Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Shi Zhongyan Is Tortured to Death in the Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province

May 02, 2003 |  

(Clearwisdom.net, April 28, 2003)

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Shi Zhongyan, 45, from Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province, was tortured at the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, and died in the PLA 205 Hospital at 1 a.m. on April 26, 2003. Shi Zhongyan was a resident of Anleli, Linghe District, Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province, and an employee of the Jinzhou Department Store.

Shi Zhongyan went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on October 29, 1999, and was arrested by Jinzhou police. He was detained in the Jinzhou City Detention Center for 56 days. After the Political and Judiciary Committee of Linghe District extorted 2000 Yuan [4 months average salary for an urban worker] from his family, he was released on December 26, 1999.

On June 20, 2000, Shi Zhongyan and his fellow practitioners Li Huanbao, Yue Xuefeng, Zhu Feng, as well as others, went to Beijing to appeal, and they were arrested by Beijing police on Tiananmen Square on June 21, 2000. On the same day, police from Linghe District Station and Lingan Substation searched his home. Police escorted him back and locked him in the Jinzhou No.2 Detention Center.

On July 27, 2000, Shi Zhongyan was sentenced to two years in the Jinzhou City Labor Camp. Because he practiced the exercises in the new camp team, he was assigned to the fifth team to do heavy labor. The average workload was to dig a 1.2 by 1.2 by 5 cubic meters ditch, or even more. They had to work twelve hours a day, or even twenty hours on some days. They were often deprived of the right to rest on Sundays and holidays. The fifth Team Leader was Liu Jun. After the day's heavy load, they were forced to go through brainwashing in the evenings. Police and prisoners often beat Falun Dafa practitioners. Police Gao Yang beat Shi Zhongyan many times, rupturing one of his eardrums. The police also used a cigarette to burn practitioner Li Kai until all ten of Li's finger nails were deformed. In October 2000, Vice Director of the Liaoning Provincial Legal Office Ling Bingzhi came to Jinzhou with a group of collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] from Masanjia Labor Camp to further persecute Falun Dafa practitioners.

On October 16, 2000, Director of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp Zhang Haiping and Secretary Jin Fuli personally took practitioners into the "strict control" group and ordered police officer Liu Tielin to torture them. He forced the practitioners to sit on stools from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. Practitioners had to have both their hands holding their knees, both legs drawn in closely, and straight backs. They were not allowed to move, not allowed to talk, were forced to watch a video that slandered Falun Dafa, and were only allowed to use the toilet three times. Police had prisoners take turns watching them 24 hours a day. Shi Zhongyan was one of these tortured practitioners. On November 1, 2000, the Jinzhou City Labor Camp established a brainwashing class, and Shi Zhongyan was continuously under strict control. The labor camp forbids steadfast cultivators to have family visitations. At the beginning of 2001, Shi Zhongyan did the exercises. He was dragged by prisoner Wang Dianwu from the top of the bed to the floor and beaten.

On the evening of February 12, 2001, the collaborators turned the music up very loud in the conference room that was located next to the strict control team. Meanwhile, Shi Zhongyan and five other practitioners recited the Fa out loud. At 6 p.m., police officer Yang Tinglun dashed in and dragged practitioner Wang Guiling out by grabbing his collar. Prisoners crowded around, and attacked the practitioners with kicks and punches. Shi Zhongyan was beaten and fell to the floor. At 4 p.m. on the afternoon of February 13, 2001, Director Zhang Haiping and Secretary Jin Fuli lead several dozen police, who separated Shi Zhongyan and five other fellow practitioners. Each practitioner was held down by two police officers, who then handcuffed these six practitioners. Later, each practitioner was watched closely by two police officers, and was forced to eat or use the toilet while still handcuffed. This lasted one month. Shi Zhongyan was locked together with collaborators. Prisoner Wang Dianwu beat up Shi Zhongyan several times, and he was rewarded with a more than six-month early release.

Inside the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, Shi Zhongyan endured all sorts of torture, was forced to do heavy labor, cursed at, beaten, force-fed, subjected to brainwashing, etc. During April to May 2001, Shi Zhongyan refused to wear a prisoner's uniform vest, and refused to be punished by sitting on the stool. He was shocked by electric baton and then sent to the new camp team's strict control group. Shi Zhongyan went on hunger strike without water for more then twenty days. He was cuffed onto an iron-chair [see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/9/17577.html] and force-fed.

Since September 2002, the Jinzhou City Labor Camp has been persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners even more severely. They brainwash steadfast Dafa cultivators, and if they still don't give in, they are brutally tortured. They used high voltage electric baton shocks and sleep deprivation against the practitioners. They also struck practitioners with wooden planks and forced them to hold the same position for long periods of time. Right after the torture, these Dafa practitioners would be isolated and attacked by collaborators. Police would not allow them sleep for days. Whenever they closed their eyes, they would be shocked or hit by wooden planks.

