Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Latest News from China - 05/22/2001

June 01, 2001 |  

[Minghui Net]

[Mainland] Faluns Appear in a Northern City

In order to take further steps in assisting the Teacher's rectification of the Fa and eradication of the evil, we made over 700 banners. On the night of May 18, we intended to hang these banners. One Dafa practitioner saw a golden Falun outside when looking out of the balcony window, and made phone calls to other Dafa practitioners right away. Each person saw the Falun in different colors, including white, blue, and gold. Many non-practitioners also saw Falun appear in the human world. There was only one at first, and after a while another one appeared. The two Faluns constantly rotated with one on top of the other. This phenomenon lasted about an hour. Some practitioners sent out righteous thoughts with both hands He Shi (hands pressed together), one thought was: The part that has been fully cultivated assists the Teacher in the human world, and completely eradicates the evil. Some practitioners sent out the righteous thought: Falun rotates both in heaven and on earth, and eradicates evil in the human world.

The environment is very bad at present, yet we Dafa practitioners were not scared by the evil. It made us more confident in assisting the Teacher in rectifying the Fa after we saw the Faluns. That night, we successfully and safely hung those banners.

[Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province] One Dafa Practitioner Was Tortured to Death

A Dafa practitioner from Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province was tortured to death, his name is currently unknown. Another practitioner was arrested when going to the hospital to search for the truth of the death.

[Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Playing a Farce: the Blame of "the Fushun Railway Case" Is Put on Falun Gong Practitioners

It was reported that, while conducting a public trial against the Fushun Railway Case, police brought some so-called "transformed" people to view the trial, in an attempt to further transform them. However, when the public trial began, one of the two people repudiated what he had said before and spoke out the truth in court. Though the police on the spot forcibly stopped him, the people there still understood.

One of them was a practitioner. He used a mobile phone to call the mayor that day, asking him to release all the detained practitioners. Upon hearing "Falun Gong," the mayor immediately said, "It's you who are connected with this railway case." He attempted to put the blame on this practitioner. When the practitioner found that the mayor wanted to put the blame on him, he hung up right away. Unexpectedly, they checked the mobile phone numbers and then found that practitioner. The practitioner was brutally beaten, and was forced to admit that he made the call. Under the brutal torture, that practitioner bore false witness against his will.

During the trial, the so-called witness didn't show up. They simply played a farce. Many people on the spot knew the truth. A lot of workers were dismissed and became unemployed in Fushun City. They intercepted vehicles on the highway. The incidents of intercepting vehicles frequently happened in the city. Many common people knew that it's the unemployed workers, instead of Falun Gong practitioners, who committed the the crimes of the railway case.

[Melbourne, Australia] Melbourne Falun Dafa Website Is Hacked by Computers in Mainland China

At about 8:30 pm on May 21, 2001, Melbourne Falun Dafa website http://www.falundafa.ausn.net/ was hacked by people from Mainland China. The vicious force is still unwilling to stop persecuting Falun Dafa even at the last moment before being eradicated.

[Shihezi City, Xinjiang Province] Niu Yurong Discloses Lies Concocted by the Shihezi General Farm TV Station

My name is Niu Yurong. I'm a retired worker from the Manufacturing Plant of Shihezi General Farm in Xinjiang, and I'm now living in the United States.

In February or March this year, the Shihezi General Farm TV Station reported that I had given up practicing Falun Gong, and that I had given a phone call to the person who had my house keys and asked him to hand in all of my Dafa-related materials. Therefore, the police from the local police station went to my home and confiscated the Teacher's photos, Dafa books, exercise tapes, and some Dafa materials. Meanwhile, they also concocted lies on TV which deceived others, caused me harm, and negatively influenced Dafa.

I have called up the local government to clarify the truth and disclose the lies. At the same time, I'll take this opportunity to solemnly state:

1. I've never made a phone call to anybody to ask him to hand in Dafa-related materials.

2. I've never told anybody that I've given up cultivation.

I don't know where these deceitful lies came from. Whoever did it must take the responsibility.

I hereby make this statement.

