Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Four More Dafa Practitioners Die from Torture - Death Toll Reaches 636

March 26, 2003 |  


News from northeastern China reports that 4 more Dafa practitioners have died due to torture; they are Yin Ling (female) and Wang Wenxue from Heilongjiang Province, and Han Chunyuan (female) and Zhang Zhenqiu (female) from Jilin Province. According to incomplete statistics, the verified death toll of Dafa practitioners has reached 636. However, according to the internal statistics from the Chinese police department, by the end of October 2002, approximately 1,600 practitioners had been tortured to death at labor camps.

Nine-Year-Old Loses His Mother as Female Dafa Practitioner Yin Ling Tortured to Death

On August 28, 2001, less than 20 minutes after Yin Ling and her son came back from vacation, seven to eight policemen broke into her home, and forcibly took her away without due process. Her 9-year-old son cried, "Mom, where are they taking you? I'm scared." Mother and son were thus separated; her son has been unattended since.

As a matter of fact, even before Yin Ling's return, the police had broken in and rummaged through her home 4 times. They also went to her parents' home and took the elderly couple away as hostages. Even after Yin Ling's arrest, they were still not released.

Yin Ling was sent to the Jiamusi City Labor Camp where she was subjected to brutal torture. On October 28, 2002, Yin Ling went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention at the labor camp. She developed generalized swelling, her lower abdomen was distended, and she lost consciousness twice. But the vicious guards did not stop their torture; they shackled her to the bed 24 hours a day. She was extremely weak, unable to urinate, and required catheterization. Not until she was on the verge of death did the labor camp officials notify her family to take her home on November 13, 2002. She expired on December 11, 2002.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/3/17/33424.html)

Father and Two Daughters Arrested and Beaten-- The Younger Daughter Was Tortured to Death and the Elder Daughter Committed to Mental Hospital

Because of their belief in Falun Dafa, Han Chunyuan, her father Han Deshan and her elder sister Han Chunyan have encountered numerous persecutions, including detention, forced labor, and even imprisonment.

While distributing Dafa materials in Siping City, Han Chunyuan was arrested and then sentenced to four years in prison for refusing to give up her belief in Dafa. She was incarcerated at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. There, she was shocked with electric batons by a policeman named Jiang for an entire afternoon until she passed out. When she regained consciousness, the policeman shocked her again. In July 2002, she was tortured to death.

Her sister, Han Chunyan was imprisoned in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp, and endured cruel tortures for a long time for not giving up her belief. Later, Chunyan was forcibly committed to a mental hospital and injected with psychotropic drugs. She received severe inhuman treatment.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/3/16/33384.html)

Retired Worker Wang Wenxue Tortured to Death

Mr. Wang Wenxue, 63, a Falun Gong practitioner and retired worker from Harbin Airplane Manufacturing Company, resided in Pingfang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province.

Because he persisted in his practice of Dafa, he was illegally arrested on June 1, 2000, and detained at the Pingfang District Detention Center for 15 days. It was June and the temperature was over 90oF. The police stripped off his clothes, forced him to lie on the sizzling cement floor, and incited the jailed criminals to beat him. Mr. Wang died 29 days after he was released.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/3/17/33423.html)

Zhang Zhenqiu Tortured to Death Five Days After Her Arrest

Dafa practitioner Zhang Zhenqiu, female, 43, was a worker who lived on the second floor of unit one of the Tire Manufactory Residential Building in Changchun City, Jilin Province.

On February 20, 2003, while clarifying the truth, Ms. Zhang was reported to the police and thus arrested. The police subjected her to brutal torture in the Kuancheng District Police Department. Not until she was near death did they stop the torture and send her to the Armed Police Hospital for emergency treatment. However, she died despite the rescue efforts. On February 25, the police cremated her body without allowing her family to identify her.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/3/19/33501.html)