Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Torture of Practitioners in Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp, Fushun City, Liaoning Province

August 25, 2003 |  


The following list describes some of the persecution against Falun Gong practitioners in the Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp.

1. In late February 2002, about 20 practitioners in the Harsh Control Section of the Ninth Team started a hunger strike together to protest their persecution. Mr. Yuan Peng, Mr. Zhao Yunshan and a few other practitioners suffered brutal forced feeding.

2. In mid March 2003, the Falun Gong Male Team was merged into the Ninth Team. Policeman Wu Wei beat practitioners in the Ninth Team with his leather belt until his belt was broken. He also locked up practitioners Zhong Hongxi, Li Shaochang, Liu Gang and Li Yue in a harsh control cell to torture them. His brutality triggered a hunger strike by about 30 practitioners of the Ninth Team. Due to practitioners' collective protesting, these four practitioners were released from the harsh control cell.

3. In April 2002, practitioner Mr. Chui Yuqing went on a hunger strike protesting the torture he suffered in the Harsh Control Section of the Ninth Team. The police ordered inmates Liu Ping and Jiang Benxiu to beat Chui's face. They also brutally beat his upper legs and hip with a wooden baton. Policemen also used electric batons to shock him.

4. On May 8, 2002, practitioner Mr.Yao Yanhui was released on bail for medical treatment. He had suffered all the various tortures in this labor camp and the nerves in his lower legs had become necrotic due to the torture.

5. From about 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM on May 9, 2002, inmates Li Ping and others took practitioner Huang Yunlong to a restroom used by the police. They first poured cold water on him, then he was brought to the chief officer's room. Policemen Wu Aidong, Ren Fumin, Li Jiadong, Wang Dan and Wang Yanjie beat him in turn with 3 electric batons simultaneously. Then the police locked him up in a confinement room. Policemen Zhang Jianxin used two pairs of handcuffs to cuff one of his hands to the top of an iron door and another to a hoop on the ground. Such a torture placed Huang in a very painful position, in which he was unable to either stand up or squat down.

6. At about 8:00 PM of May 16, 2002, practitioner Zhan Yuxin was beaten almost unconscious by inmate Han Weidong and others under the order of the police. Then they took Zhan to a restroom and poured cold water on him to wake him up. At this moment, Zhan Yuxin and another practitioner, Wang Xiaoming, have gone on a hunger strike against persecution and torture for about 20 days. During this period of time, they have suffered several brutal beatings.

7. On May 25, 2002, practitioner Wei Zhaixin was sentenced to prison. He was later tortured to death in Fushun Detention Center.

8. In June 2002, Zhan Yuxin and Wang Xiaoming were sent to the female section. The police continued their persecution of these two practitioners there.

9. On the evening of July 1, 2002, the police in the Ninth Section started 3 days of torturing practitioners in order to try to force them to give up their belief in Falun Dafa. They simultaneously started beating practitioners locked up in the second and third floor cells. The Chief Officer of the Section, Wu Aidong, ordered inmates Han Weidong and others to beat practitioners with wooden batons. About 20 practitioners were beaten and had many bruises all over their bodies. They also forced some practitioners to sit with no sleep for a very long time. This abuse continued until July 3.

10. In mid-July 2002, the police brutally beat 12 practitioners sent from Fushun City, Qinyuan County the day they were taken to the correctional center.

11. At the end of July 2002, practitioner Wang Xiaoming, who had been on hunger strike, was taken back to the Ninth Section from the female section and locked up in a confinement room. Wang had been on the hunger strike for 148 days. During this period of time, he suffered forced-feeding many times.

12. In September 2002 when the 16th National Conventions were about to be held, police stations and courts in Fushun City brought many practitioners to 'trial,' attempting to sentence them privately.

13. On October 1, 2002, under the instigation of the police, inmate Ning Guofu ordered another 4 inmates monitoring Huang Yunlong to force him to sit without moving. Once he moved at all, he would suffer beating and kicking by those inmates. They also attempted to force Huang to give up his belief in Falun Dafa with violence.

14. In late October, practitioner Cheng Yuanlong was sentenced to imprisonment.

15. In mid-March 2003, the "610 Office," together with the Political and Legal Committee of Fushun City, held a brainwashing session again in Zhangtang Luotai Village. They started a citywide arrest of Falun Gong practitioners who were registered on their blacklist. They forced practitioners to write statements to give up their beliefs with violence in the brainwashing session.

Every Falun Gong practitioner locked up in the Wujiabao Correctional Center has suffered various torture and beatings. Due to the blockade of the news, we are unable to make more detailed records for every practitioner there. Since July 2003, practitioners in this correctional center have been facing another round of persecution and torture because the police have been assigned "transformation quotas," and in order to fulfill them, the police were authorized to use whatever methods they wanted to use. However, protests from practitioners' relatives, overseas phone calls from fellow practitioners worldwide, and concern from human rights organizations all over the world will make those policemen think about twice when they start beating practitioners. All such support has truly had a strong effect on suffocating and shocking the evil.

August 9, 2003