Dafa practitioner: Niu Yurong

May 20, 2001

[Jilin Province] Witnessing the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Jiutai Labor Camp

In mid-April 2001, I witnessed the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners in the No. 2 brigade of Jiutai Labor Camp of Jilin Province. The police instigated criminal prisoners Lin Yuemin, Gao Yucheng, and others to force Falun Gong practitioners to overload themselves by carrying heavy loads of soil. These practitioners had refused to write a statement to disavow their belief in Falun Dafa. The torture was too inhumane for people to see. Falun Dafa practitioner Zhou Gang was too tired to carry the soil, however, he was still forced to drag it over 30 meters (33 yards). Practitioner Jiang Lide was beaten and kicked into the water. The criminal prisoners beat and kicked Falun Gong practitioners who were returning to their cells to rest after labor. The criminals told the Falun Gong practitioners, "We will treat you like this until you agree to write a statement to break away from Falun Gong." The torture caused some Falun Gong practitioner's shoulders to badly swell. Practitioner Jiang Guilin, 57 years old, was even unable to take off his underwear. Although the guards did not notice the situation when it begun, later, the guards stopped the torture.

[Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Chengdu University Deprives the Right of Enrollment to Falun Gong Practitioners

Chengdu University of Electronic Technology requires that each newly enrolled graduate student for the class of 2001 present a certificate that he or she has never practiced Falun Gong. Otherwise he or she will not be accepted to the school. This illegal action deprives Falun Gong practitioners of the right to receive continuing education as Chinese citizens.

[Jinan City, Shandong Province] Police from Liulishan Police Substation Viciously Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioners

I was arrested and sent to Liulishan Police Substation, where I witnessed a variety of vicious means of persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners.

A thin person with glasses who claimed to be the deputy director of a College of Politics and Law along with two vicious policemen forcibly held my hand to get my fingerprint. I was not allowed to know what was written on the piece of paper on which my fingerprint was placed. This situation is similar to that of Yang Bailao who was forced by Huang Shiren to sign a contract. Huang Shiren was a landlord who forced the poor peasant Yang Bailao to sell his daughter, a drama of the Party's propaganda. The deputy director talked to me about the law. He said, "The workings of the state are like a machine. Even though we know [the suppression of Falun Gong] is wrong, we still have to implement it. Having different thoughts [than Jiang Zemin] is also considered to be a crime."

The political director of the Police Substation forced us, two men and two women, to stand together to have our photograph taken, saying that this photo would be used as evidence to charge us with a fabricated offense of living together illegally.

A wicked policeman over fifty years old brutally beat and kicked me, shouting, "If you were my XX, I would strangle you."

I became disabled from frostbite and was sent to Shandong Police Hospital. Upon entering the hospital, director Wang told me to take it easy, to receive treatment and that my family would not be charged a penny. However, when I was leaving the hospital, I was not allowed to leave unless I paid. In the end, because my father begged the hospital and because of my family's poor economic situation, the hospital charged us 200 RMB Yuan (about US $24) to discharge me. Unexpectedly, a policewoman, Liu Pei, said that I owed the Party money and that I should remember to return it later on.

[Jining City, Shandong Province] More Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested

At 10pm on April 29, 2001, the Deputy Director of Political Security Team from the Middle-City District Public Security Bureau leading other police broke into Falun Gong practitioner Li Yufeng's house, and arrested him. This was caused by the betrayal of Zhou Daqi, the former vice assistant of Jining Falun Gong Assistant Center who informed the police by calling on the telephone. Practitioner Li's home was ransacked. On the same day, Li was sent to a detention center. He was released after a seventeen-day hunger strike. Li had been to Beijing to appeal seven times, and was sent to a detention center several times. But the detention center refused to accept him because they feared that Li would go on a hunger strike.

Falun Gong practitioner Qiao Xinxia, female, about 30 years old, was a taxi driver. She clarified the truth of Falun Gong to a passenger in her car. But the passenger was a plainclothes policeman who remembered her license plate number and tracked down where she lived. Qiao was arrested and her home was ransacked. Her two-year-old child was left at home. Her whereabouts are now unknown.

The police of Jining City listed fourteen Falun Gong practitioners who were forced to leave home, and they are attempting to arrest and sentence them illegally.

[Hefei City, Anhui Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ou Bin Is Arrested and Sent to a So-Called "Transformation Class"

At the end of last April, the Security Office of her work unit, the local government, and vicious police from Daoxiangcun Police Substation forcibly arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ou Bin (female) in her office and sent her to a so-called "Transformation Class." Practitioner Ou did all she could to resist the arrest, but was dragged away by several strong policemen. Many bruises and cuts were left on her body due to the arrest. During the "transformation class," Ou went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The vicious people in charge of the class were afraid that Ou would die and sent her home four days later.

On the evening of May 9, 2001, Ou Bin went out for business, but was held back by the people from the security office of her work unit. She argued on the basis of reason, telling them not to help a tyrant to do evil deeds, but that good deeds will be rewarded with good, and evil with evil. However, the vicious people she faced did not listen at all. Later on, the local Politics and Law Committee cooperated with the Police Station and kidnapped Ou Bin, dragging her to the illegal "transformation class" in public. The matter made a big impact on her work unit and among the local people because she was seen as a woman viciously persecuted because she refused to give up her belief. Some people talked about the matter in private, "All she did was practice Falun Gong and she didn't bother anyone. Why does [the government] persecute her endlessly? [Police] arrest her whenever they want, they become lawless."

