Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionateáreminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
1. Zhang Jin, Chief of the Public Security Bureau of Dafang County in Guizhou Province, frenziedly persecuted Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Denghong. He gave orders to detain her and confiscated money from her. Later, Zhang was diagnosed with nasal cancer. He spent tens of thousands of Yuan on his medical treatment, but he could not be cured and died in Jiebi City.
2. Mr. Peng, a policeman in the No. 1 section of the Public Security Bureau of Guiyang City actively participated in persecuting Dafa practitioners. He was diagnosed with cholecystitis and was sent to a hospital for an operation. He has lost a lot of weight and is very weak.
3. Yang Jingxiang, 46, was the Deputy General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party of Shaliuhe Town. After July 20, 1999 he cruelly persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. In the early part of 2000 he died from a sudden illness.
4. Three policemen from the Shaliuhe Town police substation, who participated in persecuting Falun Gong, died in a car accident in 2001.
5. The general secretary of CCP in the village of Dazhangtun in Shaliuhe Town persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. In August of 2003, he also died in a car accident.