Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Fuzhou Police Torture Dafa Practitioner Yang Ruiyu to Death

Aug. 22, 2001 |   By Falun Dafa practitioners in China


Yang Ruiyu, female, was a Dafa practitioner from Fuzhou City, Fujian Province. She was an employee at the Real Estate Bureau of Taijiang District, Fuzhou City. Since July 22, 1999, Yang has been doing much work for Dafa.

On July 19, 2001, Yang was taken away from her work in the morning at around 10 am. While detained between July 19 and July 22, Yang was not allowed to sleep. Finally, Yang died as a result of abuse on July 22. To safeguard the dignity of Dafa and to protect the safety of other practitioners, Yang persevered in resisting the inhuman persecution. In this way, she fulfilled her vow by saying, "Every minute I am alive, my heart is beating for Dafa."

Yang obtained the Fa in 1999 and she was very determined soon after becoming a genuine practitioner. Under the harsh circumstances, she was very active in resisting the evil and validating Dafa, and she did a great amount of arduous and risky work. Facing threats from the evil forces, Yang remained very determined and had no fear at all. She was also very warmhearted to fellow practitioners. Even under difficult and dangerous conditions, Yang clarified the truth and exposed the evil with wisdom as well as with the righteous thoughts she established through practicing Dafa. Yang was determined and enthusiastic, and she never retreated. People who knew her were impressed by her upright attitude and courage and also moved by her pure, righteous, and compassionate heart.

Yang died peacefully and bravely just before dawn. It is difficult to imagine just how the police threatened and tortured her so brutally in an effort to obtain information necessary to further interfere with Dafa work and persecute Dafa practitioners. With her life, Yang interpreted the pure and holy meaning of Master Li's words: "...disciples who practice cultivation in an upright and noble manner, majestic Divine Beings who are unshakable and solid, like diamond." (Deter Interference) Compared to such a great life, the evil forces appear so pale and weak.

After Yang's death, the Fuzhou police used heavy pressure to threaten Yang's family not to leak information. In addition, Yang's colleagues were not allowed to see her one last time, and no funeral was permitted either. When the body was sent to be cremated, it was guarded by police cars, and cremated immediately upon arrival. It's needless to say that such actions by the police have shown that they are evil and afraid of being exposed.

Everyone was shocked after Yang's death was publicized. The greatness and selflessness that Yang exemplified in her efforts to "spread the Fa and offer people salvation with benevolence," impressed and moved everyone to tears after learning of her death.

Yang, what may console you is that the practitioners here are becoming more compassionate and bold in cultivation. Without sadness or fear, we will do better in our great mission to, "Validate the Fa with reason, clarify the truth with wisdom, spread the Fa and offer people salvation with benevolence...establishing the mighty virtue of an enlightened being." (Rationality)

Note: The evil elements did not permit a funeral for Yang and her body was sent to be cremated the same day--even Yang's husband and daughter were not allowed to view the body. In addition, several police cars guarded the body when it was sent to be cremated and this showed that they were very weak in the heart after killing a person. Later that afternoon, police asked the TV reporters or journalists to come and planned to fabricate a story so as to defame Falun Gong. Due to the family's opposition and promise not to leak the information, however, the authorities decided not to make up a story, but rather sent the body to be directly cremated. To cover up their crime and prevent it from being exposed, the evil forces closely followed Jiang Zemin's order to consider beating to death as a suicide and make up slanderous lies. Right now, all the witnesses or people who know the details have been threatened by the police and dare not talk about it. It was said that there was a hole in Yang's side as large as an adult's fist. No details are available yet on how the police tortured Yang to death. We hope that the people who know about this will provide detailed information soon.