Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Liu Qunying Tortured to Death at the Caidian District Police Substation in Wuhan City, Hubei Province

January 27, 2003 |   By a practitioner from China

(Clearwisdom.net) On the morning of January 10, 2003, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Qunying was summoned by police officers from Caidian District Police Substation of Wuhan Municipal Public Security Bureau to come to their office building. Shortly after, she "fell" from the seventh floor and passed away.

Ms. Liu Qunying, 42 years old, was from Caidian District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province. She was an employee at a grocery store on Zheng Street, Caidian district. She lived on the third floor of the Liangshi Apartments close to the Aviation Building. She obtained Falun Dafa and started her cultivation in April 1999. On July 20, 1999, the vicious authorities started persecuting Dafa and Dafa practitioners. In February 2000, because Ms. Liu practiced Falun Gong in Caidian Jiexin Park, she was forcibly detained for 15 days. To validate Dafa and to clarify the truth so as to offer salvation to sentient beings, Liu went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing at the end of December 2000. There she stood up for Dafa, and as a result, she was illegally sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp.

On the morning of January 9, 2003, four drunken police officers from Caidian District Police Substation went to Liu Qunying's home and tried to take her to the police substation. Liu rejected their request because she needed to pick up her 82-year-old father from a hospital. The police officers demanded she go to the police substation the next day. At that time, Liu's colleagues all tried to persuade her not to go. Liu said, "I did not commit murder or arson, nor did I commit any other wrongdoing. What do I have to be afraid of? Instead, I want to clarify the truth to them."

At 8 am the next day, (January 10), Liu Qunying calmly went to the Law Management Section of the Caidian District Police Substation. Inside the office building, the police officers carried out the so-called "conversation" [interrogation by force] with her on the seventh floor. Shortly after, it was reported that Liu Qunying was dead.

According to witnesses, around 10-11 am on January 10, a person fell from the seventh floor of the police substation office building. Subsequently two persons blankly stared downward from the window from which the person fell. Witnesses asked: Seeing this person fall, why didn't these two people rush to rescue her?

Then, the Caidian District Police Substation said that Liu Qunying committed suicide by jumping from the building.

Witnesses said that it was hard to believe that Liu Qunying could possibly climb out of a small window to commit suicide in front of police officers. At that time, Liu Qunying was wearing a skirt and she was a little plump. Windows on the seventh floor of the police substation building were divided into two parts, upper and lower. The lower portion of the window is very small. To commit suicide, Liu could not possibly pass through the lower opening of the window; she would have to go through the upper opening of the window. However, in order to get over the lower section, Liu Qunying would need a ladder to climb through the upper opening of the window. People all know that since it was very cold, the windows are all tightly closed. How could it be possible to explain that Liu Qunying was able to accomplish so many steps in front of a number of police officers?

According to the checkup performed by the legal medical experts from the Caidian Police Substation, Liu Qunying died on the spot. One of her eyes was open, and the other was closed. Some food was found in her mouth. Her little finger was bleeding. No other broken parts were found on her body. Many black and blue marks were found on her chest. During the autopsy, dark blood was found everywhere in her spleen and other internal organs. It was quite obvious that severe beatings caused the black and blue marks on her chest. Some insiders said that one could not exclude the possibility that Liu died before she fell from the window.

At 5 pm on the same day, Liu Qunying's family members went to the police substation to look for Liu. At first, the police said that they did not know where Ms. Liu was. Later, seeing that they were unable to hide it anymore they said that Ms. Liu had died and was sent to a funeral home.

With this sudden loss, Ms. Liu's whole family cried so hard it was as if heaven and earth went dark. Caidian District Police Substation, the "610 office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] and the legislative committee of Caidian District forcibly demanded that Ms. Liu's whole family admit that she committed suicide. After Ms. Liu's family requested again and again to look at her body, at 3 am on January 11 they finally got permission to have representatives take a final look at the body. But Ms. Liu's family was ordered to obey these orders:

1. Do not send a wreath,
2. Do not hold a memorial meeting,
3. Do not invite any guests.

On January 12, the Municipal Procuratorate came up with an autopsy report and forcibly demanded that Ms. Liu's family members sign it. The autopsy report did not list the time of death, the cause of death, nor the time or the steps taken to rescue her. When Ms. Liu's family asked the reason, they explained that she was sent to the 13th hospital for rescue. But later Ms. Liu's family found out that she was never sent to the 13th hospital to receive emergency treatment.

Ms. Liu Qunying was an honest and kind-hearted person. All who knew her invariably praised her as a good person. At the same time, Liu Qunying was a determined Dafa practitioner who understood that Dafa's principles strictly prohibit practitioners from taking any life (including suicide). She had an 82-year-old father who needed her care, and she also had a teenage child who needed looking after. None of her relatives or colleagues could possibly accept the assertion that she committed suicide.

Since July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin's regime has carried out a policy of "destroying their [Falun Gong practitioners'] reputation, removing their sources of economic support, and annihilating their bodies." Jiang Zemin's enmity towards Falun Gong practitioners and his atrocities have become well known in the international community and have aroused more and more condemnation and opposition.