1. Ms. Zhang Huiyun, an environmental sanitation worker in Shiyan City, Hubei Province, was illegally detained, and the police officers extorted money from her family. At the end of April 2003, when Ms. Zhang Huiyun was clarifying the truth of Falun Gong in Yun County, someone followed her and reported her. She and her daughter were both arrested by police, who attempted to extort 6,000 Yuan* from her family. Because her family didn't have that much money, the policemen claimed that if the family gave them 1,000 Yuan, they would release Ms. Zhang's daughter, and another 3,000 Yuan would gain the release of Ms. Zhang Huiyun. They refused. Afterward, these sham upholders of the law released Ms. Zhang's daughter, but insisted that only after they were handed 3,000 Yuan could Zhang Huiyun be released. Ms. Zhang's family had to borrow the money, but even after they paid the authorities, the money, Zhang Huiyun was not released. Zhang Huiyun is being held in Yun County Detention Center and suffers untold persecution at the hands of her abductors.
2. Mr. Chen Qiji, from Jingmen City, Hubei Province, had been forced to leave home over six months ago to avoid persecution. Police officers arrested him on July 14th. He is now illegally detained at Jingmen City's No.1 Detention Center.
3. Mr. Jiang Wentao, 34 years old, is from the Hanyang District in Wuhan City, Hubei Province. On the night of November 4, 2002, when he was posting truth-clarifying signs, officers from the Wulidun Police Precinct in Hanyang District arrested him. He has been illegally detained in the Hanyang District Detention Center since then. No family members are allowed to see him.
4. On June 18, 2003, Ms. Li Jiulan, from Huashan Town in the Hongshan District, Wuhan City, was abducted from her clothing store. Now she is illegally detained at the so-called "legal system class" (a euphemism for brainwashing) held by Wuhan City's "610 Office" ** in Etouwan. It was reported by a witness that four lawless policemen participated in this illegal arrest. These so-called officers even beat Dafa practitioner Li Jiulan because she peacefully resisted their abduction attempts.
5. On the morning of June 18, 2003, when Ms. Tian Qingfang from the Hongshan District in Wuhan City was distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials, she was turned in and taken to the town police station. Tian Qingfang went on a hunger strike to protest this illegal arrest. Later she escaped with righteous thoughts and came back to the mighty current of Fa-rectification.
Lawless police officers who participated in the arrest are: Tian Tao and Du Ping, the chief instigator of persecuting Falun Gong in Huashan Town Police Precinct. The telephone number for the Huashan Town Police Precinct: 86-27-87631444.
6. On February 3, 2003, Dafa practitioners Mr. Song Gang, Mr. Zhang Quanhao, Mr. Wu Zhiqiang and Mr. Wang Jingsong (a doctor for Wuhan City's No.3 Hospital) from Wuhan City were reported when they were posting Dafa truth-clarifying fliers in the Hanyang District. Some soldiers stationed nearby heard about it and abducted them, taking them to the garrison troupe yard. As soon as they were told that they were Falun Gong practitioners, a group of soldiers swarmed on them to punch and kick them. Residents who witnessed the brutal assault said that two of the practitioners were almost beaten to death.
Yuehu Police Precinct and Hanyang District Police Substation persecutors and enforcers put these four Dafa practitioners into the Hanyang District Detention Center. Later they searched the four practitioners' houses. A Dafa materials production site was destroyed and computers and all materials were confiscated. After that, Song Gang and Zhang Quanhao were sent to Hubei Province's Brainwashing Center to be forcibly brainwashed. They were released at the end of April. Wu Zhiqiang and Wang Jingsong have been illegally detained at the Hanyang District Detention Center.
7. At the end of June 2003, local police entrapped Mr. Zhou Jingtao from Xiangfan City at his home. As of now his whereabouts are unknown. He had been previously been illegally detained at Xiangfan City's Railway Detention Center.
8. On January 5, 2003, Mr. Xing Guangming from Xiangfan City was taken away while distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. He was subsequently sent to Xiangfan City's No.2 Detention Center. The people committing this despicable act are from Xiangfan City "610 Office" and the Niushou Police Precinct. Recently, Mr. Xing has been sent to a forced labor camp.
9. Dafa practitioners from Xiangfan City who are illegally sentenced to forced labor or in prison are as follows:
Mr. Cao Chong, three years of forced labor;
Mr. Wang Zeqiang, three years of forced labor;
Mr. Zhang Shihua, three years of forced labor;
Mr. Tang Jianhua, one year of forced labor;
Ms. Xu Dongmei, one and a half years of forced labor;
Ms. Wang Yun, one year of forced labor;
Ms. Li Suying, one year of forced labor; Ms. Liu Weishan, four years in prison;
Ms. Song Yulian, three years in prison.
Those sent to forced labor are at Shayang Forced Labor Camp, and those who were sent to prison are detained at Wuhan City's Female Prison.
10. Around June 29, 2003, Ms. Guo Huiqin, who worked for Xiangfan City's No.1 Construction Company, was abducted from home. Her work unit's leader and lawless policemen from the Migong Police Precinct sent her to Wuhan City's Miaoshan Brainwashing Center. She had been severely persecuted, and was forced to leave home several times. Personnel responsible for this persecution are: Tao Xiangsheng, general manger of the City's No.1 Construction Company; Chief Li of the No.2 Bureau for the City's No.1 Construction Company and Tang Xiaoyang, officer in charge for the Migong Police Precinct.
*Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.
**"610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
July 3, 2003