By June 12, 2002, Shi Zhongyan had been tortured in the labor camp for two years. But because he refused to be transformed, he had his term extended for nine months.

On October 16, 2000, Director of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp Zhang Haiping and Secretary Jin Fuli personally took practitioners into the "strict control" team and ordered police officer Liu Tielin to torture them. Jin Fuli said, "We will follow Masanjia's example and force you to transform." During this period, Shi Zhongyan and other firm cultivators were brutally tortured. Police once deprived him of sleep for seven whole days. Whenever he closed his eyes, police would shock him or hit him with planks.

Shi Zhongyan had his term extended since June 2002. In January 2003, Shi Zhongyan and Zhu Feng had their terms extended again because they refused to give up their beliefs [see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/3/29/33923.html]. April 21, 2003 was Shi Zhongyan's new release date after his term was extended by ten months. However, the Jinzhou City Labor Camp refused to release him and illegally extended his sentence again.

On the morning of April 25, 2003, police in the Jinzhou City Labor Camp contacted his family and lied, saying that Shi suddenly got sick with difficulty breathing and lost consciousness, and had been sent to the 205 Hospital Respiratory Department for a rescue effort. Witnesses said, "Shi Zhongyan had been tortured until only skin and bones were left, his toes were purple and blue, and he lost consciousness. He wore a set of cotton jacket and pants without any underwear. He looked like he had been dragged on the ground during the forced feeding." The witnesses said that on the morning of April 25, there had been around six to seven police vehicles. Two vehicles had their police sirens on. There were more than ten police officers patrolling in the yard of the hospital, and another five to six police officers patrolling inside the Respiratory Unit, one of them named Zhang Jiabin. The hospital was heavily guarded. The witnesses also stated that in the afternoon, three Security Bureau vehicles were parked in front of the hospital, and more than ten police (among them there were Feng Zibin, Zhang Cunfeng, Li Songtao, and Han Jianjun) came out of the hotel opposite the hospital and got into two vehicles parked there. One drove away, while the other drove to the hospital. Five to six police officers sat outside the emergency room, one of them named Zhang Jiabin.

Shi Zhongyan never regained consciousness after being sent to the hospital. He passed away on the morning of April 26, at 1 a.m. The witnesses said police would not allow anyone to put clothes on him, and that they hurriedly took his body away. His family member followed the police outside, but never could see Shi Zhongyan's body. The police sent his body to the cremation grounds at night and decided to cremate him on April 27. Later, police from the Lingan Substation told his family that the cremation would take place on April 28. If the family wanted to go there, they had to get permission from the Lingan Substation, and they were also not allowed to go there on their own. The Labor Camp warned his family, saying that all the responsibility for Shi Zhongyan's death was from the Lingan Substation, and they indicated that if Shi Zhongyan's family had questions about his death, police would intervene.

Currently, other Falun Dafa practitioners inside the Jinzhou City Labor Camp are facing the same danger as Shi Zhongyan did. The situation is critical. We hope the public will dot their best to help these practitioners.

Attached is a list of the persecutors and phone numbers.

The Jinzhou City No.2 Detention Center, 86-416-4588652.

The Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-416-4567330.

Director of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp Zhang Haiping, 86-13941655333 (cell), 86-416-4562868 (h).

Secretary of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp Jin Fuli, 86-13941606459 (cell).

Vice Director of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp Li Fenglin, 86-13840656988 (cell), 86-416-4162888 (h).

Brainwashing Team Leader Feng Zibin of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-13941642104 (cell), 86-416-4170078 (h).

Deputy Brainwashing Team Leader Li Songtao of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-13604164126 (cell).

Deputy Brainwashing Team Leader Yang Tinglun of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-416-2343435 (h).

Police officer from Brainwashing Team Zhang Jiabin of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-416-2342945 (h).

Police officer from Brainwashing Team Zhang Chunfeng of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp.

Former Brainwashing Team Leader Han Lihua of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-13050469855 (cell).

Education Office Manager Chen Ligang of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-13591251918 (cell), 86-416-3141638 (h).

Management Office Chair Liu Xingjiang of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, 86-13804169251 (cell), 86-416-2343055 (h).

Fifth Team Leader of the Jinzhou City Labor Camp, Liu Jun.

The Jinzhou City State Security Bureau, operator, 86-416-3883333.

Office of the Jinzhou City State Security Bureau, 86-416-3880220.

The Jinzhou City Safety Bureau, Director, 86-416-3883333, (forward).

The Jinzhou City State Safety Bureau, vice Director, 86-416-3880220.