Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Summary of Other Articles and News - 10/29/2003

November 09, 2003 |  


Practitioners Exchange Insights

Discussions with practitioners in Xingtai area: On the evening of October 13, twelve Dafa practitioners in the Gequan Coal Mine area in Xingtai were abducted and sent to a brainwashing class. We practitioners in the Xingtai area should really look inward and find our problems.

Why is it possible for the brainwashing class to continuously hold one session after another? Following are some of my realizations, just for your reference. The practitioners here were constantly busy with Dafa work and did not calm down to study the Fa, which was the reason that led to the arrest of many practitioners. Dafa materials production sites were destroyed and the loss is terrible. Practitioners who were arrested revealed names of fellow practitioners because they could not give up their human attachments, which made practitioners in the Xingtai area no longer trust in each other. We therefore lacked a united front. Some practitioners developed heavy attachments to fear and to comfort. They only sent forth righteous thoughts at home and would not go out to distribute flyers and clarify the truth. They don't realize they are not doing the three things Master requires of us, to study the Fa, explain the facts and send righteous thoughts.

Some practitioners who were abducted into the brainwashing class didn't cooperate with the evildoers at first, but because they didn't communicate with other practitioners or didn't read articles on Minghui Net, their attachment to comfort took over and they compromised with the evildoers, although they knew in their hearts that this is wrong. That is why the brainwashing class was able to round up practitioners once and again. I call on all practitioners to calm down and study Master's latest lectures more often. We should communicate and share our experiences, and point out fellow practitioners' shortcomings whenever we see them. We must help practitioners who cannot step forward. Let us form an indestructible body, solid like a diamond, and make use of the time to save people.

Lingering fundamental attachments are the evildoers' excuse to continue the persecution. I read some articles on Minghui Net discussing why the persecution is so severe, but most of them did not hit on the essential point. Practitioners who kept their fundamental attachments in fact chose to be ordinary people. So at critical moments it is extremely difficult for them to overcome a tribulation. What is worse is that sometimes the persecution is covered up by the practitioner's extremely strong attachment. For example, some practitioners quote Master's lecture "Explaining the Fa During the 2003 Lantern Festival at the U.S. West Fa Conference" regarding working and living to cover up their deeply hidden attachment to money. However, when the perpetrators attacked a Dafa materials production site, large amounts of money were taken away. Fellow practitioners, have we really given serious thought to maximally harmonize and follow Master's choice of saving all beings?

Facts of the Persecution

1. The perpetrators at No. 6 Factory for Daqing City Petroleum Bureau tortured to death two employees who are also Dafa practitioners. They are Mr. He Huajiang, 42 years old, and Niu Huaiyi. Mr. He was illegally detained on September 16, 2002 and his home was ransacked because he didn't give up Dafa practice. After more than three months of detention, he was transferred to Daqing City Labor Camp on December 23, 2002. He was tortured to death at midnight of the same day. Employee Niu Huaiyi was illegally sentenced to forced labor in August 2000 because he refused to give up Dafa practice. He was illegally detained at Daqing Labor Camp, where he was brutally tortured. In April 2001, he was barely alive. The labor camp authorities were afraid of taking responsibility and released him. Less than a month later he passed away.

2. Persecution at No. 1 Female Labor Camp in Henan Province in 2001: on December 26, 2001, after five days of a group hunger strike, 11 illegally detained Dafa practitioners went to the courtyard of the labor camp to promote the Fa and clarify the truth to the inmates. The guards took them to a new office building and savagely beat and cursed them. The guards tied up these practitioners and tortured them for six or seven hours. On December 30, the guards forced these eleven practitioners to work. Practitioner Fu Hongxia refused. As a result she was sent back to the new building and tied up.

Practitioners Yan Aiying and Wang Deping refused to respond to roll call. They walked out of the group and started clarifying the truth. These 11 practitioners were not intimidated by violence. They continually wrote appeal letters and clarified the truth.

3. Dafa practitioner Wang Jianhui, the host of the Morning News program for Tangshan City Broadcast Station and a level-one broadcaster in Hebei Province persisted in Dafa practice. In November 2002, after suffering two years of persecution in a labor camp, Wang was taken away from the labor camp by officials from his work unit, the Tangshan Broadcast Bureau. He was unlawfully detained in the Tangshan Broadcast and TV Tower, and held under close monitoring. In order to force Wang Jianhui to give up Dafa practice, the perpetrators pressured his wife, trying to force her to divorce Wang. Around October 10, 2003, Wang Jianhui's superiors sent him into a brainwashing class located inside the Tangshan City Weaving School. Wang Jianhui held a hunger strike and was transferred to a brainwashing class or perhaps a detention center in Shijiazhuang City.

4. On October 9, 2003, police officials named Yang Jin and Tong illegally arrested Dafa practitioner Wang Wenqing in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. Wang Wenqing's right ankle was broken during the arrest. He was sent to the No. 2 Detention Center in Jinzhou City. Wang Wenqing held a hunger strike and asked for his unconditional release. On the sixth day of his hunger strike, they force-fed him brutally. On the eighth day Wang was extremely weak and looked emaciated. The persecutors gave him two injections to revive him and sent him to Jinzhou City Labor Camp for two years of forced labor. The physical examination conducted at the labor camp revealed that Wang Wenqing's pulse could not be detected and his blood pressure was extremely low. Because he was in such critical condition, the labor camp refused to accept him. Yang Jin and Tong were afraid of taking responsibility and forced Wang's brother to sign a "guarantee statement" while they lied to him, saying it's a paper for "medical parole." This document states that Wang Wenqing assumes the responsibility himself if he dies.