March 9, 2002
(Clearwisdom.net) In July 1999, Jiang's regime started to slander and persecute Falun Dafa. People who were involved in this brutal persecution included the police in Songyuan City Police Department, Liu Dianju, Ma Changhe, and others from QianQianguo County Police Department, the chairman of QianQianguo County Guan District Police Department Xie and police officer Wang Guohui, Wang Xiaohui, Su Buo, Zhang Zhen, Tong Lijun, Li Guangming and others from Hongguang Farm Police Station, and Wang Chengshen, Wang Yubo, Han Liguo, and others from Hongguang Farm. They abused their authority to brutally persecute Falun Dafa practitioners and they illegally extorted much money and property from hundreds of practitioners who worked as farmers.
According to incomplete statistics, since July 20, 1999, they have extorted more than 200,000 Yuan [the average monthly income of urban area is about 500 Yuan] and several dozen acres of land from Falun Gong practitioners in Hongguang Farm. They sent more than 40 practitioners to forced labor camps and within two years, they destroyed many practitioners' families and forced many kind people to become homeless and endure huge suffering.
The Evil Actions of the Authorities in Hongguang Farm
Su Bo, male, works at Guan District Police Department in Qianguo County. In Songyuan City's liaison office in Beijing, he sexually abused female practitioners: Liu Shulan, Zhang Liying, Wang Xilan, and others when he gave them body searches. He forced them to strip down to their underwear. Zhang Liying was having her period and Su even attempted to touch her private parts. This conduct is extremely shameless and dirty. He also extorted a lot of money and kept it for himself.
Wang Guohui, the chairman of Guan District Police Department in Qianguo County, extorted 3,000 Yuan from practitioner Liang Fuguo, claiming it as a deposit.
Zhang Zhen from Hongguang Farm Police Station sexually abused female practitioner Qu Jinlan while he was conducting a body search in the city's liaison office in Beijing. He forced practitioners to take out all of the money that they had on them. If they refused, he would search them and take the practitioners last pennies. He regularly cuffed practitioners and refused to give them any food or water. Every time Zhang went to Beijing to pick up practitioners who had been arrested, he always extorted lots of personal belongings from them and forced practitioners, who hadn't eaten for several days, to carry the belongings for him. Practitioner Liu Yuliang from the seventh branch farm was severely harmed in this way. Zhang also extorted money from practitioners' families while the practitioners were illegally detained. Zhang Zhen often led the police from the county and the district police station to break into the practitioners' homes and illegally confiscated their money and properties.
Wang Chengshen, Wang Yubo, and Han Liguo from Hongguang Farm swore at Falun Dafa and practitioners. They also extorted money from Falun Dafa practitioners and kept it for themselves. In order to receive appreciation from their supervisors, they demanded that the Falun Gong practitioners were heavily punished.
The Facts of the Persecution in Hongguang Farm
1. Chu Guiren and Qu Jinlan (couple) are Falun Dafa practitioners from the fifth branch farm in Hongguang Farm. They went to Beijing to peacefully appeal for a stop to the persecution in 1999. In Songyuan City's liaison office in Beijing, Zhang Zhen and Li Guangming forcefully searched Chu and sexually abused his wife as they searched her body. They forced her to strip down to her underwear and took 1000 Yuan from her. On their way back home, the couple weren't given any food or water. They were illegally detained upon coming back and sent to a detention center where they were regularly brutally beaten. Later, they were illegally sent to a forced labor camp for one year, which meant that their two young children were left home alone. Moreover, they were illegally fined more than 9,600 Yuan and their land was illegally confiscated. When they asked for their money back, they only received insults from Zhang Zhen and this has caused them to fall into an extremely difficult situation without any income. However, without having any concern for their lives, some authorities still extorted more than 2,900 Yuan from them.
2. Liu Ying is a Falun Dafa practitioner from the first branch farm in Hongguang Farm. She went to Beijing to peacefully appeal for a stop to the persecution in 1999. In Songyuan City's liaison office in Beijing, Zhang Zhen ordered her to take out all of her money and then he illegally searched her. He took the only money that she had, 80 Yuan, and refused to give her any food. After they came back, they illegally detained her for 30 days and fined her 2,200 Yuan. After she was released, she asked the local authorities for her money but none of them could tell her what had happened with the money.
