Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Torture Death and Illegal Cremation of Female Dafa Practitioner Liu Liyun in Liaoning Province Women's Jail

September 14, 2002 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On December 6, 2001, Dafa practitioner Liu Liyun from Huludao City, Liaoning Province was illegally sentenced to four years incarceration and sent to Liaoning Province Women's Jail. She died on July 23, 2002. The jail officials claimed she died as a result of illness, but insiders said she died from beating. The jail officials cremated her body hurriedly and without authorization from her family to cover up the truth. Following are some specifics of the case:

Liu Liyun, female, 44 years old, was born on January 22, 1958 [Chinese lunar calendar], and lived in the Yangjiazhangzi Economic Development District in Huludao City.

In December 1999, Liu Liyun was kidnapped by police and sent to a detention center during an experience-sharing meeting with fellow practitioners in Fuyang City, Anhui Province. She was released after being illegally detained for 45 days and returned home at the end of January 2000.

Around 2:00 p.m. on June 23, 2000, police from Yangjiazhangzi Police Station broke into Liu Liyun's home, kidnapped her and stole her Dafa books, Master's pictures, Falun emblems, and other items. At 5:00 p.m. on the same day, she was sent to Huludao City Detention Center. After she was illegally detained there for one month, she was sent into a Yangjiazhangzi brainwashing class where she was illegally detained for more than 40 days. In the end, Liu Liyun held a hunger strike to resist the evil persecution and was released.

In December 2001, while attending a conference in Tianjin City, Liu Liyun was abducted by Tianjin City police, was brought back by Huludao City police and detained at Huludao City Detention Center. The lawless police illegally confiscated 5,000 Yuan cash Liu Liyun had on her. Huludao City Lianshan District Police Department personnel ransacked Liu Liyun's home and took one copying machine, 16 CDs of Master's lectures, Dafa books and other items. On December 6, 2001, Liu Liyun was illegally sentenced to four years in prison and was sent to Liaoning Province Women's Jail.

In May 2002, Liu Liyun's husband Hu Baochun and their son, Hu Yang, went to Liaoning Province Women's Jail to visit her. The jail official(s) didn't allow them to visit. Hu Baochun asked the team leader Wang, "Why can't I see her?" Wang said, "She recited [Dafa] scriptures and held a hunger strike." "Was she beaten pretty badly?" Wang said, "We didn't beat her. We just punished her and ordered her to stand." When Hu Baochun asked why Liu Liyun should be punished, the police said, "She disobeyed discipline rules, so why shouldn't she be punished!"

On July 24, 2002, four officers from the jail came to Yangjiazhangzi, Huludao City and said to Liu Liyun's 69-year-old father, who is uneducated, "Your daughter is seriously ill. Hop in the car and let's go see her."

That same day, Liu's father was taken to a hotel in Shenyang City. In the morning of the next day, the jail guards said to Liu's father, "Liu Liyun died on the 23rd. She died from high blood pressure and heart disease." Liu's father requested to see the body, but the jail personnel said, "You must sign a document before you can see the body. You must agree for the body to be cremated or you won't be allowed to see it." Liu's father asked to see the body first; the officials refused, and the stalemate lasted three days. During this time, Liu's father was constantly monitored and was asked to agree with the cremation. Three days later, the old man said, "OK, I don't want to see it [the body] but I won't sign, either. I want to go home. I don't care if you cremate her or not!" A jail personnel said, "Do you want her ashes or not?" Liu's father said, "Yes, I want the ashes." The personnel said, "If you want the ashes, then you sign this form and press a fingerprint." Because Liu's father can't read, he could only write his own name. After signing the form, they immediately took him to see the body.

They took Liu's father into a dark room where the body was and didn't turn on any light. They only allowed him to see the head, which was swollen. They immediately took the body to a crematory after Liu's father saw it. They sent him back to Yangjiazhangzi.

People who knew the inside story all said that Liu Liyun died from beating.