Several dozen Falun Gong practitioners have been detained in the illegal "transformation class" in the Guest House of Anhui University. Many of them were forcibly kidnapped at midnight after vicious people had broken into their homes. Those people did not present any identification and did not follow legal procedure. They detained Falun Gong practitioners separately in the "transformation class" and had assigned people to keep watch on each practitioner. Nobody is allowed to visit the practitioners without the permission of the Politics and Law Committee or an Introduction Letter from the practitioner's work unit. Another "transformation class" is held in Hefei Tire Factory, where many other Falun Gong practitioners are also detained.

[Changchun City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Sun Shibin Jailed Beyond Detention Term- Vision Impaired Due to Torture

Falun Dafa Practitioner Sun Shibin, a teacher from the Affiliated High School of Northeast Normal University, went to Beijing to appeal and validate Dafa on July 22, 1999. Sun was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor and is still imprisoned beyond the detention term for firmly practicing Falun Gong. Due to long-term torture, Sun cannot see clearly with both eyes. Many Falun Dafa practitioners like Sun are still imprisoned beyond the detention term. We request that the Dafa practitioners being detained and persecuted for no reason be released without any conditions.

[China] Two "Reformed" Practitioners Reawaken and Go to Beijing to Appeal

Two practitioners who were considered to be "reformed" were released recently from a forced labor camp. They went to Beijing to appeal after their release. Their action shocked Jiang Zemin's political gangs who persecute Falun Dafa practitioners with insidious means. Jiang Zemin's associates pressured the mayor of the city and threatened him with being fired if anything like that happened again.

[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police Take Falun Dafa Practitioners From Home and Send Them to Forced Labor Camps

On April 27, and 28, 2001, police arrested Falun Dafa practitioners Liu Zhenya, Zhao Yuxi, and Guan Lirong while at home and sent them directly to forced labor camps for practicing Falun Gong exercises together on March 1, 2001. On that day, over 30 policemen from city police stations illegally arrested six Dafa practitioners; four of them were detained on criminal charges. One month later, the practioners were released because they did not cooperate with the vicious police actions and protested with a hunger strike. On April 27 and 28, police arrested them again and sent them to forced labor camps.

[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police in Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners

Over 400 Falun Dafa practitioners are illegally imprisoned in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. The No. 4 and No. 5 brigades are female centers and detain over 300 female Falun Dafa practitioners. The Falun Dafa practitioners in the camp are often tortured for practicing Falun Dafa exercises and reading Falun Dafa books. They were handcuffed, beaten, tied with ropes, detained individually in small cells, tied to form a cross for many days and forced to stay awake at night. Police in the camp forced the practitioners not to speak and would cuff anyone to the end of a bed frame who even had just mouth movements without making any sound. One Dafa practitioner was detained in a special small cell for seven days for saying "Falun Dafa is good." The police cuffed and hung up the practitioner's hands to force the her to stand, kept her awake for 7 days without sleep, and restricted her from going to the toilet. Facing the toileting restriction, the practitioner did not dare to eat and drink as needed. Some practitioners were cuffed to banisters of stairways and some of them were cuffed to objects near the ground, making them unable to stand upright or squat down. Even at night they were still cuffed. However, the practitioners have never yielded at the vicious police and continuously validated Dafa. The endurance of the practitioners and their firmness towards Dafa has surprised the wardens on site. The wardens felt the supernormal power of Dafa and had nothing to say.

When Dafa practitioners were sent to the camp, the wardens in the camp searched all their personal belongings thoroughly. Quilt and cotton mattresses were torn open to get all the cotton out. The wardens also searched the bodies of the new-comers. After the search, their personal belongings became a mess and looked like a pile of trash on ground. If Teacher's articles or other Dafa materials were found, the wardens would beat the practitioner by brutally slapping them and cuffing them in a special small cell. The sound of beating could be heard from a ways away. Because their quilts were torn open during the search, the Dafa practitioners generally did not have quilts the first few days.

The Dafa practitioners in No. 5 brigade all know a tall warden named Liu, a group head, who is said to have set up the labor camp from the beginning; she beat Dafa practitioners quite brutally. There is also a male group head that especially tortures Dafa practitioners by tying them up with rope. Several wardens tortured a weak woman together. A warden named Yin is especially vicious.

