[Note: Chongqing City, also called "Double Happiness City," a hilly, walled metropolis, is one of China's oldest cities, located in China's most populated province of Sichuan. The city is famous for its Dazu grottos. Heavy and light industry produce a huge variety of goods, but also produce one of the worst air qualities in China, because of a combination of persistent fog and smog. That is where this notorious labor camp is located.]
The so-called Education Division (No. 1 Team in No. 7 Division) of Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City, Sichuan Province, was set up in November 2000, specifically for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. Policemen in this labor camp allowed the drug addict inmates to administer to Falun Dafa practitioners the government's so-called "helping and teaching," which was, in fact, policemen ordering and instigating these so called "helpers and teachers" to persecute practitioners. Dafa practitioners have completely lost their personal freedom in this camp. They were followed by their "helpers and teachers" while eating, sleeping and even using the toilet. The following are accounts of the persecution committed against Falun Gong practitioners:
Torture Methods File:
1. Leifeng Tower. It is a room used by enforcers from the "Strict Discipline Team" to torture the prisoners both physically and mentally in the most vicious way. This room is used even more for torturing Dafa practitioners. Inside Leifeng Tower it is so dark that one cannot even see his fingers. Its floor is covered with water over one inch deep. There is a stone bed inside (a slab of stones used for a sleeping platform), which is so wet that no one can sleep on it. Rats and snakes are the frequent visitors of this place. Since some people died there before, this place is often haunted. The labor camp inmates are very afraid of staying inside Leifeng Tower. Anyone who comes out from there after confinement would look mentally distraught. Dafa practitioner Mr. Han Yiming was confined there for 7 days. Mr. Kang Hong was handcuffed to a fixture inside for three days and three nights; he was not allowed even to use the toilet, so he had to pass urine and have bowel movement inside his pants. Three days later, when other practitioners took him out of there he was at the verge of death and his hands and feet were festering.
2. Tying with a rope. This is another ruthless torture method use by the "Strict Discipline Team." During torture called "tying with a rope," both arms of the victim would become severely torn and lacerated. The ropes cut into the flesh. In the least severe situation, this torture makes the victim's hands cold and numb for several months, while in the severest cases it would make the victims permanently disabled. Dafa practitioners, the gentlemen named Kang Hong, Li Xiangdong, Han Yiming, Zhou Jian, Chen Jian, Li Chunyuan and Meng Xuetao all have been tortured in this brutal way. Among them, Mr. Li Xiangdong and Mr. Kang Hong were twice "tied with ropes."
In November 2001, a few people from the Central Government Propaganda Bureau came to the labor camp and tried to secretly find some people they could use for their purpose. The policemen tricked the practitioners into a classroom where the Propaganda Bureau people secretly took several photos of the practitioners in order to use these photos to deceive people and cover up the facts of their persecution against Falun Gong practitioners. In the labor camp, Dafa practitioners' voices cannot be heard whatsoever. In addition, they were deprived of their rights of seeing visiting relatives and sending and receiving letters.
The following are some of the retributions that the ruffians in the Xishanping Force Labor Camp have received:
1. Chu Ming, a drug addict, over 30 years old, mercilessly beat Dafa practitioners and slandered Dafa many times. After he was released from the labor camp in 2001, he died of a lung cancer.
2. Lu Shan, a drug addict, 28 years old, mercilessly beat Dafa practitioners and slandered Dafa many times. In the fall of 2001, one week later after he was transferred from the Education Team to an outside work site, someone killed him.
3. Lao Can, an associate team leader, slandered Dafa many times. In October 2000, he died as a result of a traffic accident.
4. Tian Xin, education section chief, had repetitively plotted and participated in the persecution against the practitioners. On May 13, 2001, when he was brutally beating Dafa practitioner Mr. Tan Hongyi who had been on a hunger strike, a vein in Tian's right palm suddenly broke and the blood came out and splashed everywhere.
5. Li Qiwei, a policeman in the Education Division, often read articles from newspapers or magazines that slandered Dafa. He also often viciously beat Dafa practitioners. In August 2001, a polyp appeared inside his throat and he could hardly speak. However, this ruffian still does not wake up from the retribution and continues committing evildoings.
In fact, some "helpers and teachers" no longer wanted to persecute Falun Gong practitioners who do not fight back when beaten or insulted. Some of them said, "I do have no other choice. As long as the Chinese ruling dictator is in power, he will use us to make your daily lives miserable." The family members of one of the "helpers and teachers" came to visit and said to the inmate, "You should not beat those Falun Gong practitioners. Actually, we are more than hoping that you learn from them and give up your habit of drug addiction."
Following is a list of names of the vicious policemen and their particular deeds in their merciless persecution of Dafa practitioners:
1. Tian Xin, the chief of the education section, is very sinister and ruthless and has plotted and many times participated in the persecution against Falun Gong practitioners.
2. Chen Zebing, the former Education Division political instructor, was promoted and transferred to the labor camp headquarters in December 2001 for his "contributions" in persecuting Dafa practitioners. This person is especially ruthless when torturing Dafa practitioners. After drinking liquor, he often gets wild in beating Dafa practitioners and cursing Dafa.
3. Li Yong is especially active in mentally torturing Dafa practitioners.
4. Gao Ding is the one who is most active in persecuting Dafa practitioners. When Mr. Li Zetao was tortured to death, Gao viciously said, "He deserves it." It was his idea to tie Mr. Liu Mao to a cross. He even threatened 17 year-old Dafa practitioner, young Mr. Mei Liang, "If you do not transform(give up Dafa) you will be in pain every day and you will be the most painful person in the world."
5. Li Qiwei has ruthlessly tortured Dafa practitioners both physically and mentally many times. He also slandered and cursed Dafa.
6. Zhou Benzong instructed the "helpers and teachers" to be ruthless when beating Dafa practitioners.
7. Chen Jianping, a medical doctor in the labor camp, has repeatedly participated in force-feeding Dafa practitioners. He mixed spoiled soybean milk powder into the liquid food to be used for force-feeding. After force-feeding, many Dafa practitioners developed diarrhea. He also violently inserted the force-feeding tubes into the practitioners' noses and throats, which resulted in bleeding from the nose and injuries to the esophagus of many force-fed practitioners. The force-feeding scenes were so horrible that people dared not to watch.
In the middle December 2001, the Education Division called in some policemen from other teams and began a new round of persecution against Dafa practitioners. Mr. Wang Zhenrong was first confined in a small solitary cell and then transferred to the Strict Discipline Team. The gentlemn Lin Decai, Zhang Jianfeng, Zhang Hongxu, Chen Jianhua and other practitioners were often brutally beaten when they tried to protect Dafa.
Here we appeal to all the kindhearted people in the world, the human rights organizations in every country and the legal professions: Please pay attention to the sufferings of Dafa practitioners in Chongqing City's Xishanping Force Labor Camp. At the same time, we hope Dafa practitioners from all over the world will send forth their righteous thoughts to completely eliminate the evil factors behind the persecution against Dafa practitioners in the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp.
Following are listed some of the many other reports one can read on the web about crimes committed by enforcers at Chongqing City's Xishanping Forced Labor Camp:
Xishanping Forced Labor Camp at Chongqing City, Sichuan Province Cruelly Tortures and Kills Falun Dafa Practitioners (http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/2/13/18694.html)
Bloody Violence at the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City (http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/5/17448.html)
Unlawfully Detained Dafa Practitioners Resist Evil Persecution at Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City, Sichuan Province
Chongqing Falun Dafa Practitioners Remain Steadfast after encountering All Kinds of Tribulations