Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

We Cherish the Memory of Fellow Falun Gong Practitioner, Qi Fengqin

February 08, 2001 |   Practitioners from China

[Minghui Net] Qi Fengqin, female, 41 years old, was a member of the Chinese [ name omitted] Party. In her line of work, she was the Vice Chief for the Finance Section of the Liaocheng City Forestry Bureau in Shandong Province. Since practicing Falun Dafa, she had strictly followed the principle of "Truthfulness, Benevolence, and Forbearance," which had allowed her to unselfishly think of others first.

In the Bureau, she worked very diligently and conscientiously, arriving at the office early and leaving late. She never took an extra penny from her working unit. Everyone in the Forestry Bureau admired her and was moved by her various altruistic deeds. Some people were influenced by her and also started to practice Falun Dafa.

During a time in 1999, especially after April 25th, Lu Gan, He Zuoxiu and others slandered Falun Gong using the state-controlled media. This motivated Qi Fengqi and other practitioners to travel to Nanchan City, Tangyin City, and Beijing to tell the truth about Falun Dafa to the government officials. After July 22nd, 1999, the unprecedented persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners began. Qi Fengqin went to Beijing several times to appeal for Falun Gong and was apprehended and detained. The police and the officials from her working unit forced her to write a "guarantee letter to stop practicing Falun Gong". She refused. Although she was detained, she never wavered or gave up her practice of Falun Gong. She was not afraid of giving up her Party membership and being fired from her work unit.

Qi Fengqin said: "I am a Falun Gong practitioner, and I am a particle of Falun Dafa. Our Teacher has been listed as a "wanted criminal," and Dafa has been vilified. I must step forward to validate the Fa and explain the truth to the people." She did what she said she would do, and set forth to tell people that Falun Dafa is good. When she was distributing Falun Dafa flyers in Liaocheng City [in early September of 2000], she was arrested again, beaten severely and put into prison. After each repeated interrogation, her only answer was: "I will practice! I will continue go to Beijing to appeal whenever it is necessary." In prison, she kept reciting passages from the book, Zhuan Falun and practicing Falun Gong exercises. After her basic human rights were severely violated by police in the jail, she went on a hunger strike to protest. Some vicious policemen pushed her down to the ground and with their heavy boots, stomped on her hands, feet and hair. They then forcefully inserted a tube into her throat and poured salt water and salted rice gruel into it. After being savagely force-fed day after day, the tube punctured her esophagus and the salt water leaked into her trachea. All these horrible abuses could not force or persuade her to give up Falun Gong practice. The vicious police became more aggressive and inserted the tube even more forcefully. The tube, which had previously broken her esophagus, now punctured her lungs, and the salted water and salty rice gruel was thus forcefully injected into her lungs. She endured all these sufferings without groaning. Until the last moment of her life, she didn't give in.

When the fellow practitioners found out that she had lost consciousness, they reported this emergency to the police. But no one came to take a look. They even waited for a long time before she was sent to a hospital for emergency care. But it was too late. Around 8:20 AM on October 9th, 2000, the police came to the surgery department and wanted to take her away. A surgeon turned down the request and told them that she was in very critical condition. Upon hearing that, the policeman went back to report the situation to their superiors. Soon after, policemen were deployed everywhere in the hospital. They blocked the news from coming out and the doctor was forbidden to talk to anyone or release details of the case to anybody. None of her family members or friends was allowed to visit her. In the end, the doctors couldn't save her life and Qi Fengqin's heart stopped beating.

Under the supervision of the police, Qi Fengqin's body was sent to the mortuary's "cold room." Two days later, her family went to the mortuary with newly bought clothes and wanted to change her clothes in preparation for her funeral. They found that her body was still warm. They thought she must be still alive and notified the doctor. Knowing her body was kept in the cold room for two days and her body was still warm, the doctor said, " I've never seen such a phenomenon before and it can't be explained. Since she has no pulse and breath, she must be dead." After her body was cremated, a cup-size crystal remained and its veining can be clearly seen. [Note: It is known that sometimes, when a genuine cultivator is cremated, a precious relic like that, and called "sarira", remains].

On the day of the funeral, there were a lot of policemen and plain clothes in the crowd. They thought that practitioners might want to take revenge. They did not understand that we practitioners follow the highest moral standards for cultivators, and we never hold extremist opinions nor attempt violent actions. The fellow practitioners folded their hands together and prayed for her with tears in their eyes. At that moment, the music of "Pudu" and "Jishi" resounded in the air. The solemn and stirring scene made everyone cry, including the officials of the bureau, her colleagues, her family members and relatives. The kind-hearted people were awakened and no longer believe in the lies on the TV.

However, the police later fabricated information and made false entries on her records, which stated that she had died from practicing the exercises. But no officials and policemen dared to sign the falsified writings. Three days after her death, they performed the strange and incongruous act of posthumously sentencing her to three years in prison and sent the report to the higher officials. As of this moment, those murderers are still free. However, they no longer fill force-feed tubes with salt water and salt gruel because they now know that it will cause death. They changed their methods and now fill the tube with rice gruel only.

Our Qi Fengqin has left. Her heroic deed of persisting in practicing Dafa inspired more and more practitioners. Facing the vicious persecution and death threat, we Falun Dafa practitioners will not give up our right to practice. We will firmly continue advancing our cultivation along the road of "Truthfulness, Benevolence and Forbearance."

[For more information about Qi Fengqin's death, please visit the death case #68 in the name list http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/special_column/death_list.html#068]