1. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Zhang Maoying and Wang Xie, Cadres at the Nuclear Geological Survey Institute of China, Are Abducted by the Police
Ms. Zhang Maoying, a 47-year-old Falun Gong practitioner, was a cadre at the No. 293 Brigade of the Nuclear Geological Survey Institute of China. She was followed by plainclothes police officers on the morning of May 30th, and subsequently abducted and taken to the Huadu District Detention Center in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. At around midnight on May 30th, eight police officers ransacked Ms. Zhang's home. Officers handed her husband the warrant for her arrest that night, nearly a full day after the arrest itself.
Ms. Wang Xia, a 48-year-old practitioner, was a cadre at the No. 293 Brigade of the Nuclear Geological Survey Institute of China. On the afternoon of May 30th, she was taken away by the police. Wang demanded an explanation, but the officers smashed her head against a hard surface and broke her ribs. She passed out, with blood covering her body. Despite her condition, the police took her away. She was taken to the Huadu District People's Hospital for a quick bandaging before being sent to the Huadu District Detention Center. So far, her family members have not been able to visit her.
2. [Maoming City, Guangdong Province] Various Kinds of Torture in a Brainwashing Class: Electric Shock, Tiger Bench, Beatings While Being Suspended in the Air, Deprivation of Sleep, and Dousing With Water after One Passes Out
My beloved family member is a Falun Gong practitioner. She has been held, with thirty other female practitioners, in a brainwashing center in Maoming City for over a year. They have undergone all sorts of abuse and torture. The practitioners are each confined in a solitary cell. Even the windows have been shut tightly to worsen the living conditions, and at the same time to prevent others from hearing the cries and moans when practitioners are inhumanely tortured. Fearing that their brutality will be exposed, the police have not allowed any family members to visit the practitioners.
Police officers, and accomplices instigated by the officers, have been torturing practitioners around the clock. The officers and accomplices use electric shocks, put practitioners onto tiger benches*, suspend practitioners in the air and whip them, and tie practitioners up and expose them to the sun for many hours, while depriving them of drinking water. If a practitioner passes out during the torture, accomplices will pour cold water on him/her.
* A "Tiger Bench" is a small metal bench that a practitioner's knees are tightly tied to for long periods of time, and the practitioner is forced to remain motionless in this position. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioner's lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse.
3. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Records of Police Abuse of Falun Dafa Practitioners
Many Falun Dafa practitioners have been held in the No. 3 Detention Center in Changchun City, where many have been inhumanely abused. The detention center has isolated Falun Dafa practitioners and mixed them with criminal inmates . Several dozen inmates share one cell. Falun Dafa practitioners are assigned narrow strips for sleeping, which make it hard for them to lie flat on their backs. Many inmates who are criminals have spacious boards to sleep on. The two meals served there are not much better than animal feed. If a practitioner goes on a hunger strike, the officers will then carry out force-feedings.
4. [Xinxiang City, Henan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mao Gui'e at the Pipes and Conduits Bureau Is Abducted by the Hongqi District Division of the Police Department
At around 8:00 a.m. on June 3rd, Ms. Ma Gui'e was abducted while she was clarifying the truth of Falun Gong to the public. Later, the police unlawfully searched her home and took away over fifty CDs clarifying the truth of Falun Gong. Her home was ransacked. At present, Ms. Ma is protesting through a hunger strike.
Section No. 1 (the Political Security Section) of the Hongqi District Division of Xinxiang City
Zhang Ronghai (Section Head), telephone: 86-373-3021457
Other section leaders Gao, Li, and Jia, telephone: 86-373-3027136
Section No. 1 (the Political Security Section) of the Xinxiang City Police Department:
Zhang (Section Head), telephone number: 86-373-5030720
5. [Qidong County, Hunan Province] Members of the "610 Office" at the Political Security Group Continue to Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioners
The Qidong County "610 Office"* is following Jiang's regime in the persecution against kindhearted Falun Dafa practitioners.
Deng Honghua went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was unlawfully held in the detention center for over three years. Currently, Deng remains in custody.
Luo Xiaoxian, a 66-year-old practitioner, was sentenced to one year of forced labor, but has been held in the detention center for over two years. Currently, Luo remains in custody.
In 2002, Zhang Xuanshou, Ms. Li Baozhen, and a dozen or so other Falun Dafa practitioners were arrested while celebrating World Falun Dafa Day. All of them are still in custody.
* The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
6. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police Unlawfully Abduct Falun Dafa Practitioners Zhao Tongxiao and Wife Wang Qiufang
Zhao Tongxiao and his wife Wang Qiufang were forced out of their home in July of 2001. They had to go from place to place to avoid being persecuted. In mid-March of this year, the police discovered their whereabouts, rushed there, and ransacked the residence of one of their relatives. Since the police failed to capture the couple, they unlawfully held the relatives in custody for interrogation. At the end of March, Zhao and his wife Wang were unlawfully taken away from the home of another relative. They are being held in the No. 1 and No. 2 Detention Centers of Shijiazhuang, respectively. No relatives have been allowed to visit them.
7. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ma Yue and Yu Fanglin Unlawfully Held in a Detention Center for Over Two Months
Ma Yue and Yu Fanglin were distributing leaflets and clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to the public in Changhai County when the police unlawfully abducted them. They have now been held in the Changhai County Detention Center for over a month. Their family members have been denied visitation.
8. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Fan Haidong Is Indefinitely Held in Custody and Persecuted
On March 1, 2001, Mr. Fan Haidong was abducted and brought to the Wenjiang Brainwashing Center, which is sponsored by the authorities in Chenghua District of Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. He refused to cooperate and was sentenced to two years of forced labor. When his term ended, he was put through more brainwashing. He remained steadfast in his belief and again refused to cooperate. He was then unlawfully detained for another 48 days. On May 1, 2003, he was taken by officers from the Jianshe Road Police Station in charge of his residential area and transferred to the Pi County Detention Center for further persecution. There he was tortured with electric shocks. On May 30th, he was sent to the notorious Xinjin Brainwashing Center.
9. [Shanghai] Hong -- One of the Thugs Who Is Responsible for the Death of Lecturer Li Baifan from the Eastern China Normal University in Shanghai
Mr. Li Baifan was a 40-year-old lecturer at the Eastern China Normal University. He was an assistant at a Falun Gong practice site. When he was giving lectures, he earned praise from students that remarked that he was able to turn boring theoretical lessons into lively seminars. While Mr. Li was unlawfully held at the Dafeng Farm, Hong, who is in charge of the regiment, frequently abused him mentally and physically. Hong is the director of the special regiment affiliated with the Qingpu Forced Labor Institute.
10. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Main Telephone Number of the Nanjing Prison - 86-25-2891006
June 4, 2003