Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Latest News from China - 04/30/2001

May 07, 2001 |  

[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Four Female Practitioners in No. 2 Detention Center of Shijiazhuang City have been on a Hunger Strike for One Month We have heard that four female Dafa practitioners are illegally detained in Shijiazhuang City's No. 2 Detention Center. On March 28, 2001, on behalf of Falun Dafa, they wrote an appeal letter to the City Public Security Department for unconditional release. Since then they have been on a hunger strike. They have already refused food and drink for 30 days. They are Liu Jiuhua (female, 50 years old, from Tangshan City, arrest), Yang Jianmei (female, 45 years old, from Shijiazhuang City, arrest), Jin Fengyu (female, 39 years old, from Laishui County, Baoding City, criminal detention), and Yang Miao (female, 26 years old, from Shijiazhuang City, criminal detention). We urgently call on people from all walks of life to pay attention to this outrage and stop the persecution of Dafa practitioners. [China] Jiang Zemin's Newest Scheme: "Completely Suppress Falun Gong Within Five Months" After the plot of "Suppressing Falun Gong within three Months" came to naught, we have found out that Jiang Zemin's criminal regime issued yet another new order: To suppress Falun Gong within five months, beginning on May 1, target date September 30, 2001. Falun Gong practitioners would be forced to write five statements [guarantee statement, repentant statement, rupture statement, criticizing statement, statement of exposing other practitioners' information]. After receiving this order, every local government made a list of Dafa practitioners who would be detained. [Beijing] On April 25, 2001, Dafa Banners Appeared Near the Xinhua News Agency and the Public Security University On the morning of April 25, 2001, two 6-meters-long [each 18 feet long] Dafa banners were hung on a ten-story residential building opposite the Xinhua News Agency. Bright red characters reading, "Restore the Reputation of Falun Dafa," stood out against the golden background of the banners, which looked quite attractive in the morning sunshine. A lot of passers-by stopped and praised the banners. That same morning, two long banners were hung on a residential building on the east side of the Judiciary Department Bldg. of the Public Security University in Xicheng District. Red characters on gold background attracted a lot of passers-by to stop and have a look at the magnificent sight. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Dafa Radio Program Echoed above the Shijiazhuang Detention Center With April 25 approaching, the horrible, depressing atmosphere in Shijiazhuang City increased steadily. There were people on guard every night, at every street intersection in urban districts. The government's presence was visible everywhere. However, at 4 am on April 21, 2001, the Dafa radio program resounded loudly in Beijiao Village of Shijiazhuang City. The following areas are close to the village: No.1 and No. 2 Detention Centers of the city, and No.1, No.3, and No.5 Large Units of City labor camp as well as the their residential complex. The voice of Dafa was broadcast from the tallest place, the 40-meter level [130 feet] of a 50-meter [164 feet] high chimney. The loudspeaker, which broadcast the Falun Dafa radio program and our Master's scripture, was so powerful that the voice of Dafa could be heard in the diameter of 1 kilometer [0.6 mile]. Both had been especially edited for the jailed Dafa practitioners. At 4:20am, a lot of people had gathered around the voice of the loudspeaker. Some were listening calmly. The broadcast lasted at least one half hour. á [Hebei Province] The Criminal Record of Law-Abusing Police Officer Wang Quanle from the Xiong County Police Department in Baoding City On January 15, 2000, Xiong County Police Department personnel detained Dafa practitioners Cao Shujin, Liu Xiumin and Cui Zhiqiang on a charge of distributing Dafa truth-clarifying material. They are going to sentence the practitioners to imprisonment. Without due legal procedure, they also confiscated Cui Zhiqiang's car. To this day, these practitioners are still in detention. In the middle of March, police illegally sent nine practitioners to a labor camp. On January 31, 2001, police in Nanshakou Village, Xiong County, detained all three members of Wang Degang's family on a charge of distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. Wang Quanle, head of the police office in the detention center, goaded common criminals to beat up Wang Degang in the name of "transformation." One of Wang Degang's arms was fractured from the vicious beating and has not yet healed. In addition, head Wang did not allow family members to visit female Dafa practitioner Fumei from Hanzhuang Village. As she refused to write the "guarantee letter," [renouncing her belief in Dafa], police forced her to take off her clothes. When she had already been stripped to her underwear, one of the policemen with a little conscience left stopped their violence. This is what they called "transformation." The law violators monitored all county practitioners' phone calls 24 hours a day. The practitioners were under daily 24 hour surveillance and they were not permitted to visit others. All their freedom was denied. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] The Brutal Behavior of Tan Xiaochang and Kao Linxu from Beiwan Street Administrative Office in Kuiwen District á One day in October of 2000, many policemen, security personnel and officials of the Street Office came to an old storehouse in Xingshi Village, Beiwan Street Administrative Office in Kuiwen District. They had arrested 7 or 8 Dafa practitioners and put them into the storehouse. One female practitioner just wore thin pants and slippers. This dark, dusty, empty storehouse had an iron door. Only two wooden chairs were inside. It was very cold during the night in this unheated place. Those unscrupulous people detained the practitioners in this storehouse for many days. Later on, the office "leaders" Tan Xiaochang and Kao Linxu locked both male and female practitioners together into one room, without a bathroom, and only one dirty basin served as a toilet. All people walking by on the street were condemning this inhuman behavior. Another female practitioner, who had a 3-months-old-baby at home, hadn't eaten and taken any liquids for several days. For extended periods, Kao Linxu shocked her with a high voltage electric baton. None of the personnel on the scene took any action, although many of them did not condone this kind of brutal behavior. The next day, some kind-hearted person hid the electric baton, for this person realized that this was what he or she should do. Kao Linxu ordered the officials to beat each practitioner a specified number of times, otherwise, he would punish the officials. Some practitioners were yanked onto a dark field that is more than 30 Li [about 9.4 miles] away to be beaten up. One official who was just standing there, not actually beating the practitioners, had to endure a reprimand from Kao Linxu . All the people on the spot felt the unfairness of the situation and contempt for such illegal behavior. [Jiangsu Province] The Persecution Situation of Dafa Practitioners in Jiangsu Province Cao Zhiyun (male) is a 34 year-old practitioner from Nanjing City. His elder sister is also a Dafa practitioner who had been illegally sent to a labor camp. The torture of sleep-deprivation could not move his heart. Neither could he be moved by the hard work in the daytime, nor by the "running punishment" and other tortures. Because he was the first one that should be released but still remained very determined in Dafa, the police said, "How can we do our work later if we release you?" The secretary, Yu Haiyong, told us directly, "If we are out to condemn you, we can always trump up a charge. We are going to prolong Cao Zhiyun's detention period in the labor camp for another three months." One person who guarded Dafa practitioners often went to see Cao Zhiyun and cursed Teacher and Dafa. However, about one month later, this abusive, once strong man, for no known reason, broke his leg. We all knew that this was "Retribution in this lifetime." Bao Shunyuan (male, 37 years old) was the associate office director of the Nanjing City Geology School. As early as 1999, he was singled out as the "Focal Point of Jiangsu Province." Nanjing police have told him, "You will be sentenced to jail or sent to a labor camp once there is the slightest Dafa movement happening." Before the Spring Festival of 2000, he was illegally sent to a labor camp on a charge of organizing group Fa study. At the same time he was electrically shocked, Yu XX also slapped him. As a result, even one month later, one of Bao Shunyuan's ears has still not regained its hearing. Shortly after that, while riding a motorcycle, Yu XX injured his ears in an accident. Zhan Xingmao (male, 37 years old) was from Jiangdu City, Jiangsu Province. Penniless and riding a bicycle, he went to Beijing to validate Dafa. It took him five days to get to Tianjing, a big city close to Beijing. He earned 30 Yuan by selling his bicycle and entered Beijing. He said, "To be human is to suffer. It is nothing but suffering. I just come here to suffer, and I firmly believe in Dafa." Chen Hanchang (male, over 50 years old) came from Qidong City, Jiangsu Province. He was strong-willed when he was being tortured. He also helped those who chose the wrong path, the evil enlightenment, to return to the righteous way. Chen said also told us that, "a person from Qidong went to the UN Human Rights conference to slander Dafa. That person's wife was not a Falun Gong practitioner, either." Dafa practitioners asked that individual why he did that, and asked him to make a public statement announcing what he said was a untrue, but he refused to do so. Tang Jianxing (male) from Suzhou City, has two children; one is a university student, the other is in middle school. His wife is jobless. Because he was illegally sentenced to a labor camp, the whole family has no financial support now. Their water and power had been turned off. Under duress from the "leaders" and against his will, he wrote the "repentance letter." He hated himself for being moved by his human feelings. Afterward he declared to the leaders that what he wrote was invalid, and he will firmly cultivate Dafa. á [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] The Persecution of the Chen Guijun Family About 9 p.m. on April 24, 2001, because someone divulged the location, supposed to be kept secret, many policemen surrounded the temporary dwelling of Dafa practitioner Chen Guijun (female). They claimed they wanted to check residence cards. The practitioner did not open the door for them. However, the police gained illegal entrance through the balcony and conducted unlawful search and seizure. They forcibly and illegally took away Chen Guijun, her elder daughter Zhu Rui and another practitioner (who is now out of danger), and confiscated her computer, printer and other personal belongings. The next morning, her second daughter Zhu Li visited her and was also arrested. Now all five members of Chen Guijun's family have unlawfully lost their freedom and are suffering various persecutions. Chen Guijun and her two daughters Zhu Rui, Zhu Li are detained in some place in Xindu, Chengdu City. Her husband, Zhu Yi, is detained in the Xinhua Labor Camp. Her elder son-in-law Shen Xuqing is detained someplace in Jiange. For the past 30 years, in the Xinjiang Autonomous Region, Chen Guijun and her husband had been working hard for their country. Her son-in-law is also a well-known, good person and good worker. Her two daughters worked in a hospital, but they were forced to leave their positions and were illegally sent to a labor camp. Many of the patients they cured are worrying about them. [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] The Criminal Record of Thugs Beating Up Dafa Practitioners Some lawbreakers from the Yanjiao District Police Substation and Development Zone of Sanhe City, Hebei Province, have committed serious crimes