3. Practitioner Zhang Chunlin is a worker for the first branch farm in Hongguang Farm. In October 1999, Zhang was arrested and sent to the Liaison office of Songyuan City in Beijing. At this time, Su Bo and Tong Lijun told them to submit all of their money: 260 Yuan. The two perpetrators also extorted 20 Yuan to pay for the taxi. Then they took practitioner Zhang Chunlin to a room and ordered him to take off all his clothes, after which they grabbed the 600 Yuan that Zhang had been hiding in his underwear. Upon returning to Songyuan City, Zhang was illegally sentenced to a year in a forced labor camp. The perpetrators also dismissed Zhang from his party membership and his working position. By the end of 1999, Zhang was further extorted 2,200 Yuan as a "fine."4. Li Dongjun is a practitioner from the ninth branch farm in Hongguang Farm. Li went to Beijing to peacefully appeal in July 1999. Zhang Zhen picked him up in Changchun City. Whilst they were on their way back, he cuffed Li and asked for 2,000 Yuan from his family. On October 1, 1999, Li went to Beijing to appeal again. Zhang took him back, illegally extorted 2,000 Yuan from him, and detained him for 15 days. Later on, without any proper procedures, they illegally sentenced him to one year in a forced labor camp and extorted 2,300 Yuan from him. Two years later, they illegally added 963 Yuan to his fine.
5. Liu Yuming and his family are Falun Dafa practitioners from the seventh branch farm in Hongguang Farm. Liu was illegally fined 2,200 Yuan due to the fact that he practiced Falun Gong. They wanted to send him to a forced labor camp, but he was rejected because of his health condition. Despite this, they continued to detain him. His wife Zhang Liying was illegally fined a total of 4,663 Yuan and sent to a forced labor camp for 3 years. Their land was confiscated and their teenage child was forced to leave school. His brother Liu Yuliang was illegally fined 5,363 Yuan, sent to a forced labor camp for one year, and had 0.6 acres of land confiscated from him. His sister Liu Shuying was illegally fined 1,500 Yuan and mother Zhu Changying was illegally fined 1,000 Yuan.
6. Wei Senfang is a female practitioner from the Hongguang Farm in the Seventh Division. At 8 p.m. on July 24, 2000, Policemen Zhang Zhen and Lu Shusen led a group of people from the Guan District Police Division, who climbed over walls into Wei Senfang's home. Without showing any documentation, they ransacked her home, but they couldn't find anything they wanted. They tricked Wei into going to the Hongguang Guest House with them, where she was brutally beaten by the local Police Bureau Chief Xie and another man. Then she was illegally detained for 15 days, fined 200 Yuan and beaten numerous times.
7. Wen Jianzhong is a practitioner from the Hongguang Farm in the Seventh Division. On July 25, 2000, a group of people led by Zhang Zhen from the Guan District Police Division took Wen Jianzhong to the administration office of the Farm, where Wen was beaten for an hour by Xu Jie and Wang Guohui from the local police before being sent to the detention center for 30 days. While he was jailed, Zhang Zhen, directed by Xie, the Police Bureau Chief, forced his family to pay 4,000 Yuan to bail him out. Zhang even went with one of his subordinates to ransack Wen's home and demand the money. When Wen's wife, Liu Shulan, went to Beijing to make an appeal for Falun Dafa, she was body searched for money by Su Bo at the liaison office of the local government in Beijing. She was then detained for 15 days, 0.7 acre of her land was confiscated, and 2,300 Yuan was withheld. Soon afterwards, she was fined an additional 963 Yuan to cover the so-called expenses incurred. Their daughter, who was not yet 16 years old, was sent to a forced labor camp for a year and fined for 2,200 Yuan. The money that was paid to bail Wen out was never returned.
8. Shang Shijian and Liang Fuguo are practitioners from the Hongguang Farm in the Eighth Division. They were detained for 15 days and fined 200 Yuan by Guan District Police Division for handing out truth-clarifying materials on July 23, 2000. The police again demanded 3,000 Yuan for bail even after they were released. One year has passed since then, but the bail money is still in the police's hands.
