Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Police of Sanhe City, Hebei Province, Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioner Xin Baodong

April 13, 2002 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Xin Baodong, male, 37 years old, of Nanguan Village, Juyang Township, Sanhe City, has been harassed at home and in his store, and arrested, for practicing Falun Gong by Ma Zhixing, policeman from Juyang Township Police Station, and Zhao Xu and Zhi Lijun, government officials of Juyang Township, on numerous occasions. He has also been questioned whether or not he still practices and whether he plans to go to Beijing. Once at 5 o'clock in the morning, the police broke into Xin's home while Xin's wife, Gao Shuying, was still in bed. Shi Lijun (male) went to pull her out of her bed. Immediately, Gao requested that they leave the room while she got dressed, but they refused.

In November 2000, Xin Baodong was caring for his ailing 78 year-old mother when local police took him away from the hospital to interrogate him. The reason behind the arrest was that Xin and another practitioner, Kang Jingtai, were seen meeting in a nearby village and the police had been tipped off. After being unlawfully arrested, Xin was sentenced to a one-year term in a forced labor camp. Kang Jingtai was sentenced to two years for "subverting the reign of the government." Liu Hui and Du Haixia even bribed the officials to send both of them, along with another practitioner Li Fengxia, to Tangshan City, Hebei province for forced labor. However, the three of them were refused admission because of a lack of evidence against Xin and Kang. In addition, Li did not pass their physical check up. But things did not become easier for them.

Later, Xin and Kang were transferred to Wanzhuang Forced Labor Camp in Langfang City, where they were forced to do 19-hour days of hard labor, carrying heavy sacks full of grain, shouldering stacks of beans on a pole, and sawing plastic balls. Xin's mother has been bedridden since she was released from the hospital and his father is over 80 year old.

Xin was released on October 2001.

On March 10, 2002, Xin's gift store and his home were searched by the local police and police from Tongzhou District, Beijing, but to no avail. Then both husband and wife were illegally detained. While his wife was released after three days, inmates beat Xin for several days until he became seriously injured. The Sanhe Traditional Chinese Hospital refused to admit him because of the dozens of fractures found in his ribs and the great amount of internal bleeding inside his body. As a result, Xin had to be transferred to another hospital.

Xin was then sent to No. 263 Hospital in Tongzhou, Beijing. Upon arrival, police questioned Xin's wife how she came to know of Xin's whereabouts. It was not until he refused treatment that they allowed her to stay and care for her husband. In addition, his relative was told that he suffered four fractures. However, the police did not want his relative to make any trouble, so they invited the relative for dinner, as a sign of "kindness." Once they sat together, the police told him that Xin, in fact, suffered eight fractured ribs! Adding further insult, in very devious ways, they tricked the relative into handing over pictures of Xin's injuries.

As Xin lay in the hospital, more than 1,000 milliliters of extravagated blood was extracted from his body. All the while, police stood at his bedside, making sure no one interfered with the crimes that were going on.