Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Years of Persecution Experienced by A Family in Wei County of Shandong Province

November 29, 2001 |   By A Dafa Practitioner in China

(Clearwisdom.net ) Since July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin [President of the Chinese Government] and his gang of criminals started to wantonly slander and persecute Falun Gong. From that day on we began to suffer brutal persecution.

  1. On July 21, 1999, the township Secretary of the Political and Judicial Committee, surnamed Li (male, about 40 years old), and the Village Accountant Ren Dongze (male, about 45 years old) forced over 40 Dafa practitioners to attend a brainwashing class and they forcibly confiscated our Dafa books. I did not cooperate with them. The next day, the politics and security section chief Li Enying (male, about 35 years old) and the Vice Political Commissioner Liu Yuanjie (male, about 40 years old) from the County Police Department, along with several vicious policemen, jumped over the fence outside my house and broke into my home at midnight. Without following any legal procedures, they forcibly took me away and illegally detained me in the Wei County Detention Center. After my family appealed to various people for help and was forced to pay 3000 Yuan bail without getting a receipt, I was released 6 days later.
  2. On July 20, 2000, my wife, my two children and I went to the State Department Appealing Bureau in Beijing to appeal, which is our entitled civil right. We were not allowed to enter the bureau. After we returned to our home, the village leaders heard about this. Under the instruction of the Village Party Secretary Fang Yinghao (male, 72 years old), the Village Accountant Ren Dongze and the Village Militia Commander Fang Shuangcheng (male, about 50 years old) and 2 policemen from the Township police station broke into my home. Unable to find any evidence, they left empty handed and humiliated. The next day, the County Politics and Security Section Chief Li Enying tricked us into going to the County Police Department, where he asked us to write a guarantee letter [of not practicing Falun Gong]. We refused and were then sent to Wei County Detention Center. My wife Sun Lancheng, 38 years old, fainted after being on a hunger strike for 4 days. She was released after my family paid 3000 Yuan bail. During the 16-day detention, I was on a hunger strike for 8 days. Before I was released, my family was also forced to pay 3000 Yuan bail and no receipt was given.
  3. On the first day of the 1999 lunar calendar year [before the ban on July 1999, local governments had already started harassment against Falun Gong practitioners], several practitioners from my village and I practiced Falun Gong exercises on the street, which is our basic human right. However, when several village leaders, including Fang Shuangcheng discovered this, they contacted Ren Dongze and the Village Executive Director Xu Zishuang (male, about 55 years old), and together they assaulted and threatened us and extorted money from us by various means. Just for practicing the exercises, we were forced to live in exile for a long time.
  4. On the morning of December 27, 2000, my wife, my 13 year-old son Zheng Houshang, and I went to Beijing to make a peaceful appeal. After the village leaders heard about it, they called several dozen vicious policemen led by the Chief Li Enying. They illegally ransacked my home twice for over 3 hours each time. They forced my elderly father, who is almost 70 years old, to kneel down while they confiscated the entire household's electric appliances and 2 motorcycles, which were worth 30,000 Yuan. They also said that they would tear down our new building and threatened my 12-year-old son. Now my 12-year-old son becomes extremely frightened and runs into the house whenever he hears the siren of police vehicles. On December 27, my eldest son, along with practitioner Dong Jinhong (female, 33 years old), went to Beijing to appeal. After the vicious Beijing police notified the county police department and they were escorted back, Dong Jinhong went on a hunger strike for 12 days. Even so, she was not released. She was force-fed and then sent to Shijiazhuang City [in Hebei Province] for three years forced labor. My eldest son, only 15 years old, was detained in Wei County Detention Center for over 20 days and no family members were allowed to visit him. He was released after he was beaten and we were forced to pay a fine of 1000 Yuan and no receipt was given.
  5. After the New Year 2001, my wife and I were forced to live in exile. On the eve of the Chinese New Year [on January 23, 2001], my wife and I again went to Beijing to appeal. When we passed Qilihe, a suburb in Beijing, the vicious police, who were checking identification cards, discovered us. As soon as I got off the bus, they started to beat me with a bicycle chain lock until both my legs turned black and blue. Later we were forced to sit on the "tiger stool" [a very painful torture device] for about 28 hours and then sent to Fangshan County Detention Center. After I was clamped with forceps and kicked and beaten up, I was sent to a cell where the inmates, under the instigation of guards, took off my clothes and proceeded to beat and kick me. They used scissors to cut the skin at my hips and scrape my back. The guards also ordered the inmates to pour icy cold water on me. After I was detained there for one night, the vicious police from the county liaison office in Beijing took me out of the detention center and I seized the opportunity to escape.
  6. On August 19, 2001, two fellow practitioners and I went to Jindouying Township in Yanggu County of Shandong Province to attend an experience sharing conference. On the morning of August 20, we were seen posting Dafa signs on our way back home. While having breakfast, the Jindouying Township police station tricked us into going to the Yanggu County Police Department. We were illegally beaten, scolded, and handcuffed with our hands behind our backs until about 5:00 p.m. at the County Police Department. We refused to sign our names and were illegally detained there for 16 days. My hunger strike lasted 16 days (during this period, practitioner Wang Xinglei was beaten to death). When my hunger strike went into the 14th day, Yanggu County Police Department asked the collaborators [those who help the police after they gave up practicing Falun Gong] to harass me. They were extremely vicious. Later, I was sent to an emergency room in Yanggu County Hospital and from there the Wei County Police Department brought me back. The Wei County Politics and Security Section Chief Li Enying and the Police Department Associate Director Hao Xiangting (male, about 50 years old, in charge of the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners) ordered the vicious policemen to go to the hospital to watch me 24 hours a day in turn. Among the policemen who watched me, Li Changbao (male, over 50 years old) was the most vicious. The Associate Section Chief Shi Baozhen said that they were not responsible no matter who died, and they must not release any practitioners. After I went on a hunger strike in the hospital for almost 10 days, I found an opportunity and escaped. When the wicked police learned about my escape, they illegally threatened my sons and detained them for 24 hours. So far, there are still 3 Dafa practitioners detained in Wei County Detention Center. They have been detained for over 3 months now. These 3 practitioners are Shi Jinxi (over 70 years old), Shi Zhenzhong (male, about 50 years old), and Li Haishan (male, 25 years old).
  7. Around 11:00 a.m. on April 23, 2001, when my wife, 3 other practitioners, and I were sorting out Dafa materials in the house I rent, the evil police from the local land management office found us and illegally arrested my wife and 2 other female practitioners without following any legal procedures. They were detained in Qinghe County Detention Center. One practitioner and I escaped being arrested. My wife was beaten and scolded many times. She staged hunger strikes 3 times, each time lasting over 8 days. She fainted during her first hunger strike and was taken to a hospital, but she was not released. During the following two hunger strikes, she was force-fed. She has been illegally detained in Qinghe County Detention Center for almost 7 months now. During her detainment, my family was extorted about 13,000 Yuan (the Politics and Security Section Chief himself extorted 6,000 Yuan from my wife's family, yet he did not release her).

My family has been thus persecuted simply for cultivating Falun Dafa and for being good people. Since I have been forced to leave home, there is no one to take care of my elderly parents, who are nearly 70 years old, and my 3 underage children. I want to ask the international human rights organizations to investigate the crimes committed by Jiang Zemin and his gang of criminals and to promote righteousness and punish the evil.

November 13, 2001