Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Torture Death of Dafa Practitioner Ms. Kong Fanrong in Shulan City, Jilin Province

May 17, 2003 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. Kong Fanrong, 56, lived in Shulan City, Jilin Province. She was tortured to death at around noon on May 11, 2003 at the Shulan City Detention Center.

Ms. Kong Fanrong started her cultivation in Dafa in July 1997. She strictly conducted herself according to Master's teachings, abiding by Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. She started a Fa-study group in her home, which benefited many practitioners. After Jiang's regime began slandering and suppressing Dafa on July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing twice to appeal and to validate Dafa. She was illegally arrested by authorities from the Shulan City government and was detained for 30 days. On January 28, 2000, her husband Bian Hongxiang was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. On July 8, 2001, police pursued Kong Fanrong because she had attended a Fa conference. She was forced to leave home and quit her business. Her 87-year-old mother was left unattended.

On January 14, 2003, Kong Fanrong and her husband rented a home in Huayao, Changchun City. Police from Jincheng District Police Department, Shi Yongliang and Huang Huichen from Anqing Road police station led a dozen of other officers to arrest the practitioner couple. The police robbed them of over 3,000 Yuan in cash, or six months of an average urban worker's salary. The police also pried open the storage room of the landlord's home and stole the electric heater.

After they were sent to the Shuangyang Detention Center in Changchun City, Kong Fanrong's husband Bian Hongxiang held a hunger strike and continuously clarified the truth. He was released 38 days later.

Kong Fanrong was tortured with electric batons and the "tiger bench."* She was later transferred back to Shulan City Detention Center, where she was tortured to death. During the time she was treated in a hospital, which was around five to six days, her body was covered with bruises and injuries.

The police have set up checkpoints on roads in an attempt to arrest Bian Hongxiang again.

Related work units and people in Shulan City, Jilin Province:

Shulan City Detention Center:
Zhao Qunchang, detention center chief, office phone: 86-432-8251265
Liu Dianhua, detention center deputy chief and political chief, home phone: 86-432-8236366; Cell phone: 86-136-306-20722
Chen Shengqiu, prison doctor, home phone: 86-432-8216487
Detention center office phone: 86-432-8251958

Shulan City Police Department Chief office phone: 86-432-8224808, 86-432-8225114, 86-432-8230606, 86-432-8235626

*Tiger bench - Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (six inches) high. Practitioners' knees are tightly tied onto the small "Tiger Bench." He or she has to sit straight, with eyes looking directly ahead. Hands are tied around the back or sometimes placed on the knees. The practitioner is not allowed to turn his or her head, close the eyes, talk to anyone, raise his or her hands, or call out to the guards. Many inmates are assigned to monitor the practitioner. Usually, some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioner's lower legs or ankles to make it even harder for them to tolerate the abuse (see illustration at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles 2001/11/24/16156.html).