Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Voice of Fa-Rectification Resounds in Nanguan District Court, Changchun City

January 19, 2002 |   By a practitioners in Changchun

(Clearwisdom.net) At 10:30 a.m. on January 16, 2002, Nanguan District in Changchun City opened a trial of 13 Dafa practitioners who had been illegally detained in the squalid Changchun Tiebei Detention Center for over a year. According to people from within the legal system, the sentences for these practitioners had already been decided, and varied from three years to over ten years. This so-called public trial was only a show to provide news for the media.

This was the first public trial of Dafa practitioners in Changchun City since July 1999. Many practitioners and families wanted to see what kinds of crimes these tortured practitioners would be convicted of. Families and curious people filled the small Nanguan District Court. The court staff did not expect to see so many people paying such attention to this trial and they became very nervous.

After a while, the police vans brought the practitioners. A 5 or 6-year-old girl saw her father, whom she had not seen for over a year, in the police van. She called out with her sweet young voice, "Daddy, daddy, daddy." The practitioners were escorted out one after another. Some looked the same as before, and some looked thin and pale, but very determined.

At this time, shouts such as "Falun Dafa is good!" "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa!" and "Restore Dafa's reputation!" burst out and resounded inside and outside of the courtroom. Some young policemen who were there to preserve order not only remained calm; they even smiled. When several so-called officials saw this scene, they lost their composure and immediately called their superiors and asked that large numbers of armed police be sent to the court.

By then, a small commotion took place in the courtroom. Practitioners who had been brought into the courtroom were forced back into the police vans for some unknown reason. Uniformed court personnel and attorneys all walked outside as well. My friend who works for the court told me that the trial has been postponed at this time.

A farce carefully arranged by the evil thus ended hastily before it could even begin.