Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

At Least 24 Dafa Practitioners Die from Persecution in Jilin City

March 26, 2003


Since Jiang's regime began its suppression of Falun Gong in July 1999, at least 24 Dafa practitioners from Jilin City and its neighboring counties and cities in Jilin Province have been persecuted to death. Some of these practitioners died of torture while others died as a result of various kinds of persecution. The following cases are listed according to the time of death. The last four are the most recent cases of death by persecution..

Zheng Junshu, female, 24, a student at Yanbian University, was from Erdaogang, in the city of Panshi. In August 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal. However, she was arrested. Later on, the Politics Administration Department from her university came to Beijing to pick her up and attempt to return her to the university. On the train back to Panshi, to escape from this situation and continue her appeal she jumped from the train and died as a result of her injuries.

Wang Guoping, male, 40, was a Dafa practitioner in the city of Shulan. He was arrested when he went to Beijing to appeal. He was mercilessly beaten by the police who used all means of torture available to them. For example they removed his clothes completely and poured cold water on him, and pushed his head into a toilet bowl to degrade and humiliate him. On October 17, 1999, he fell to his death from the eighth floor of the building of the Beijing Liaison Office of Jilin Province.

Li Zaiji, male, 48 years old, lived in the 10th Building on Qingdao Street, in the city of Jilin. He was a plumber for Jilin's Infectious Disease Hospital. On July 7, 2000, he was tortured to death at the Jilin City Labor Camp. His body was full of injuries.

Wang Shuquan, male, 28, was a villager of Nanlian Village, Lianhua Town, in the city of Shulan. In the summer of 2000, because the living conditions were extremely bad in Jilin City Labor Camp, he developed pulmonary tuberculosis and died in the hospital.

Cui Guoqing, male, 36, lived on the second floor, in the first unit, of the 10th Building, in the Yongqiang area, Changyi district, in the city of Jilin. On July 11, 2000, he was persecuted to death at Beijing Liaison Office of Jilin Province.

Liu Yucai, male, 60, was a self-employed doctor in the village of Beimayi in the city of Panshi. On October 1, 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal. He was sent to the detention center in the Chaoyang District, in Beijing where he was beaten to death.

Wang Lixin, male, 34, lived in Room 41, on the third floor of the 21st Building in the Anshun area, Chuanying District, Jilin City. In November 2000, because he made 100 copies of Dafa materials, he was arrested by the police. At the 6th prison building of the Third Detention Center in Jilin City, he was beaten to death by criminals and the police.

Zhao Jing, female, 19 years old, was from the village of Yushu in the township of Baishan, Fengman District, Jilin City. Around the 25th of November 2000, in Yutian County of the Hebei Province, she was tortured to death. Two days later, her body was cremated at Yutian County Cremation Factory, Hebei Province.

Chu Congrui, female, 19 years old, was from Yishe, Xujia Village, Tiande Town, Shulan City. She went to Beijing to appeal and unfolded a banner with "Falun Dafa is good" in Tiananmen Square. Around December 13, 2000, she was beaten to death by the police.

Qu Junli, female, 28, was a laid off worker of Xiguan Thermal Power Plant, Chuanying District, Jilin City. On December 3, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested by the police. On December 16, 2000, she was tortured to death in the Beijing Liaison Office of Jilin Province.

Hou Zhanhai, male, was a self-employed worker from Jilin City. On March 12 and 14, 2001, he was attacked fiercely by the police with police clubs at the Jilin City Labor Camp. On March 27, 2001, he was transferred to Liaoyuan Labor Camp. In August 2001, he was released due to his poor physical conditions that stemmed from the beating. He died four months after he was released.

Tong Zhentian, male, 22, lived in Nancheng Street, Shulan City. During the time he was imprisoned in Jilin City Labor Camp, because he firmly cultivated Dafa and refused to sign a guarantee promising to give up the practice of Dafa, he suffered from brutal torture. On July 4, 2001, he died.

Wang Xiufen, female, 36, lived in Zuojia Town, Chuanying District, Jilin City. On December 21, 2001, when she was distributing truth clarification material at Tumenling Town, Jiutai City, she was kidnapped and imprisoned in Jiutai Detention Center. She continuously remained on hungerstrike. On January 1, 2002, she was forced fed via a tube into her mouth, which caused her to suffocate and die.

