Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Telecommunication Engineer's Testimony in Court

March 19, 2002 |  


At 5:00 pm on February 7th 2002, in the Tianyu District Court of Changzhou City, a 41-year-old Falun Gong practitioner, Xu Ming, (a telecommunications engineer from Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province) gave the following testimony:

"First, I would like to declare that I am not guilty. It is not a crime for me to read articles on Minghui Net. These articles are for people all over the world--why can't I read them? The contents of the articles include cultivation experiences, truth-clarification, exposure of the suppression and facts of the persecution. All of these articles are for rectifying the Fa and saving the world's people."

"As for the article I wrote entitled 'An Announcement to the People in Changzhou City,' I don't think it was wrong for me to write the article. What I said was all the truth. It was for the purpose of clarifying the truth and exposing the persecution. At the same time, it was to let the government know that Zhuan Falun teaches us to cultivate Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance. There is nothing wrong with that, is there? Zhuan Falun teaches us to be better people, better wives and husbands, better staff members and better citizens in society."

"Why do I practice Falun Gong? I had learned many other Qigong practices before, but they didn't do me much good. When I first learned Falun Gong, however, I regained my health--my heart problems (myocarditis), arthritis and other diseases are all gone."

At last, Xu Ming said, "I believe that 'Good will receive rewards and evil will receive retribution.'"

Another Falun Dafa practitioner, 42 year-old Shao Chunhua, was put through an illegal court hearing at the same time. He also said, "Good will receive rewards and evil will receive retribution." Shao Chunhua was illegally held in custody for over a year. He was arrested when he was caught distributing truth-clarifying materials. (The court hearing was held between October 2000 and February 7th, 2002).

During this same period, these two practitioners were tortured into making confessions. During the daytime, they were forced to do hard labor. They were subjected to the torture of sleep deprivation for over ten consecutive days.

Finally, the court illegally sentenced one of them to ten years in prison and the other to nine.