Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

In Memory of Two Dafa Practitioners: Chen Dewen and Wang Huachen

February 01, 2003 |  



Knowing that Chen Dewen was persecuted to death by Huludao Labor Camp and Wang Huachen was tortured to death by the Lianshan District Police Station in Huludao City, Liaoning Province, I feel great pain deep in my heart.

Chen Dewen was one of the first Falun Gong practitioners in Huludao City who were illegally reeducated through labor at the end of October 1999. At that time the environment was very bad. The police frequently used criminals to beat mercilessly, insult, and physically punish Falun Gong practitioners.

At the beginning of 2000, several Dafa practitioners and I were sent together to the strict management brigade in Huludao Labor Camp. Over there, I met Chen Dewen. This was already the second time for him to be under strict management. Mr. Chen did not accept the physical punishment and firmly refused the evil's request. The police dragged him to another room and punished him by forcing him to sit on a narrow backless stool for extended period of time. The stool was only three fingers' wide. The longer you sit on it, the more uncomfortable you feel. Later on, his feet and legs were all swollen. Several of us were mercilessly beaten and punished physically over ten hours every day until we fainted.

When Mr. Chen met us at the restroom or the corridor, we always encouraged each other. We would tell the practitioners who have just arrived about the situation here and encouraged them not to be frightened by the evil's superficial momentum. We are one body. After over one month of detention, Mr. Chen and another practitioner Gao Zhiwen had their prison terms extended for an additional year. Afterwards, we fasted together against the persecution and validated Dafa. Thus, we passed through one after another difficulty as a whole body. We treated ourselves as cultivators, we were strict with ourselves, considered others everywhere and were compassionate towards others. At the same time, we firmly protected Dafa and validated Dafa, which made many people know Dafa positively and build a predestined relationship with Fa. The overwhelming majority of criminals felt Dafa practitioners were good and were willing to make friends with us. Several criminals expressed that they would practice Falun Gong when they were released. Some police also complained of unfairness towards us secretly and provided support. The majority of police know that Falun Gong is good, but there are just a few policemen without any human nature.

When Chen Dewen fasted to protest the rumors and slanders of Falun Gong and its founder, and the illegal imprisonment of Dafa practitioners. He was persecuted to death.

Wang Huachen and I knew each other when we shared experiences at the city center park after July 20, 1999. After much discussion, we both realized that we should step forward to validate Dafa.

In September 1999, six people, including Wang Huachen and me, went to the reception center of the State Council Office to appeal for Dafa. This was already the fourth time for Wang Huachen to come to Beijing to appeal. Outside the reception center, the personnel from Beijing Liaison Offices of various local governments were waiting there to prevent Falun Gong practitioners from going inside to appeal. (Later on, they simply took away practitioners who came to appeal.) After breaking through layer after layer of resistance, we were able to get in to appeal. However, the receptionists did not receive us earnestly at all. One receptionist also beat Wang Huachen. After that, the receptionists took away our ID cards and informed the Beijing Liaison Office of Huludao City to take us away. We were handcuffed for a whole night. On the second day, we were sent to a detention center at Hulutao City.

At the detention center, I had more contacts with Wang Huachen. He obtained Dafa in 1998. He was very diligent in cultivation and was able to recite the entire book Zhuan Falun. He frequently recited the Fa for everybody. Sometimes, he told us some miraculous cultivation stories of his and other practitioners', and some situations he saw in other spaces with his third eye. At the detention center, we fasted against persecution together. Later on, we were separated. From that time, I never saw Wang Huachen.

In 2002, I was suddenly informed that Wang Huachen was tortured to death at the Lianshan District Police Station. In only three years, four practitioners that I know had been tortured to death by Jiang's regime. Moreover this persecution is still continuing. Every day there is news that more Dafa practitioners have been brutally persecuted.