Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Authorities Brutally Torture Dafa Practitioners

November 26, 2002 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) There are a total of nine small cells on the fourth floor in a building at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Each of these cells holds a practitioner to be brutally tortured. The practitioners are forced to sit on tiny metal stools, called "tiger benches" by the guards, for extended periods of time. Their arms, leg and feet are tied to chairs. Some practitioners have been forced to sit there for two weeks, some for one month, and some for even longer. The practitioners were only allowed to use the bathroom twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening. The guards don't allow the practitioners to change clothes, to brush their teeth or to wash their hair. The practitioners could only wash their face when using the toilet in the morning. Some female practitioners had to deal with menstruation without sanitary napkins. The weather was very cold at that time of year in Shenyang City. When practitioners went to use the toilet, they had difficulty walking due to their frozen feet and swollen bodies that were caused by the physical abuse. They were not allowed to get help from others. The guards used these despicable means to try to force the practitioners to give in to their demands and abandon their faith. However, they haven't been able to sway the will of the practitioners at all.

These terrible measures in torturing Dafa practitioners kept escalating in Masanjia. On Saturdays and Sundays, the practitioners are forced to work from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. On weekdays they are forced to attend so-called classes in the morning and then forced to work from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The practitioners would be forced to work even longer and not allowed to sleep if the work was not completed. The raw materials that they worked on had an odd smell and many people were allergic to it. The newly kidnapped practitioners were brainwashed by two to three people each. Some practitioners resisted the evil's demands by refusing to do the work. The forced labor camp personnel not only punished them physically but also increased their prison terms by the number of days that they didn't work. For nearly half a year, the practitioners who refused to work were not given any soup or gruel, and had only steamed buns for three meals everyday. Some steamed buns were reheated many times and became black. Sometimes, they were given pickles to eat along with the buns and sometimes not. Other people were not allowed to give them food.

On August 22, 2002, Masanjia held a meeting to "restore order" to the forced labor camp, intending to illegally sentence three steadfast Dafa practitioners to the Dabei prison in Shenyang. With their righteous thoughts, the practitioners turned this into a forum for Fa-rectification. Since then the camp officials never had the courage to sentence Dafa practitioners openly again. Instead, they secretly send steadfast Dafa practitioners to Dabei prison. Some practitioners were sent to prison after they had been in Masanjia for just over two months.

On August 22, the armed police took all the Dafa practitioners to an open area and surrounded them. Some police held handcuffs in their hands. The atmosphere was very tense. The head of the camp Su Jing read the "judgment" against the three practitioners as they were brought one by one into the meeting. The practitioners kept calling out loudly, "Falun Dafa is good!" "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa!" "We are righteous Dafa practitioners, not criminals!" "Practicing 'Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance' and being good people is not a crime!" Their powerful voices resonated in the skies and displayed the practitioners' resolve. When the three practitioners reached the podium, they showed no fear and only righteousness. They kept calling out, "Falun Dafa is Good!" all the way until they got in the police vehicle. Other practitioners stood up continuously and called out, "Falun Dafa is Good!" As one sat down, another rose. The shouts didn't stop. The head of the camp, the team leaders and the police were very nervous. They kept leading others to sing in order to cover up the the shouting. As soon as someone called out, the police rushed into the crowd and arrested the practitioner.

The Dafa practitioners, however, were not frightened. As soon as one was arrested, another stood up, and they continued until the end of the meeting. When the deputy director of the labor camp spoke to conclude the meeting, the practitioners were still calling out, "Falun Dafa is good!" The deputy director had to stop his speech without finishing it.

After the meeting, the camp officials were furious and escalated the persecution. There were nearly fifty practitioners from seventeen sub teams out of total eighteen sub teams who were calling out "Dafa is Good!" in the meeting. Their sentences were increased by as much as six months or even longer.

On October 17, Masanjia's supervisors invited people from the Shenyang Culture Bureau to play a movie defaming Dafa. As soon as the director announced the news at a meeting, the practitioners called out, "Falun Dafa is good!" and "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa!" Then many practitioners stood up and started to leave. Some police and collaborators [Former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] rushed in and tried to cover the mouths of the practitioners. Some used tape to seal the practitioners' mouths. It was chaotic scene, and the director totally lost control of himself. He jumped on the stage and shouted, "Today, whoever calls out will have their terms increased! Increase their terms! Just wait and see!" The practitioners were unfazed and ignored him. They had to turn on the lights during the movie, and this scene continued throughout the movie.

Recently, guards carried some practitioners who refused to do the drills outside. Some of these practitioners had their mouths sealed with tape, all the way to their ears. The police ordered the collaborators to beat and kick the practitioners who refused to do the drill, and some even pulled the hair of these practitioners. Some of the practitioners were forced to walk in the drill team with their arms cuffed behind their backs.

If any Dafa practitioner refused to wear a name-tag, the forced labor camp guards would not allow this practitioner to eat. Later, when they saw that these Dafa practitioners didn't yield, they would get four people to forcibly drag the practitioner outside. The police in the forced labor camp handcuffed practitioner Ms. Luu Chuanxiang, who refused to wear prison clothes, to the heating pipe for thirty-three days, sometimes with hands in the front and sometimes in the back. When she was released, signs of injury could be seen all over her arms.

November 15, 2002