Recently, Jiang Zemin's political gang issued new, stricter orders to imprison Dafa practitioners and force them to transform. Armed police were ordered to persecute Dafa practitioners. A squad of armed police were sent to a dining room where Dafa practitioners had meals; after they entered, they shut the door, turned off the light and frenziedly commenced beating Dafa practitioners with police batons.

[China] Spreading Falun Dafa Under Any Conditions

A Falun Dafa practitioner is a bus driver for a unit and considered playing Dafa music on the bus for his colleagues. Instantly a thought occurred to him, "what can I do if any of them reports this to the police?" But he realized immediately that the thought was wrong, "We should do everything with righteous thoughts. Why do we fear to do good things?" In addition, he thought of a well-known quote Teacher often uses, "Having heard the Dao in the morning, one can die in the evening." The bus driver thought, "If a living being is fortunate enough to hear Dafa, hell dares not accept him after his death. If my colleagues can hear Dafa music, they may be saved."

The next day, the bus driver put the tape of Dafa music into the cassette player on the bus. The melodious music of Pudu attracted everybody and they remained calm the whole way that day, thus more people benefited from Dafa.

[Jinan City, Shandong Province] Two Practitioners Are Detained Illegally

Two Falun Dafa practitioners, Zhou Lei and Wang Donglin, were detained in an illegal "reform class" at Lixia District in Jinan for about two months. After that, they were detained in the local police station for more than twenty days. We wonder who gave the police the authority to detain people illegally for these long terms. At present, Zhou Lei is detained in Yaojia Police Substation and Wang is in Hepinglu Substation at Lixia District in Jinan.

Yaojia Police Station Phone Number: 86-531-8935173. Director: Miao; Two Vice Directors: Xu Lei and Teng.

Hepinglu Substation Phone Number: 86-531-8932197.

[Dalian city, Shandong Province] Current Situation of the Illegally Detained Dafa Practitioners in Dalian Labor Camps

The male practitioners who are under strict watch include: (Dong Yadong, Wu Yuanjun, Gong Guowei, Liu Jilian, Liu Zhongyao, Liu Zhonglin, Zhang Xiaodong, Lin Gang, Zhang Ximing, Li Jiwei, Wang Zhiyong, Zhang Jun, Liu Guichun, Wang Lin and Guo Jufeng.)) Feng Gang, Liu Qingming, Tian Jun, Han Fei, Lu Kaili, Liu Hongyou, Xu Gang, Huang Hongqi, Chen Jiafu, Li Maoxun and Wang Yue.

Note: 1. Names in parentheses are those who are in the "strict controlling class" of the male team; the others are in different teams.

2. Feng Gang is in the small cell in Team Five; Liu Qingming may be there too. Liu Gongyou has been kept in the newcomer's class at Team Five for a long time and has not been transferred to other teams.

3. On May 10, a new practitioner was sent there. After passing the test, he was sent to the Strict Controlling Class. His name is unknown.

4. There are about 150 practitioners on the male team. They are divided into five so-called "transformation classes" and one "strict controlling class." It is said that there are 250 practitioners on the female team. A few days ago, 11 female practitioners, including Wang Haiying, were sent to the Masanjia Labor Camp and their shoes and socks were stripped off before they left.

5. It is reported that over 80 practitioners are detained in the Yaojia Detention Center.

6. At present, for newly arrived practitioners, additional "transforming" means were employed: sending them to a male team and attacking them with electric clubs (one to twelve); those who have passed the test are sent to the "strict controlling class;" the rest are sent to "transformation classes."

7. In addition, Xue Dianshi, Wang Shuihai, Wang Linchang, Yin Libing, Qu Fei and others were detained in "transformation classes," but they refused to be reformed and refused to write the so-called "five statements."

8. On May 10 over twenty practitioners were sent there.

The home telephone number of Qiao Wei, the director of male team: 86-411-6827281.

Dalian Labor Camp policemen:

Wang Jun: male, resides at 34-3-5-1 Nankou Street, Shahekou district, Dalian. Phone number 86-411-4604201-3678 (pager), 13500716127 (mobile phone).

Gao Chengyou: Director at Team Three: 86-411-2814888-19151 (pager)

Zhuang Yonggui: Director at Team Two 86-411-6505554

[Beijing] The Plague Reappears in Haidian District

Although the plague has all but disappeared, it has recently resurfaced in Haidian District in Beijing. Three death cases have been reported. One of them is an academic. His death has caused a panic in the academic field, especially in the Chinese Science Institute. Many people are taking an inoculation against the disease. Moreover, drugs are being sold on a large scale as well.