Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

My Brother and I Are Being Persecuted Because We Persist in Practicing Falun Gong

August 14, 2003 |  

July 28, 2003


My name is Wu Yinkui, and my younger brother's name is Wu Jinkui. We live in the village of Yuping in Pingjiang City, Hunan Province. I began to practice Falun Dafa in 1996, and my brother began a year later.

After July 20, 1999, Jiang's policemen began persecuting us. First they raided my home, destroyed our Falun Dafa books, and fined us 100 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly salary of an urban worker]. In October of that year, local police came to arrest me. A relative let me know that they were coming, and the police extorted a "fine" of some 400 Yuan. The next day, the police arrested me and took me to the police station, where they handcuffed me and hung me from a window from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. They did not allow me to eat or drink, and they forbade me from using the restroom. At night, I was forced to kneel on the floor while they interrogated me. Only after extorting 660 Yuan from my wife, did they allow me to go home.

In August of 2000, village officials Chen Yong and Dai Wangbing broke into our house, and took my brother and I to the village council. They tied us to a basketball goal and ruthlessly beat us. The following day, they hung defamatory wooden signs on our necks and forced us to march around the streets. They later made us do heavy labor in the local police station, and once again extorted nearly 3,000 Yuan from our family before they released us.

On December 23, 2000, my brother and I went to Beijing to peacefully appeal, and displayed a banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good" in Tiananmen Square. After we were arrested, we were sent back by a Mr. Chen, the head of the Yuping Police Substation. On the way back to Pingjiang, two policemen forced us to pay them cash, threatening that they would strip off all our clothes. On reaching the Yuping Police Substation, we were brutally beaten and sent to a dark cell. When they refused us food and water, we yelled, "Falun Dafa is Good!" The police showered us with fists and sticks and blows from kicks until I was nearly paralyzed on the ground. Then they demolished my house, and even took away the lumber. Only when I was beaten to the verge of death, did they finally tell my wife to carry me home. My wife replied, "You have already demolished our home, where do you want me to carry him to?!"

During the period when I was appealing in Beijing, a pig, our lumber, firewood and anything valuable was confiscated by village officials. My brother's color television set, motorcycle, 40 pounds of meat and one pig were also confiscated. They also demolished his furniture, and took 3,000 Yuan in cash. Some kindhearted relatives took me to their home. After ten days, when I began to feel a bit better, the police took me away again to the local station. They stripped off my clothes except for my underwear, poured cold water on my body, turned on fans to blow at me, and beat me with wooden sticks. They punished me by forcing me to kneel down and hanging me up, and subjected me to other brutal tortures as well. Three days later, I was relocated to the Pingjiang District Detention Center. In the detention center, all the Dafa practitioners began to hold hunger strikes to protest and appeal. Several policemen tied me up, stepped on my head with their heavy shoes, and used a Coke can to pour porridge down my mouth.

On March 28, 2001, I was sent to a forced labor camp. I was tortured until I became disabled, and I could not take care of myself from day to day. I had lost my eyesight, my legs were deformed to a point that I could no longer walk, my entire body felt numb, and I had become incontinent. The guards were afraid that I would die in prison, so they released me on February 22, 2002. After I returned home, I was unable to do any farm work. However, my firm belief in Dafa was not shaken.

On a gloomy night in late May of this year, when I was doing the meditation exercises, several policemen charged into my home, ransacked my house, and took my brother and me to the police station, where they illegally detained us. My brother, before the 16th Party Congress, had already been detained for more than 50 days in the Pingjiang District Detention Center and suffered numerous beatings. They released him only after his family paid 500 Yuan in cash.

In addition to the persecution of my brother and me, Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Jinhua, a resident of Yuping village, has been detained three times each year since July 1999. Every time, the police have extorted at least several hundred Yuan from her, sometimes several thousand Yuan.

Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Genghua, a resident of Cengjaing Village of Nanhong County, was arrested and detained for four months in 2000 because she appealed to the upper authorities. In April 2001, she was sent to the Baimalong Detention Center of Zhuzhou City and detained there for six months. She was brutally persecuted and not sent home until she showed symptoms of cirrhosis and ascites [excess fluid in the abdominal cavity]. Her home was ransacked on several occasions, and the police have both threatened and extorted money from her family members.

The names of those who persecuted us:

Yuping Police Station: Huang Qi, Li Xian, Yu Wodong (86-730-6961110).

Department of Legal Affairs in Yuping: Chen Man, Wong Liping, Li Qiuguei (86-730-6282011 and 86-13607409180).

Head of Yuping village: Wu Yiming.

The head of the Committee for Political and Legal Affairs: Xiahou Hai.

Officials in Yuping village: Dai Wangbing, Dai Wenming (86-13874049561); also Peng Jiasong, Chen Yong.