Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Bloody Violence at the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City

January 05, 2002 |  


The Xishanping Forced Labor Camp is located in the Beipei District of Chongqing City, Sichuan Province. Many Falun Gong practitioners illegally imprisoned in the labor camp have been killed by extended periods of inhuman torture. Jiang Zemin and his associates have reached the peak of their fanatical assault on Falun Gong practitioners.

This year, on May 30, Li Zetao, a Dafa practitioner, was brutally tortured and forced off the top of a tall building. He died shortly afterwards.

Since November 2000, the labor camp authorities have set up something called the "Seventh Re-education Team" to deal with Falun Gong practitioners. Over one hundred prisoners--all convicted drug offenders--were sent to watch the practitioners on a one-to-one basis.

"You are representing the government and helping us to control Falun Gong practitioners," said police officer Tian Xiaohai, who started instructing the prisoners to carry out their duties "with honor."

Part of the "re-education" scheme involves making the practitioners run around the forced labor camp every morning and read slanderous literature in the afternoon. Any practitioner who defends Falun Gong or speaks out is punished and beaten. The first person to speak out is thus labeled as a "trouble maker." "Trouble makers" are sent to the duty officers' room and handcuffed to a window bar for two days; then, they are dumped into solitary confinement for anywhere between twenty days and a month. Practitioners Zhang Yongjun, Chen Jianhua, Li Hongfu, and Wang Changde were all treated this way.

To further persecute Falun Gong practitioners, the re-education team set up a disciplinary unit, consisting of seven drug offenders, with Jiang Wei as the leader. The main task of the unit is to execute disciplinary action on Falun Gong practitioners. The "trouble makers" are punished by being forced to stand the whole day, sometimes until 2 a.m. Except for mealtimes, when practitioners receive tiny amounts of food, they are beaten constantly.

For example, Zhang Yongjun and Li Hongfu were severely beaten when they tried to explain the inaccuracies of the literature they were forced to read. Later on, they were handcuffed to the bars on the window of the duty officer's room for two days. After that, they were sent to the disciplinary room for further punishment. Even the team leader of the "re-education" team helped to beat Li Hongfu. Li Hongfu was injured so severely that he could not eat and constantly vomited blood. Seeing that he might die at any moment, the police took him away from the hands of the disciplinary unit. It took him two months to recover. Li is still being imprisoned at the Xishanping Labor Camp.

Once, Wu Qun yelled out, "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa." As a result, he was immediately sent to the disciplinary unit, where he was beaten by Jiang Wei and several others. As a result, two of his ribs were broken. He is emaciated and can hardly walk.

When Cao Xuelu saw the police officers beating his fellow practitioners, he yelled at them to stop. Because of this, he was immediately singled out and beaten until he passed out in front of over hundred camp personnel and other practitioners. Later, Cao was hospitalized for a month.

When Gu Liangjun objected to the false accusations in the anti-Falun Gong literature, he was immediately sent to the disciplinary unit and handcuffed to a window there. Then, his mouth was gagged with a dirty sock and he was beaten by Jiang Wei and his team members.

Because Cao Xuetao persisted in practicing Falun Gong, his left hand was hit with a hammer so badly that even now, he can hardly hold a cup. On top of that, while he was in the hospital, he was given an injection by an irresponsible doctor who damaged his spinal cord, causing his body to be partially paralyzed. However, his disability did not spare him from further mistreatment. The guards made him stand in the blazing sun in the morning, together with three other Dafa practitioners, Tang Deliang, Zhang Yongjun, and Mou Lunhui.

During May of this year, Li Zetao and Zhang Peisheng were transferred from the seventh re-education team to the Xishanpeng Labor Camp agricultural team, where they were separately imprisoned on the third floor. In order to make the two practitioners give up Falun Gong, the convicts put them through a series of tortures, following the instructions given to them by guards Tian Xiaohai, Gao Ding and Li Yong. On May 30, a camp officer once again beat Li Zetao with a bamboo stick and a hoe handle. During the beating, Li jumped off a three-story building. Li died shortly after he was rushed to the hospital. After his death, the labor camp tried to block the news from leaking out. However, a month later, some practitioners at the labor camp discovered the cause of his death and tried to appeal to the higher authorities for justice. However, they were not even given a pen or paper to write with. Later, Zhang Yongjun and Lin Decai tried to send their appeal via visiting inspectors many times, but nothing more was ever heard.

On June 23, 2001, police officers Gao Ding and Li Yong separated Mei Liang, Liu Minghua, Liu Xiangtai, Yuan Yugang and Wu Deqiang into different dormitories. The dormitory leader's duty was to make his captives give up Falun Gong within a few days using any form of torture he wished, as long as the practitioners were not killed. In each room, two pieces of bamboo slabs, 4 cm x 2 cm x 15 cm, were provided for torture. To encourage the use of violence, the labor camp promised a sentence reduction of 5 days if the convicts could make the practitioner give up Falun Gong.

Practitioner Liu Xiangtai was imprisoned in dormitory 6 under the supervision of Xu Chuang. Every day, Xu Chuang directed six convicts to torture Liu. Their daily routine of torture consisted of elbowing the practitioner's back about seventy to eighty times. Then, with a bamboo slab, they would beat his buttocks until his skin split open. To finish, they would slap his face or kick his rib cage. Then when they got tired, they forced Liu to bend his body and touch his toes, and he was also not allowed to sleep at night. In the first two days, the punishment was so unbearable that Liu screamed for help. To keep him quiet, Xu Chuang tied a strap around Liu's neck and gagged his mouth. Then, the six of them continued to take turns beating him.

Similar brutal tortures were applied to Wu Deqiang, who managed to last four days. Wu's spine, however, was dislocated from the torture and he can hardly walk now.

As for Yuan Yugang, he was badly beaten for two days. On the third day, he tried to hide but slipped off the second floor, fracturing his skull. He was given sixteen stitches and remained unconscious for three days. After two months in a hospital, he finally recovered. He is still suffering from pain in his head.

The above information outlines what is happening at the Xishanping Labor Camp in the Beipei district of Chongqing City, Sichuan Province.

The Camp Postal number is 400185.