order to protest their tortures, I started a hunger strike. Then they ordered more than 10 drug addicts everyday to torture me with abusive force-feeding. First they handcuffed and shackled me to the bed, and pried my mouth open with an iron pincer. Instead of nutritional liquid food, they poured in large amounts of highly concentrated salt-water. [This causes intense pain in the gut. Many practitioners have died from this because of the resulting dehydration.] A policeman even said, "Pour more salt in. We shall see if she still enjoys hunger strike." The drug addicts knocked out two of my teeth before I lost consciousness from the pain during the punitive force-feeding. I had no idea how long I remained unconscious. When I came to, they produced a very long and thick plastic tube, and forced it through my nose and into my stomach. Then they poured salt-water in. When it reached my stomach, I felt extreme pain and nausea, and then I retched the salt-water out. When the prison guards saw me throwing up, they ordered inmates to kick me violently until I was covered with blue and purple bruises. For several days in a row, I lost the ability to move because of the savage kicking.

Next the prison guards asked a team of former Falun Gong practitioners to take turns bombarding me with poisonous theories around the clock, trying to make me renounce my faith in Falun Dafa. They kept reading from three books written by collaborators. I covered my ears and refused to listen, but they pulled my hair back, forcing my head up to listen to the distorted content of the three brainwashing books. They also forced me to watch TV programs and VCD's created by former Falun Gong practitioners. They forced their presence and poisonous theories on me around the clock, and would not give me a moment of peace. The collaborators worked hard because they would be subject to punishment if they failed to make me renounce my faith in Falun Gong. These people were once Falun Gong practitioners trying to conduct themselves with the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. Now they have given in to the torture, and abandoned their conscience. They would stop at nothing to make me renounce my belief in Falun Gong to trade a reduction in their own prison terms. Under the dual pressure of non-stop physical and spiritual torture, I thought I would be driven to mental collapse. One day I gave in to the inhuman forced brainwashing and torture, and renounced Falun Gong in writing. Alas! How much I regret what I did! I kept slapping myself in the face, and tried to get the document back. I wanted so much to get the paper back and destroy it! But they would not let me have it.

The Captain of 7th platoon, Ms. Zhang Xiaofang, required every Falun Gong practitioner to repeatedly read materials slandering Falun Dafa, and watch TV programs with fabricated content about Falun Dafa. In addition, she required those who had renounced Falun Dafa to write reports that cursed Teacher and Falun Dafa, and encouraged them to snitch on each other in order to make them distrust each other and become enemies. As for those determined Falun Gong practitioners, she would torture them by denying them any sleep or use of the toilet. Furthermore, Caption Zhang carefully handpicked seven of the most ferocious and depraved women from all the prison inmates. She used reduction of their prison terms and upgrades to their meal and bed privileges to motivate this "elite group" of prison inmates to torture Falun Gong practitioners. I heard with my own ears policewoman Ms. Mao saying, "Captain Zhang instructed us to keep this practitioner hovering between life and death. She doesn't know what pain is! You must remember: you will only get her to renounce Falun Gong when you drive her close to a mental collapse." Since then this "elite group" of especially ferocious and depraved inmates started to rule the 7th platoon and bully Falun Gong practitioners at will. After they bully and beat up a Falun Gong practitioner, they would make up lies to cover up their offenses. The prison guards knew very well they were telling lies, but openly supported their bullying and persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.

In the cold winter, the prison guards ordered the inmates to force-feed Falun Gong practitioners with two cups of cold water every hour. If a practitioner refused to drink the cold water, these thugs would grab her hands and hair, or pin her to the wall. Then they pried her mouth open and poured the water into her mouth. They tortured Falun Gong practitioners by forcing them to stand facing the wall absolutely still and quiet, and denying them the use of the toilet all day long. When the practitioners had no choice but to relieve themselves on the spot, these inmates would beat and curse them with sneers and jeers. They would even strip off their clothes and used them as mops to absorb the urine on the floor. The stripped practitioners were left with only underwear on, shivering in the cold winter weather. Sometimes they would leave their clothes on so that the practitioners' legs and feet would swell from being urine soaked . Once the prison guards ordered the thuggish inmates to strip a practitioner who had been denied of the use of toilet and force her to urinate on the spot. They made her stand in the corridor with legs together and with no shoes on, and then ordered everyone to come out to see the "public exhibit." They used this kind of approach to humiliate Falun Gong practitioners. Some prison guards even forced those former Falun Gong practitioners to write words insulting Teacher and Falun Dafa on paper, and then posted these papers on the body or the head of determined practitioners. They would also ask practitioners to curse Teacher and Falun Dafa aloud. Those who refused to comply would be denied of the use of the toilet, or be tortured with other means.

Ms. Zhu Yinfang was a 49-year-old Falun Gong practitioner. One day in April 2003, the prison guards kept pummeling and kicking her, and then handcuffed her behind the back because she determinedly refused to comply with any of their demands. Then when Ms. Zhu started to put up both legs on top of each other to do sitting meditation, the prison guards ordered the thuggish inmates to step hard on her body, and showered her with a savage beating. At bedtime, the prison guards kept her hands handcuffed behind her back to the bed leg, making her unable to move at all, much less sleep. At noon the following day, Ms. Zhu started a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The prison guards then ordered two inmates to drag her by the arms, and another two to drag her by the feet and haul her to the bathroom for punitive force-feeding. It was alleged that they force-fed her with half a bag of salt. The 7th platoon was enveloped with her anguishing outcries. Soon these butchers sealed her mouth with tape. On 2:00 PM when we went downstairs, we overheard policemen whispering to each other, "She died." In less then two days, the 7th platoon tortured a healthy woman to death! In order to conceal the murder, Caption Zhang Xiaofang gathered everyone in the 7th platoon and threatened everyone not to reveal Ms. Zhu's death. Next she kept the entire 7th platoon upstairs, and ordered her most loyal evil cohorts to fabricate materials to hide the true reason of Ms. Zhu's death and to escape consequences for her murder.

As soon as I was released from Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp, I wrote a solemn declaration that my words and deeds under forced brainwashing are null and void, and had it published on Minghui. I immediately returned to the path of Fa-rectification and placed myself under Teacher's guidance.

The 7th Platoon of Nanmusi Female Forced Labor Camp

Tel: 86-832-5212600

Ms. Zhu Yinfang's Brief History As a Persecution Victim

Ms. Zhu Yinfang was born in 1954. She was an employee of Nanfang Petroleum Co. of Xinjiang Petroleum Bureau. She started to cultivate Falun Gong at the end of 1996. On October 13, 1999, Chenghua Police Precinct in Chengdu City illegally incarcerated Ms. Zhu for 15 days. On December 5, 1999, the police abducted Ms. Zhu again at Tiananmen Square while she was appealing for Falun Dafa. She was transferred back to Kelamayi City in Xinjiang Province under police escort. On January 11, 2000, Ms. Zhu went to Tiananmen Square again and was again abducted while appealing for Falun Dafa. On February 25, 2000, Kelamayi City police illegally sentenced her to two years in the forced labor camp. In April 2003, Ms. Zhu was transferred to Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp. The prison guards murdered her in less than two days.