Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Latest News from China - 01/16/2002

January 22, 2002 |  



[Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner He Yuanchao and Other Practitioners that have been Kidnapped Need Urgent Rescue

Late at night on December 21, 2001, eleven practitioners from Chengdu City were secretly arrested in five different places. Practitioner He Yuanchao fell from the third floor of a building when he was arrested. He suffered multiple fractures and was severely injured. Now he is receiving medical treatment and being monitored by policemen in Chengdu City's No.416 Hospital. Because He Yuanchao has been on a hunger strike for 25 days to protest the vicious persecution, his life is in extreme danger. To all Dafa practitioners around the world: please give urgent help.

He Yuanchao is in the No.37 ward, 7th floor of the In-patient Building, Chengdu City's No. 416 Hospital

Doctors in charge of the case: Doctor Huang and Fan

Orthopaedic Surgery Department: 011-86-28-2991292

Hospital Tel.: 011-86-28-3333075

According to related news, six of the eleven practitioners were secretly detained in Pujiang County's Detention Center of Chengdu City. They are Jiang Yunhong, Mr. Chen, Mr. Yin, Zhu Li (female), and two other practitioners whose names are unknown. Jiang Yunhong had been on a hunger strike and also refused to drink any water. He was very weak. He was taken in and out of his cell several times. On January 11, 2002, he was again taken out but never returned. The other three practitioners on hunger strike were transferred to some other places for detention. Their situations are unclear.

[China] A True Story

Recently, local police crazily arrested practitioners who made and distributed Dafa truth-clarifying literature. Three practitioners in our Dafa truth-clarifying material group were detained. One of them was very determined and did not say a word even though the abusive policemen beat her to the point of unconsciousness. Because she worried about the only remaining practitioner who was making the truth-clarifying materials, her main spirit flew back to the place where they made the materials after she was beaten unconscious. After she saw the practitioner copying truth-clarifying materials, her spirit happily came back to her body. After she woke up, she asked a practitioner who would be released to tell the practitioner who was making truth-clarifying materials, "Ask her to keep on. I will come back to help her."

When I heard the story, I was very touched. Many practitioners are saving people, and safeguarding the truth and Dafa with their lives.

[Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Celebrate the Spring Festival

During the last Spring Festival, many determined Falun Gong practitioners were detained in a brainwashing class in Xiaobali Village, Fengrun County of Tangshan City. The wardens bought many firecrackers to prepare for the Spring Festival. Practitioners planned to celebrate the Spring Festival in their own way. So they took a red silk bedcover and made a banner from it. They embroidered "Falun Dafa is Good" on it with yellow thread. On New Year's Day [in the Chinese lunar calendar], the wardens ordered practitioners to clean the floor. After the practitioners finished, they posted the brilliant banner onto a police car. All practitioners solemnly stood on both sides of the banner. When the director came out and saw the banner, he was first stunned and then said, "Wonderful!" He continued, "Who did it?" Then he answered to himself, "It must be someone from the outside that brought it in." Practitioners cheerfully told him, "We made it." Then the wardens all came up to grab the banner. Practitioners tried their best to protect the banner, and held out for about half an hour. Eventually the banner was forcibly taken away. But the wardens did not punish the practitioners for that. Practitioners celebrated their New Year's Day in their own way.

[China] A Teacher with a Sense of Justice

One morning, a student saw a Dafa banner, clarifying the truth and saving people, on the way to school. He took it down and turned it in to his school. The teacher in charge of the class happened to see this. In class, he seriously told his students that no one should do this again because it is a bad deed. This teacher was able to discern good from evil and saved his deceived students.

[Tianjin] Police Illegally Detain a College Student from the Construction and Engineering School of Tianjin University

In the middle of November 2001, Gao Jian, a student enrolled in the Construction and Engineering School of Tianjin University in 1998, picked up a Dafa truth-clarifying flyer and then went to make copies from it. Unfortunately he was reported. Police from Tianjin's Nankai Police Station illegally detained Gao Jian for over a month and then put him into two years of forced labor. The leaders of Tianjin University refused to meet with Gao Jian's parents and complied with the persecution of the student.

[Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Crime Records of Policemen in Local Police Department

  1. Forced Confession by Torture
    1. In October 2001, policemen from Anshun Street Police Station detained 54-year-old female practitioner Jiang Yuan. They beat her up and then put her into No.2 Detention Center. During the interrogation, two policemen took turns beating her so badly that she had bruises all over her body. There were multiple blood clots on her head, and her mouth bled. She looked terrible. She could not move in her bed or have a meal. After practitioners' strong appeal, the police station sent Jiang Yuan to a hospital for a check-up without notifying her family. Afterwards, they said she was all right. However, two days later she was transferred to somewhere else and her situation is unknown.
    2. From July to September 2001, policemen from Qiqihar City's Tiefeng Vice Squad and Xingongdi Police Station detained many practitioners. They tortured and beat practitioners for two days and did not give them any food. Two practitioners' arms were handcuffed behind their backs and then they were hung up. The handcuffs cut through the skin to the bone and left 4cm long bleeding wounds on their wrists. The practitioners' forearms were bruised from being beaten. As a result, they could not raise their arms.
  2. Extorting Money
  3. When Xing Huimin from Xingongdi Police Station transferred practitioner Cui Duofan to No.2 Detention Center, he took all of the practitioner's money. Other practitioners also met with a similar fate. Policemen arrested practitioners for no apparent reason. They extorted 1,000 to 3,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is average monthly income in urban area of China] from the practitioners' families using all kinds of excuses. However, they never provided any receipts. The Tiefeng Police Department ordered Xingongdi Police Station to extort 10,000 Yuan from practitioners' families.

  4. Overdue Detention

Police will not close the cases for those practitioners who have been detained since September 2001. According to the law, the detention could not exceed 37 days.

The policemen brazenly detain practitioners past their detention terms. They made a fortune by ransacking practitioners' family members' belongings. If a practitioner's family turns in the money, the practitioner will be released. Those who do not have money will be detained for an extended period of time. Personnel of the "610 Office" [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] also took this opportunity to make money. Even some people who do not practice Falun Gong were detained. The policemen disregard the law and detain innocent people at will. They do not admit that they are wrong even when they arrest the wrong person. On the contrary, they always try to extort the wealth from the family members of those they arrest.

[Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Police Officers Crazily Arrest Practitioners

Recently, policemen from Hebei Province came to Tangshan City to begin a campaign of arresting practitioners who had made and delivered Dafa truth-clarifying literature. The policemen made use of those people who went on an evil path [former practitioners who have renounced Dafa after being successfully brainwashed] to trap practitioners. They also sent out secret agents masquerading as practitioners to entrap practitioners. They tried all kinds of despicable means, such as tapping the telephones and paging the practitioners. They tried to stop us from exposing the evil and clarifying the truth.

[Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Dalian Detention Center Authorities Illegally Detain Practitioners After their Detention Terms Have Expired

Many practitioners were illegally detained at the Dalian Detention Center after their detention terms had expired. Around the Spring Festival, enforcers from the "610 Office" of this city colluded with all functionary departments to plot illegal trials for a group of practitioners.[The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems].

[Northeast China] Righteous Thoughts Bring Out Divine Powers

The environment at a certain forced labor camp in Northeast China was extremely bad, and a group of practitioners with firm belief in Dafa were unlawfully imprisoned there. They suffered all kinds of tortures, but never gave up. No matter what kind of excruciating methods the policemen used, the practitioners always held righteous thoughts. The police authorities blocked all information channels and planned to isolate the practitioners from the outside. With Master's help, however, two practitioners' divine powers appeared. The practitioners could see every new article of Master's in their minds. All the evil's plots failed. This also has validated that the practitioners are indestructible.

[Baise City, Guangxi Province] Police Personnel Kidnap Another Five Practitioners

On January 8, 2001, informers from the Food Market Security Division reported to the authorities five practitioners who were clarifying the truth to their fellow citizens in Baise City, Guangxi Province. The practitioners are: Huang, Aunty Yang, Aunty Liang, Aunty Liang and Sis Liang. [The term "Aunty" denotes a favorite, kind elderly neighborhood woman who is not a relative of the people around her. "Sis" is the name for another respected, younger neighborhood woman, also not a relative of those around her]. Then people from the Xinxing Police Department, Baise City called out all the policemen to kidnap these five practitioners.

