(Clearwisdom.net) Recently, news was received that Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Tian Junlong was tortured to death at the Changchun City Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp on September 21, 2003. Mr. Junlong is from the Yitong Manchu Autonomous County in Jilin Province. To date, at least 10 Falun Gong practitioners had been tortured to death within that labor camp. Among those 10 practitioners, the youngest being 28 years old and the eldest 65, there included a father and his son.
Forty-five year old Tian Junlong's hometown was the Majia Village in the Wuyi Town of Yitong County. In the fall of 2002, Mr. Tian was illegally sent to a forced labor camp because he was caught distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying material. He was first detained at the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp and underwent brutal persecution there. Three months later he was transferred to the Changchu City Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, where he was tortured so brutally that his life was in danger. To escape from responsibility for the crimes, labor camp officials sent him home on September 1, 2003. At that time, he couldn't speak or get up. The only thing he could do was look at his family with tears. On September 21, 2003, he passed away.
After Mr. Tian died, his ailing father couldn't bear it and passed away on October 2.
Mr. Tian Junlong is the tenth Falun Gong practitioner confirmed as being tortured to death by the Changchun City Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. The other nine practitioners are Jin Junjie, Zhang Quanfu, Song Cangguang, Ding Yunde, Wang Ji, Zheng Yongping, Zhang Qifa, Gao Chengjie, and Bai Xiaojun.
Among those ten practitioners, sixty-five year old Zhang Quanfu and thirty-eight year old Zhang Qifa are father and son. Mr. Zhang Quanfa was a man full of vigor and vitality. At the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, he was tortured so badly that he became only skin and bones, defecated pus and blood, and lost the ability to walk, as his muscles were atrophied. He was tortured to death by the 2nd Brigade of the 6th Division in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp on January 2, 2003. Two weeks later his son, Mr. Zhang Qifa, was released from the same labor camp. However he was already at the brink of death. His body was covered with bruises and his skin was hard and black. His body was full of hard swellings and boils, and his legs hurt so much he couldn't walk. He also had difficulty breathing. He passed away at noon the next day, on January 19, 2003.
Thirty-five year old Mr. Bai Xiaojun was a professor at the Northeast Normal University in Jilin Province. He was illegally sent to a forced labor camp because he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. In the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, he refused the brainwashing. To punish him, policemen instigated prisoners to pour salted water on him, as he had boils all over his body and no good skin left. On July 18, 2003 Mr. Bai Xiaojun passed away at the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. Before his death, he had been unable to eat for a month and a half, unable to get up from bed for three weeks, and unable to drink water for the last two weeks of his life. However the labor camp officials did nothing to save him and just let him perish as a casualty of their persecution.
Starting from the end of 2001, Wang Yunkun, Secretary of the Jilin Province Party Committee, and Lin Yanzhi, Vice Secretary of the Jilin Province Party Committee started devising and directing a large-scale persecution of Falun Gong practitioners at the Chaoyanggou Labor Camp. In March 2003, Wang Yunkun required them to "Achieve a 95% conversion rate (percentage of practitioners forced to give up their belief) by any means and any cost, and send the remaining 5% to prison." To achieve the so called "conversion rate," all policemen and some criminals of the Chaoyanggou Labor Camp cruelly beat practitioners using 10,000-volt electric batons, truncheons, police ropes, hoe handles, handcuffs, V-belts, axes, etc. Usually a dozen of them beat one practitioner. The effects are so brutal that blood can be seen all over the walls.