Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Jiang Laiyou Is Persecuted to Death in Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp, Jiutai City, Jilin Province

May 18, 2003 |   By practitioners in Jilin province


Forty nine year old Falun Gong practitioner Jiang Laiyou was a model worker for the city in the Jiaohe City Broadcasting Bureau in Jilin province. In October of 2002, he was kidnapped and brought to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp. Under severe physical and mental tortures, his legs and abdomen became swollen. In the hospital, he was diagnosed with end-stage liver disease with ascites and deep venous thrombosis. In order to shirk their responsibilities, the labor camp officials released him on March 5, 2003. Mr. Jiang passed away on April 30, 2003.

On September 24, 2002, while he was working in his work unit, several policemen rushed in and deceived Jiang saying: "Please go to your home and help us to investigate a case that happened in the building across from your home. You are needed to stand in your home and watch the other building. We really hope you can help us." However, when they got to his home, the policemen showed their ferocity and started to ransack the house. The Dafa books and some truth-clarifying literature were all confiscated. That night, both Mr. Jiang and his wife Xie Hua, a teacher in Jiaohe City Experimental Elementary School, were kidnapped at the same time and illegally detained in a detention center.

On October 22, 2002, they were both illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor. Mr. Jiang was detained in Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai city, Jilin province. His wife, Xie Hua, was detained in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Jilin province.

In Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp, Jiang was subjected to forced brainwashing by police and made to do the heaviest work, such as carrying dung and walking about 30 kilometers every day. Because of severe physical and mental tortures, his legs and abdomen became more and more swollen. Even so, the police continued to force him to do even heavier work.

Finally, Mr. Jiang could not stand the persecution any further and requested a medical examination in the hospital. Seeing the deterioration in Jiang''s health, police were afraid that he might die so they took him to Jiutai City Hospital for a physical examination. The doctor found that he had many serious diseases. In order to cover the truth that Mr. Jiang had been persecuted to such a serious state, the police made up false documents of "awarded points" and "reduced term" and tried to get him out of the labor camp.

On March 5, 2003, the officials from the labor camp lied to Jiang''s relatives, saying that Jiang''s term was due and asked them to bring a car to take him back. The relatives asked the police why they had to bring a car. The policemen lied again, saying that Mr. Jiang's legs were a little swollen and he could not walk very well, but that it was not a big problem. However, when Jiang's elder sister and third sister drove a car to the gate of the labor camp, the police had Jiang on their shoulders and threw him out of the gate. Jiang fell on his elder sister's body. Upon seeing such severe persecution, the relatives asked: "He was very healthy before he came to the camp, how come he has become like this?" The police lied again saying that the examination results from Jiutai hospital were not ready and once they were ready, they would mail them to the relatives.

After returning home, Mr. Jiang was near death. The relatives immediately took him to the hospital for resuscitation. He was diagnosed with numerous diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, liver cirrhosis with end-stage ascites, and deep venous thrombosis. The hospital issued a critically ill notice to the relatives. Mr. Jiang became weaker and weaker and was on the brink of death. His work unit urgently went to pick up his wife so that she could see her husband for the last time, but the police in the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp had lost all their human nature and refused to let her go.

Because of the serious persecution and police's evil intention in delaying the treatment, Jiang Laiyou died under a false charge and with his eyes wide open on April 30, 2003.