Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Atrocities at the Daqing Labor Camp

September 08, 2003 |  

(Clearwisdom.net Aug 22, 2003)

In order to reach the "transformation quota" of 95% and be designated as an "Advanced Labor Camp," Daqing Labor Camp used all kinds of tortures on Falun Gong practitioners in order to force them to transform.

1. In August 2002, the leader of Team Two, Wang Xichun, Vice Team Leader Zhang Mingzhu, policeman Wang Gang and Zhang Bo, tortured Falun Gong practitioner Sui Honghai of Taikang area by so called "stringing."

"Stringing," also called "binding," is a kind of cruel torture that is implemented by stripping off one's upper clothes and tightening a nylon rope into one's flesh by circling the string around the shoulder. Then, one's arms are pulled back with both hands twisted to the highest position, and the two thumbs are pressed tightly together, locking this string together with the one at the back of the neck. Thus, the person becomes stiff and cannot move at all. The guards then kick the person to the ground, and every few minutes, they lift up the person by pulling the string. The pain is so extreme that it is like spreading salt on a wound. The process makes one feel as painful as tearing out the heart! Not until an hour later do the wardens release the string. Following that, second and third rounds are repeated.

In this way, the five guards all tortured Sui Honghai by "stringing" him. They broke his arms when he was conscious, which permanently disabled him. Later, the wardens shamelessly deceived people by saying, "Sui Honghai was stricken with osteoporosis."

This labor camp has tortured many Falun Gong practitioners by using the "stringing" method.

2. In October 2002, Vice Team Leader Zhang Mingzhu of Team Two instigated such criminals as Jiang Yunxi be used to torture Falun Gong practitioner Li Jianlin. They forbade him from sleeping for seven days and nights. Every day, he was forced to squat on the ground for as long as 19 hours in order for him to consider "repenting." This caused his legs to swell severely, and his mind and body to undergo unimaginable stress.

3. In November 2002, several Falun Gong practitioners claimed that the signatures on the "Transformation Letter" signed under pressure were invalid; thus, the guards started to strike them again. Among them, the practitioners who were the most severely persecuted were Ma Yuliang, Feng Jingming and Fu Hongji. On November 25, 26, 27, the guards persecuted these three people. Every day, the tortures lasted from 8 a.m. until 12 midnight. They kept pouring cold water on them after stripping their clothes off. All three practitioners fainted before the police ended the tortures and they were dragged off to their cells.

4. On December 29, 2002, He Huajiang, a practitioner from Daqing No. 6 Oil Extraction Factory was sent to Team Two of the labor camp. After being sent to the jail, he was locked in the confinement room. Team Leader Wang Xichun instigated four criminals (Wang Qinglin, Zhao Yanjun, Jiang Fa and Zhang Huayan) to bring He Huajiang to the washroom during the coldest time of winter. To "transform" him, they opened the window and kept pouring cold water on He Huajiang. They kept abusing and beating him until he died at 11:30 p.m. before reaching the hospital. The process of torture was clearly heard by people on the second floor. Six people would like to testify about this crime.

Mr. He Huajiang was sent to the labor camp at 10:00 a.m. However, he was tortured to death before 12 noon on the same day. Later, the labor camp shamelessly deceived other people, including He Huajiang's family. They lied and said that Mr. He died of a heart attack.

Mr. He Huajiang is not the first Falun Gong practitioner to have been tortured to death in this labor camp. On September 24, 2000, practitioner Wang Bin from Daqing Design Institute was beaten to death in two hours by Team Two in this labor camp.

5. Practitioner Liu Hanxue from Daqing was sent to the labor camp in early 2003 and was detained in a separate confinement room for three months. The guards adopted the "wheel tactic", [the police take turns torturing a practitioner continuously] using all means to persecute Liu Hanxue. They forbade him from sleeping until 1:30 a.m. and forced him to get up at 3:00 a.m. They kept doing this for over 100 days.

6. Team One, besides adopting all tortures, forced the criminals to paste feces and urine onto Falun Gong practitioners. In the winter, the criminals forbade Falun Gong practitioners to put on their clothes and shoes and publicly humiliated them. They used every inhuman means to devastate the Falun Gong practitioners.

Once, Team Leader Wang Xichun of Team Two and Vice Team Leader Zhang Mingzhu, openly said to the labor camp Vice Superintendent Wang Yongxiang, who is responsible for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners: "Previously what we did was all instigated by you. In the future, if anything happens, you should carry the responsibility for us." The Superintendent of the labor camp, Ying Chengli, still thinks Wang Yongxiang is not vicious enough. Ying Chengli once said to the Chief of Administration Section, Han Qingshan, "We are two evil people! Wang Yongxiang is incapable! If there is anyone who is not convinced, I will beat him and make him look for his teeth!"

This labor camp received the name "Advanced Labor Camp of Year 2003" for being cruel and devastating the lives of Falun Gong practitioners.