Fu Chunsheng, male, 52, was a worker at the transportation company of Jilin City and lived in housing building of Jilin City's Steel Company. Because he firmly cultivated Dafa and went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, he was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor education. On December 30, 1999, he was sent to Huanxiling Labor Camp in Jilin City. Later he was transferred to Yinmahe Labor Camp in Jiutai City. On September 12, 2001, he was unconditionally released. On December 28, 2001, the police from local police station broke into his home and found Dafa books and other materials and they arrested him. He was brought to Daxingtun Police Station. Later on, he was sent to the Third Detention Center of Jilin City, where he was beaten to death three days later.

Lu Shuqiu, female, lived in Yanan Street, Changyi District, Jilin City. In February 2002, she went to Beijing to appeal. She was persecuted to death by Beijing Liaison Office of Jilin City Police Department. The police said she jumped from 8th floor, but her family members saw that her whole body was entirely black and purple with scars, which were apparently results of vicious beatings.

Xiao Jinsong, male, was a practitioner in Jilin City. He was successively imprisoned in Huanxiling Labor Camp of Jilin City and Yinmahe Labor Camp of Jiutai City. Because Mr. Xiao would not sign a statement to break up with Falun Dafa and he firmly protested the persecution by going on a hungerstrike, he was brutally tortured by the police at the labor camp. On February 24, 2002, he died as a result of the persecution he received.

Sun Jianhua, male, 34, was a practitioner from Shulan City. In the mid-March, 2002, Mr. Sun was surrounded by the police at Shulan City Train Station. They took shifts to watch him. In order to avoid being arrested, Mr. Sun did not eat, drink or sleep for seven days and nights. At that time, it was extremely cold at night and he wore very thin clothes. However, he still withstood seven days of the hardships. After the police withdrew, he almost collapsed. Due to his extremely poor physical condition, he died on March 23, 2002.

Yu Lixin, female, 36, was a cadre of the Municipal General Labor Union of Jilin City, and she held a bachelor's degree. Ms Yu went to Beijing to appeal, and she was taken back by the Jilin City Police Department. She was discharged from her job, and was illegally sentenced to a five-year imprisonment. In prison she was tortured and beaten On March 8, 2002, Ms Yu went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal persecution. The Police Hospital then injected her with a drug that damages central nervous system. On April 5, she fell into a coma. On May 4, 2002, the 66th day of her hunger strike, she died.

Wang Xiulan, female, 50, was a volunteer contact person at one Dafa practice site of Longdong, Jilin City before July 20, 1999. During the period of imprisonment at the labor camp, she suffered from brutal torture, but she did not obey the evil and refused to sign a statement denouncing Dafa. She was later released because of her health problem, however in May 2002, she was again persecuted and it resulted in her death.

Wang Xiuyun, female, 47, was a Dafa practitioner from Huadian City, Jilin Province. On June 3, 2002, Ms Wang and other seven Dafa practitioners were kidnapped by the police to the Department of Politics and Administration, in the Huadian City Police Department. In order to extort a confession, the police brutally tortured her. She was then sent to Huadian City Detention Center. During the period of imprisonment, Ms Wang suffered severe torture and as a result she had fluid in her lungs. In order to shirk responsibility, the Huadian City Police Department and the detention center transferred her Heizuizi Prison in Changchun City, without informing her family members. Only 10 days later, Ms Wang died.

Wang Ziguang, male, 54, graduated from the technical college, was the provost at 26th Middle School, Jilin City. Because he persisted in cultivating Falun Dafa he was arrested at home. After a period of time he was sent to the Jilin City Labor Camp. In less than one year, he was tortured to point of near death and was sent back home where he died 4 to 5 days later.

Guo Shufen, female, 49, was a villager of Erdao Village, Erdao Town, Fengman District, Jilin City. All neighbors said that she was a very good person. After she took up the practice of Falun Dafa, she had benefited significantly. In October 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal and tell the truth, "Falun Dafa is good." She was arrested, brought back to Jilin where she was detained at the local police station. She was not allowed to drink any water or eat anything. The police also did not allow her family members to visit her. In less than one week, she was tortured to death.

Liu Mingke

Liu Mingke, female, was from Jilin City. On June 15, 2002, she died as a result of the persecution she received.

Shen Shuhua, female, 47, lived in the eighth Group, 7th Team, Ruyi Alley, Xindihao, Changyi District, Jilin City. In September 1999, she was detained by Xindihao Police Station. During her detention, because she could not bear losing her freedom, she suffered from a mental collapse. In June 2000, she was forced to clean the windows of buildings along the street. After cleaning, she forgot the tub. On June 25, she went to retrieve the tub. She fell down from the building, which caused her death. The reason that caused her fall is unclear.