Now all five practitioners are illegally detained at the Baise Detention Center.

The responsible unit:

Xinxing Police Department of Baise City Police Department, Guangxi Province

Head Officer: Lin Jiangjian

Instructor: Tan Haifeng

Phone number: 011-86-776-2824359

[China] My Persecution Experience

I'm a female practitioner. Since 1999, I appealed twice for Dafa in Beijing. I was arrested and held at a detention center located at the west side of Beijing, where I was locked up in solitary confinement for seven days. Afterwards I was sent back to the local detention center. The other four practitioners and I were stripped of all our clothes and forced to kneel down on the icy ground, with both of our arms tied up straight. Then the policeman used wooden sticks to lash our bodies. Furthermore, they locked us in the dirtiest cell in the male prison. They lashed us whenever they found us reciting Master's articles. We have never given up because we firmly believe in Dafa . After one month of incarceration at the detention center, I was sentenced to one year of forced labor and transferred to another detention center, all without due process of law. After more than four months, I was transferred to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp of Hunan Province. I continued practicing Dafa daily in that forced labor camp. Once when they found me practicing, the police guards hung me on the bed rail for more than two hours. The "cadres" dragged me to do their exercises, but I didn't obey them. Instead, I sat on the ground to meditate. They had to let go of me.

During this one year, after I went to Beijing to appeal and was imprisoned at a forced labor camp, I suffered from tortures and my family had to pay a lot of money. My husband was suspended from his job for about seven days and forced to hand in 1,000 Yuan for "collecting and escorting fees," a ploy. Having no choice, my husband had to borrow money. Furthermore, they forced my husband to collect "escorting expenses" from the practitioners who went to Beijing to appeal with me. Otherwise they would fine my family another 20,000 to 30,000 Yuan. Some practitioners were forced to forfeit their grain harvest or their furniture. Some practitioners had almost nothing to be mortgaged. [The approximate monthly income in urban China is 500 Yuan per month, but often less].

[Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution Situation of Dafa Practitioners (Continued.)

On June 29, 2000, Fan Xuwen from Yongjiu Village, Nongfeng Town of Shuangcheng City, went to Beijing to peacefully appeal for Falun Gong. Policemen at Tiananmen Square severely beat him. After he was escorted back to Shuangcheng Detention Center, criminal prisoners beat him for more than two hours. Mr. Fan was illegally detained for 26 days. Detention center authorities extorted 200 Yuan [the average monthly income in urban China is 500 Yuan] from him for "meal fees." People from the Town and Village government extorted another 1,500 Yuan from him after he was released. The people responsible for extorting the money were Town Leader Qin Jialong, the Village Secretary and Village, Head Qiao Shuqing.

On August 26, 2001, Mr. Fan went to Xingcheng Village where policemen conducted a forced body search and arrested him. Because Mr. Fan was not willing to go with them, the policemen beat him with their fists and kicked him and also used electric batons to shock him, all the while cursing and threatening that they would beat him to death. Mr. Fan was detained at the police station for 24 hours and was then sent to the Shuangcheng Detention Center for 16 days of illegal detention. The center authorities extorted 120 Yuan from him for "meal fees." Xingcheng Village Secretary Wang Xintong extorted 500 Yuan, and Nongfeng Police Station Director Zhao Shibo extorted 1,000 Yuan from him.

The chief people responsible for persecuting practitioners in Shuangcheng City are:

Shuangcheng City's Secretary: Zhu Qingwen, work phone: 011-86-451-3139088, cell phone: 011-86-1350376660, home phone: 011-86-451-7988898.

Shuangcheng Mayor: Li Xueliang, work phone: 011-86-451-3110979, cell phone: 011-86-13903662820, home phone: 011-86-451-3127673.

Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary: Wang Shuqing, work phone: 011-86-451-3130005, cell phone: 011-86-13074577899, home phone: 011-86-451-5236994.