against Dafa practitioners. For going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, practitioner Hao Yafen, an employee of the Power Plant, was often beaten. Once, thugs from the police substation savagely beat her. They used batons, and for more than an hour, kept beating and kicking her with heavy boots. She was beaten so badly that she was unable to control her bladder. Liu Yalu and a police officer by the last name of Qi from the police substation also beat her. When she was detained in the Development Zone, someone from the City Management Bureau also beat her so badly that her face was bleeding. Her head hurt so severely that she dared not touch it, otherwise, her head would ache. It was painful for her to breathe. With each breath she took her chest would feel a spasm. Other Dafa practitioners being beaten at the same time were Guo Yaolin of the Ocean Bureau and Xing Wenzhu of the Metallurgy Department. They were also beaten severely, to the point that their faces were deformed and swollen, and covered all over with black and blue marks. On March 1, 2001, police and city management personnel from the Development Zone arrested Dafa practitioners from their working units and took them away. The practitioners had to attend the illegal "transformation class" in the Development Zone. Those "officials," the lawbreakers, used both soft and hard tactics in order to forcefully change Dafa cultivators' righteous minds. The soft tactic they used allows practitioners to eat better food; and the hard tactics used are forcing Dafa practitioners to attend "classes," receive physical punishments, watch propaganda TV, write experience letters, wear the specific center uniform and not being allowed to sleep until 12 midnight. Dafa practitioners clarified the truth about Falun Dafa and revealed the loopholes of the "self-immolation incident" by writing experience letters. They constantly spread the Fa to the working staff there. Many staff there with righteous minds believed in Dafa and "Truthfulness, Benevolence, Forbearance," the Law of the Universe. Later, a Dafa practitioner from the Ershan Company arrived. She refused to succumb to the evil forces, carried out a hunger strike and insisted on practicing the Falun Gong exercises. The next day she was released in an open and dignified manner. Her action of actively suffocating the evil inspired the remaining practitioners, and they went on a collective hunger strike in order to suffocate the evil and safeguard Dafa. On March 21, the day we began our hunger strike, around 5:30 pm (?) the vicious policeman Qi and others beat Dafa practitioners Xu Shaozun and Liu Yong severely. Liu Yong was the one beaten most heavily. For over half an hour, these policemen beat Liu Yong's legs with a mop, and beat his back, chest and head with their fists. They beat him so hard that the mop handle was broken. After that, they tortured practitioners by forcing them to squat half way down, with their arms stretched out for two hours. Other practitioners and several staff saw Liu Yong's injuries the backs of both of his thighs were black and blue all. His chest was injured so badly that once he coughed, he felt intense pain in his chest. This has lasted for many days. [Nong'an County, Jilin Province] Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Halahai Town of Nong'an County Since Jiang Zemin's criminal group began persecuting Falun Gong on July 22, 1999, police officers from the town police station started to confiscate Dafa books. They confiscated books from over 100 households and confiscated 3 tape recorders.

  1. After October 27, 1999, over 100 Dafa practitioners were illegally held at the so-called "class." Everyday, they had to report to the class at dawn and were not allowed to go home until dusk. The class lasted over 10 days. Those who wrote the "guarantee" [renouncing their beliefs in Falun Dafa] were released, and those who refused to write were beaten severely.
  2. On January 1, 2000, Guo Ming, employed at the Grain Depot and Zou Yanming, an employee of the Railway Station were arrested. Other practitioners were forced by the town government to attend the "class" for three days. Zou Yanming and Guo Ming were illegally held in a detention center for 97 days and had to pay 1,000 Yuan [about $121.00, a two-month salary for a Chinese city worker] bail before being released.
  3. A Dafa practitioner was planning to rent a house and set up a store. While he was discussing with his relatives how to buy goods, the police discovered them and claimed that they were holding an illegal assembly. The police didn't allow him to set up the store and asked the landlord not to rent the house to him.
  4. In order to prevent practitioners from going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, the police were watching practitioners from the 2nd day to the 13th day during the Chinese Lunar New Year. [January 24 February 5, 2001] On the 13th day of the Lunar New Year, the police again forced practitioners to attend the "class;" those who refused to attend would be fined 50 Yuan per day. On the 15th day of the lunar New Year, the police ransacked 9 practitioners' homes, confiscated their goods and illegally fined them.
In addition, on March 13, 2000, the police illegally arrested practitioners, including Zou Yanming, who was later sent to a labor camp without due process of law. Though the illegal detention period has been extended, he has not yet been released. On January 18, 2001, sixteen Dafa practitioners were taken to the detention center to attend the "class." They were released on the 2nd day of the Lunar New Year after the police extorted 500 Yuan from each of them. [Miyun County, Beijing] Police Who Suspect Him to be a Falun Gong Practitioner Beat a Young Man from Miyun County into a Psychotic State A 17 year- old young man from Miyun County went to Beijing to look for a job. The police suspected him to be a Falun Gong practitioner and arrested him. After being severely beaten and threatened, this young man has become a psychotic now. Once he hears a police siren, he cannot help trembling. á