Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dafa Practitioner Ms. Gao Shuhua Dead From Brutal Force-Feeding at the Hands of Police in Weifang City, Shandong Province (Photos)

April 11, 2003 |  


How Gao Shuhua was Tortured to Death by Brutal Forced-Feeding in Weifang City

High Resolution PictureHigh Resolution Picture

On March 26, 2003, female Dafa practitioner Gao Shuhua was tortured to death at the Weicheng District Detention Center, Weifang City. She was 49 years old. She was arrested on March 14, 2003 after someone reported her while she was delivering Dafa truth-clarification materials. During the 13 days she was detained, she went on a hunger strike to protest. Police officers headed by director Han Taichang brutally force-fed her, leading to her untimely death while suffering horrible pain. According to a witness in the same cell, between 5 and 6 pm on March 26 when most people go to get their meal, Ms. Gao was taken away to be force-fed. When most people finished their meal, Gao was found lying there dying.

The forced feeding killed Gao Shuhua. Many other Dafa practitioners who were illegally detained at the Weifang Detention Center have suffered from similar tortures. Ms. Gao was killed by the brutal feeding. (Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/4/2/34066.html)

Evidence of the Suffering of Dafa Practitioners Who Are Force-Fed by Police in Weifang City

As one 39 year-old female Dafa practitioner wrote of her experience in the Weicheng Detention Center: "In the afternoon, they started forced feeding. They pinched my nose and cheeks. I struggled desperately to resist and vomited a lot. After failing the first time, the second day they shackled me to a steel bed, which is called a 'death penalty bed.' Then several male criminals restrained my head, hands and feet with force and inserted a tube through my nose and into my stomach to feed me. I tried my best to resist. The pain when the tube was inserted was unbearable. Blood flew out of my nose and mouth. As they fed me, I spat it out. So every day, I resolutely resisted the force feeding. They used both hard and soft tactics. Section Chief Li, who arrested me said: 'We will not release you even though you go on a hunger strike. If you die here, we will just tell the outside world that another Falun Gong practitioner has committed suicide.'"

A 22 year-old woman exposed the atrocities at the Kuiwen District Detention Center. She wrote: "They dragged Dafa practitioners out one by one to feed them forcibly. I was first shackled to a steel chair, then two criminals held my arms, while a third one pulled my hair downwards to turn my face upwards. Then they inserted a tube into my nose. The feeling was too horrible to be described in language. It feels like something is digging out your internal organs. They fed me with very nauseating substances. Afterwards, the criminals in my cell shed tears after seeing me suffer."

The Evildoings of the Head of the Kuiwen District Detention Center, the Head of the Police Brigade, and the Head and the Police officers of the Fangzi Detention Center

Sun Kuizhen, male, about 36 years old, the head of the Kuiwen District Detention Center, lives at the Xinhua street apartment of the Kuiwen Public Security Bureau. He used to be the deputy head of the Weizhou street police station, but was promoted to the Head of the Kuiwen Detention Center because of his cruelty in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, toward whom he has been merciless and brutal. Countless practitioners suffered from being tortured, abused, and brutally force-fed by him.

On October 10, 2000, instigated by Sun Kuizhen, police officers force-fed a few Dafa practitioners who were illegally detained. They tied Dafa practitioners to steel chairs while standing on practitioners' hair, and then forcefully inserted tubes into their noses. The painful crying of Dafa practitioners hurt those who heard them. But Sun shouted: "Today I'll make you eat with your noses. I do not believe that I cannot subdue you!"

The police officers headed by the Wang Quanfeng (male, 38 years old, the head of the Police Brigade) and Li Jinsheng (male, 44, head of the detention Center) in the Fangzi District, Weifang City have been even crueler.


Dafa practitioner Wang Aijuan, a 43-year-old female, and employee of the Weifang Cotton Mill, died after being tortured and force-fed. As a written testimony recorded: on April 7, 2001, headed by Wang Quanfeng and Li Jinsheng, police officers and some criminals opened the door of the cell where three female Dafa practitioners were illegally detained. The three held tightly together to resist the feeding. Police officers pushed them to the ground and stood on their temples to prevent them from moving, meanwhile, the three were kicked in their stomachs, chests... everywhere, which caused injuries all over their bodies. But no matter how badly they were tortured, they resisted the force-feeding. Li Jinsheng shouted: "Insert tubes into them no matter how many times it takes to get it done. I am the commander here, do whatever I tell you to do. I decide everything." Seeing the extreme pain of the Dafa practitioners, Li Jinsheng said with pride: "The more you suffer, the happier I am. No Falun Gong practitioners can overcome my will." Policeman Li Jinsgeng ordered three or four policemen and criminals to torture one female Dafa practitioner. Some pulled her hair, some pushed her head down, and then the jail doctor would insert a tube into the practitioner's nose. The three female Dafa practitioners cried, and struggled. Three times the doctor tried to insert the feeding tube into their stomachs through their noses. The three had not eaten anything for three to five days, but each was force-fed with one kilogram of thick salted water. Ms. Wang Aijuan was the last one to be fed. Not long after the feeding, the three started painfully vomiting which quickly soaked their clothes. Police officers in the courtyard cursed the three with the dirtiest words. After a short while, the three started suffering unbearable stomach pains.

On the morning of April 8, 2001, Ms. Wang Aijuan suffered severe stomach pains and was unable to move. The police officer on duty informed the jail doctor to come and check her. Ms. Wang was found to have a fever, and then entered into a coma. At that time, Wang was carried to an ambulance and sent to a hospital. She never came back. Later it was verified that she died. To prevent the facts of how Wang Aiuan had been tortured to death being exposed, the local "610 office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] sent Dafa practitioners Li Zhilian and Song Hongfang to forced labor camps.

(Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/4/18/6873.html)

The Work Units and People Who Should Take Responsibilities for Gao Shuhua's Death

Unit: The Weicheng District Detention Center, Weifang City.
Phone: 86-536-8902110

Head of the Detention Center: Han Taichang, male, about 50 years old.
Unit: The Weicheng District Public Security Bureau, Weifang City.

Head: Xu Wensheng (he is one of the heads)
Phone: Political and Security Section (this section focused on the persecution of Falun Gong. Their number is not open, should ask the operator or on duty office for it)

Office: 86-536-8322510, the Political Section: 86-536-8189921
On-duty Office (available even at night): 86-536-8189943

Unit: the Xiguan Police Station, Weicheng District, Weifang City
Phone: 86-536-8555740, 86-536-8555741

April 4, 2003