Police Department Deputy Director: Zhang Guofu, work phone: 011-86-451-3115596, home phone: 011-86-451-3115578.

Zhang Shiyue, home phone: 011-86-451-3134785, pager: 011-86-1272338625.

Propaganda Division Deputy Director and Head of the "610 Office": Jiang Hongwei, work phone: 011-86-451-3124826, home phone: 011-86-451-3136789.

[The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]


[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Kidnapping of Dafa Practitioner Luo Yanfen

On December 3, 2001, police enforcers from the Zhentou Police Station in Qiaoxi District of Shijiazhuang City kidnapped an over 50-year-old female practitioner by the name of Luo Yanfen. She is now illegally detained at Shijiazhuang's No. 1 Detention Center. Before the kidnapping, Mrs. Luo had been forced into homelessness to avoid the persecution.

Zhentou Police Station Director Yang Shengli; work phone: 011-86-311-3028357

[Chongqing City, Sichuan Province] Policemen Recklessly Damage the Peace During the "Asian Peace Summit Conference"

Recently, during the "Asian Peace Summit Conference" held in Chongqing, that city's police officers took the opportunity to recklessly arrest Dafa practitioners. As was reported by the "Chongqing Evening Newspaper," Chongqing police authorities increased their forces to 3,000 policemen to patrol the streets, and hundreds of plain-clothes policemen to do inspections. Police cars could be seen at all major intersections. The whole city was filled with terror. By now, many practitioners have been arrested and many homes have been searched. Even the middle school students were not spared.

[Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners are Illegally Put on Trial

On the morning of January 15, 2002, Wuchang District Court authorities commenced an unlawful trial for practitioners Zhou Xiaojun and several others. These practitioners have been illegally detained for more than a year.

[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Torture of Dafa Practitioners

Before the New Year's Day of 2002, Dafa practitioners Jin Chenglong and Zhang Yan were making Dafa truth-clarifying materials. Policemen from the Xiangfang Police Station in Harbin City followed and arrested them. They are now detained at Harbin's Xiangfang Police Station. In order to extort his confession, Mr. Jin Chenglong has suffered the severest tortures. We hope practitioners at home and abroad who see this message will send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil factors that are persecuting Jin Chenglong and Zhang Yan, and use righteous thoughts to empower them to get out of the police station.

Harbin's Xiangfang Police Station phone number: 011-86-451-5662516.

[Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhang Yarong and Her Husband Arrested; Their Home Illegally Searched

Around 8:00 p.m. on December 28, 2001, five police officers blocked Zhang Yarong at the door of her apartment building as she was seeing off a guest. The guest was forced back into Zhang Yarong's home and his/her bag was searched. Some Dafa truth-clarifying flyers were found in the bag. Then these officers searched the entire home, arrested Zhang and her husband and took them to the Lingan Police Station in Jinzhou City. The couple was illegally detained and questioned under torture. They were held at the Second Detention Center in Jinzhou for unknown reasons. Zhang's relatives requested to have the couple released without admitting guilt. Zhang's 10-year-old daughter is left at home. No one is taking care of her. At the time of the arrest, their daughter cried hard and asked the policemen, "What are you doing? It's only been several days since my parents were just released! You are taking them away again! What am I supposed to do?" The policemen ignored her and took away her parents. Zhang Yarong has been on a hunger strike for 5 days in order to be released.

Criminal persons responsible for these actions:

Lingan Police Station Director: Gao Xiaoping, 40 years old;

Jia Wenxiang, 40 years old; was also in the group of people who arrested the couple and searched Zhang Yarong's home.

Notes: The plain-clothes officers were asked to show their search warrant. They refused and claimed they, themselves, were the "search warrant." They also slapped the guest's face and removed a video camera, 1,400 Yuan in cash and other private property.

[Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest Report of Several Dafa Practitioners

Xu Jingang, male, 35 years old, is a former worker in the Daqing City Carpet Factory. On the morning of December 29, 2001, three policemen from the Dongguang Police Station headed by Yu Haibo arrested Mr. Xu while he was distributing Dafa truth-clarifying literature and posting flyers. The ruffians also searched his home and confiscated some Dafa truth-clarifying literature. He is now held at the Longfeng Detention Center.

