Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Jilin Province Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp Injects Falun Dafa Practitioners with Dangerous Drugs

February 25, 2002 |  


I came to know Wang Xiufen at a brainwashing class sponsored by Jilin City in October of 1999. She is a 30-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner and when I met her she had short hair and was healthy in both body and spirit. She was an English teacher at Jilin Zuojia Special Products School. She has a firm heart for Falun Dafa and has gone to Beijing many times to peacefully appeal for an end to the persecution of Falun Dafa.

I met her again in November 1999 while we were detained at the Jilin Third Detention Center and they later sent us to Changchun Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in the Fourth Section. She is a very firm and kind practitioner who practiced the five sets of Falun Gong exercises and spread the Fa [Law and principles of Falun Gong] while in jail. She used the money and materials that her husband had given her to help other people come to learn about the truth of Falun Dafa. She also clarified the truth about Falun Dafa many times to the head of her section. Because Wang performed her labor well, they let her stay in the Fourth Section. I was separated from her in December 1999.

When I saw her again, I was shocked to see that she was mentally disorientated. I couldn't describe the pain that I felt in my heart. Wang was locked in a solitary compartment in handcuffs all day; her eyes were dull and she was unable to recognize me when I called her name. (For a detailed description for this and other forms of torture used in forced labor camps, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html and http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/2/3/18368.html) I remember that she was locked up in this manner for more than half a month. I met her before she was being released and found that her mental status was still very poor. Just within several months, a healthy and active person was tortured until she reached such a state!

In the forced labor camp, the police controlled us strictly and wouldn't even allow practitioners in the same room to communicate with one another. I was detained in this labor camp for more than a year and while I was detained there, I witnessed the police beating a woman practitioner from the Second Section so badly that she became mentally disorientated and had to be sent home. Before sending practitioners home after they had been tortured to insanity, the police often locked them up for a while to make sure that they weren't just pretending. I also witnessed the police force feed practitioners who were on hunger strikes in order to peacefully appeal for an end to their persecution. I remember that they once sent a practitioner to the medical office to be examined. They tied her hands and feet to a bed, and while she was tied to the bed a female guard injected drugs into her body and another guard started to force feed her. There were also another three guards present who were beating her with electric batons. She eventually became terribly quiet.

I was released because, unable to relinquish some of my attachments and under extreme pressure, I promised to no longer practice Falun Gong. (The police tortured all of the new practitioners who had been sent to the forced labor camp by not allowing them to sleep for three days on end. If they still didn't submit, they would be viciously beaten with electric batons. If they still resisted, they would be put into solitary compartments until they finally submitted.) A month later, I realized that I was wrong to say that I would stop practicing Falun Gong and so I went to visit Wang Xiufen. She was very happy to see me and told me about what had happened to her.

In the forced labor camp, she and some other practitioners were tied to a "death bed" (The four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of an icy-cold metal bed. The practitioner cannot move at all. Neither is she allowed to get up to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom. This treatment will last from several hours up to more than a dozen days. This type of cruel torture causes severe damage to the practitioner both mentally and physically), for about a week. Upon seeing this, the fellow practitioners in the forced labor camp went on a hunger strike to peacefully appeal for their release. The head of the section and Guard Ho went to Wang's bed and asked her to tell the fellow practitioners that she wanted to be tied to the "death bed". Wang said, "How could I want to be tied to this bed? I only said that I will persist in practicing Falun Gong and you then tied me to this bed." Then, it seemed that they forcefully injected her with some drugs, which caused her to become unclear about what happened next. The forced labor camp used this kind of torture to make practitioners submit and tell the guards that they will stop practicing Falun Gong.

Wang Xiufen told me that the officials from her school refused to pick her up after learning about her mental status. Finally her family managed to bring her back from Changchun. Half a month after she came home, she was back to her normal self and her mental state had improved back to normal. However, knowing that she was already in debt, her school wouldn't allow her to go back to work. Wang makes her living from teaching, yet the officials from her school even interfered with this.

Recently, when I mentioned Wang's case to other practitioners. One of the practitioners said that she heard a doctor in the forced labor camp talking about injecting drugs into Wang and also into other people. This confirmed what I had heard about Wang's situation.