9. Liu Fucai, a practitioner from the Hongguang Farm, was illegally detained for 30 days for practicing Falun Gong. During the time he was detained, Zhang Zhen, a local policeman, called his home three times a day to demand money and valuables until Liu's family paid 7,000 Yuan for his release.
10. Deng Fahong, female, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. At the local liaison office in Beijing, Zhang Zhen took the 200 Yuan and a watch that she had. When Deng's husband asked Zhang for the watch, he said that he had lost it. Zhang handcuffed Deng to a radiator, not allowing her to go to the washroom. When she was brought back from Beijing, she was sent to the local detention center and forced to write a letter renouncing Falun Gong. Even though Deng did it under tremendous pressure, against her conscience, she was not allowed to go home. Instead, she was sent to a forced labor camp, fined 2,200 Yuan, and 1 acre of her land was confiscated.
11. Zhang Chunxia, a female practitioner from the Hongguang Farm, went to Beijing to make an appeal for Falun Dafa. At the local liaison office in Beijing, Zhang Zhen took all the money she had with her, a total of 160 Yuan, includingchange. She was also detained after being sent back.
12. Wang Kunhua, a female practitioner from the Hongguang Farm, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. She was escorted back by Wang Zhimin and Liu Yukun who took 20 Yuan from her. After being brought back, she was sent to the detention center and was released only after she went on a hunger strike. After she was released, the police came to her home and tricked her into going to the detention center where she was made to pay 5,000 Yuan for bail. Later, Wang received an additional fine of 1,500 Yuan.
13. Li Yuying, a female practitioner from the Hongguang Farm, was detained for a month and a half for going to Beijing to make appeals for Falun Dafa, sent to a forced labor camp for a year, fined 1,500 Yuan, and 0.3 acre of her land was confiscated.
14. Hou Wenxiu is a female practitioner from the Hongguang Farm. The Guan District Police Bureau Chief Xie took 400 Yuan from her for going to Beijing. After being brought back, she was sent to a forced labor camp, fined 2,000 Yuan, and 2 acres of her land were confiscated.
15. Liu Yuanzhen, a female practitioner from the Hongguang Farm, was fined 1,000 Yuan, and 0.7 acre of her land was confiscated.
16. Zhang Chunyun, a female practitioner from the Hongguang Farm, was kidnapped. During the night of February 20, 2002, around 8 p.m., knowing that Zhang's husband and child were not home, Wang Zhimin, from the Farm administration, Li Guangmin, a policeman from the local fire department, and Yu and Zhang Baoqi, formerly policemen from the Guo County Police Station, stormed into Zhang Chunyun's home where she was reading on her bed. Without much ado, some tried to take Zhang out of the door forcibly while others ransacked her home. Zhang shouted with all her might, "Thugs have come!" which alerted her child who was playing in the neighbor's home. The child ran back, but was pushed aside by the perpetrators. They were afraid that the neighbors might come, so they quickly pushed Zhang Chunyun into the van, not giving her a chance to put her shoes on, and drove away, leaving the poor child behind.
These are only a few accounts of the persecution that we know some Falun Dafa practitioners are undergoing. Many more practitioners and their families have experienced brutal persecution.
To monitor the Falun Gong practitioners, the persecutors at the Hongguang Farm used lures such as monetary rewards and the promise of better jobs to get a group of people to track and watch practitioners. This clearly violates practitioners' rights and freedom and interferes with their lives. The perpetrators paid around 15 Yuan to hire people such as Ma Ming and Dou Maolin to watch and trail the practitioners and then report their activities to the perpetrators. Some of these are long-term neighbors, friends and coworkers of the practitioners. Their actions are despised by people around them and they will receive retribution for doing that.
Kind-hearted people, please help stop the persecution.
Phone Numbers of Some of the Perpetrators
Zhang Zhen 011-86-438-2522092 (Home)
Wang Zhimin 011-86-438-252011 (Home)
Li Guangming 011-86-438-2522094 (Home)