A plain-clothes police officer from the Zhanqian Police Station arrested He Biao on the eve of the New Year's Day as Mr. He clarified the truth about Falun Dafa and the persecution to passengers on the bus. He told the passengers that Falun Dafa is warmly welcomed by people from countries all over the world. He is now being held at the Longfeng Detention Center in Daqing City.

Zhao Yumei, who went to validate Dafa in Beijing before the New Year's Day, is now being illegally held at Daqing City's Detention Center.

Liu Yanhua, who went to Beijing to validate Dafa in November 2001, is now being illegally held at Daqing City's Detention Center and has been sentenced to 2 years of forced labor.

[Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Partial Accounts of Practitioners being Illegally Held, Tortured and Extorted for Money

Wang Zhehao, male, 25 years old, is an employee at the Dalian Chemical Design Institute. On July 22, 1999 he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and after being arrested was detained at the Dalian Detention Center for nearly a month. After he went back to work in August, he was again arrested, this time from his work place and detained for 25 days because dictator Jiang went to Dalian City on an inspection tour. In October 2001, while watching TV at home, police officers from the Wangyi Police Station arrested and detained him for 15 days with the trumped-up charge of "disturbing the social order." Afterwards he was sent to a brainwashing class for more than 2 months. As he refused to be brainwashed, he was sentenced to one year of forced labor. Moreover, they extorted 10,000 Yuan from him. In April 2001, he was again arrested for browsing the Internet. None of his family members knew about this and they have not been allowed to see him. Nobody in his family knows about his current situation. Policeman Chen Xin from Section No 3 of the First Division from Dalian City's Police Department confiscated a computer, a printer, a mobile phone, a bank passbook showing a deposit of 20,000 Yuan and a box of Dafa books from his home. It's said Wang Zhehao was secretly sent to a certain forced labor camp in Liaoning Province.

[Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] Partial Account of Practitioners being Illegally Held, Tortured and Extorted for Money

Tang Lijuan, female, 51 years old, is an employee and teaching assistant at the Philosophy Research Office of Suihua City's Party School. On October 12, 1999 she went back to Dalian City for a vacation. At 8 or 9 p.m., while she was watching TV at home, personnel from the Wangyi Police Station arrested her. After being held at the police station for two days, she was sentenced to a 15-day detention term, on the trumped-up charge of "disturbing the social order." After she had been released from the detention center, Wangyi Police Station enforcers again held her for nearly a week. The perpetrator was Wang Jing.

On November 6, 1999, people from her work unit went to Dalian to fetch her back. She had to pay more than 5,300 Yuan for "transportation costs." Since July 1999 she has been deprived of her job as teacher. She is now living an uncertain life, because from July 2001 until now, the authorities have suspended 16,000 Yuan from her salary. Her I.D. card has since been impounded.

[Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Take a Warning from this Incident

Recently, two more information/material centers were destroyed and several fellow practitioners were arrested. The damage is heartbreaking.

It's said that the practitioners involved in this incident all more or less had some problems, including not being able to pass xinxing [mind or heart nature] tests for a long period of time, being unable to calm down when studying the Fa, and being unable to genuinely search inward when conflicts arose. This affected their Dafa work. Master has emphasized this issue in recent articles numerous times. The experience-sharing article, "Eliminate the Pursuit of Comfort and Take Every Step Well in the Last Stage" [unofficial translation] posted on Clearwisdom.net on December 31, 2001 discussed this very clearly. We hope all fellow practitioners take this incident as a warning. Let's send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate evil and recover the local Dafa work as soon as possible and have our fellow practitioners return as soon as possible to join us in Fa-rectification work.

[Hefei City, Anhui Province] Arrest of Several Dafa Practitioners

On January 13, 2002, at 6p.m., a police officer from Anhui Province's Women's Forced Labor Camp spotted practitioners Yu Meixiu, Ji Guangjie, Zhu Guangzhen, Wang Jian and Li Guozhen while they were walking around the labor camp area. The lawless police officer dialed "110" [the emergency number in China] and had the practitioners arrested. [simply because they were walking around the labor camp area]. Their whereabouts are unknown.