Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Vicious Xiangfan City Labor Camp, Hubei Province

October 03, 2001 |  


Since 1999, the Political and Judiciary Committee, the Police Department and the 610 Office in Xiangfan City, Hubei Province have aided Jiang Zemin's corrupt government to ruthlessly persecute Falun Dafa practitioners from areas such as Xiangfan, Zaoyang and Laohekou. They caught over 60 practioners around the Spring Festival in 2001 and have not released any of them. In July and August, 2001, under the direct command from City 610 Office, the local police stations searched and arrested practitioners everywhere and forcibly sent some of the firm practitioners to the brainwashing class set up in the Xiangfan City Labor Camp in order to illegally brainwash them. Their means are extremely contemptible and atrocious.

  1. Under the Name of "Law Education School"
  2. In order to deceive the public, the brainwashing class in the Xiangfan City Labor Camp purposely made a sign of "Xiangfan City Law Education School" and hung it on the door. For all the practitioners who have been sent there, their work units and families are required to pay a mandatory 2,000 Yuan RMB in cash as the cost of the class.

  3. Practitioners Inhumanely Detained Together With Criminals in the Labor Camp
  4. In order to force the practitioner to give up their righteous cultivation, they order those criminal prisoners in the labor camp to beat and monitor the practitioners (at least 2-3 prisoners watch one practitioner). They also threaten those prisoners by saying, "You will be extending your prison term if you are not successful in forcing the practitioners to give up their practice."

  5. Dafa Practitioners Tortured With Physical Punishment, Beating, Cursing, Threatening and Being Submitted to Heavy Physical Labor
  6. Right after practitioners are illegally sent to the labor camp, they are badly beaten. All kinds of torturing is used, one after another, such as "Riding Airplane" - a painful torture with one's hands bent to the back while their body lies on the floor, kneeling down, pulling the practitioners' hair to have their chests heavily collide with their knees, lashing their spines with two inch wide rubber tubes, and burning their toes with lit cigarettes and lighters. The practitioners are forced to participate in heavy physical labor everyday: digging soil, carrying cement on their backs and transporting bricks.

  7. All the Means of Brainwashing and "Criticize and Denounce" Used During the Cultural Revolution Have Been Applied Here to Force Practitioners to Give Up Dafa Cultivation
  8. The labor camp sometimes organizes the prisoners and the practitioners to watch vicious videos that slander Dafa. Everyone has to write indecent and criticizing material in order to pass the test. Otherwise they will be jointly attacked, cursed, insulted, physically punished and deprived of sleep. Determined practitioners are prohibited to see their families.

There are over 20 practitioners still being detained in the labor camp in Xiangfan City. It has been said that the 610 Office in Xiangfan City is preparing to illegally send another group of practitioners to the labor camp.

Lists of evil people:

Yao Renan: the secretary of Political and Judiciary Committee, Xiangfan City Telephone: 01186-710-3511668(H)

Wang: the instructor of the "Law Education" class

Telephone: 01186-710-3564164(O)

Shi: the director of the Xiangfan City Labor Camp,

Telephone: 01186-710-3563840

Zhu: the vice director of the Xiangfan City Labor Camp,

Li Zhenguo: the director of the Longzhong Police Station

Sun Yanjun: the instructor of the Longzhong Police Station

Telephone of political security section, Xiangcheng subdivision of Xiangfan City Police Department: 01186-710-3513195

Examples of Falun Gong Practitioners being Tortured in Xiangfan City


Zou Yuantao, male, 29-years-old, an employee in the No.609 research center, started to practice Falun Gong at the end of November 1998. since July 20, 1999, he has been illegally sent to and cruelly tortured in a custodial center, mental hospital, detention center and labor camp because of involving himself in activities such as lawfully appealling, practicing and distributing some truth-clarifying Falun Gong materials, etc.

The night of July 25, 2001, Zou Yuantao visited a practitioner's home. After being reported on by some evil person, he was illegally detained by the local police station and later forcibly sent to Xiangfan City Qilidian Labor Camp to be compelled to give up cultivation.

Zou Yuantao was so firm and strong not to give up. He did not cooperate with the evil and shouted "Falun Dafa is good." He was dragged and beaten from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor by the prisoners. A couple of prisoners took turns beating him by stamping on him, pulling his hair to have his chest meet with the knees, twisting his arms to a "Riding Airplane" position, whipping his spine with a two inch wide rubber tube, burning his toes with lit cigarettes, striking his hands and feet with a stool. He was tortured from 10 am to dinnertime. Zou Yuantao had many internal injuries from the beating, which were too terrible to be seen. He was further punished to stand for lengthy periods of time and not allowed to sleep at night.

Zou Yuantao was force-fed during his two hunger strikes to protest the unlawful persecution. Five or six prisoners hauled him by his hands and feet, pressed him on the ground, pressed his feet with the stool, constrained his head and pinched his nose, pried his mouth open with a bamboo stick, and stuffed one third of a Coca Cola bottle into his mouth. Zou Yuantao almost suffocated to death. His throat was bruised severely and he started to spit blood.

On August 13, Zou Yuantao began his second hunger strike in protest. On the fifth day of his strike, he was still forced to do physical labor. He could not stand it and fell down to the ground. The group leader Wang Zhiyong and the vice director of the labor camp Zhu still did not let him go. They dragged him to burn under the scorching sun. He was then dragged back to the labor camp's cell after he almost collapsed. The director of the labor camp, Shi said, "Torturing you to death is just like trampling an ant. You have to work even during the hunger strike. It will be considered suicide when you die!" On the sixth day, Zou Yuantao did not have any strength to leave the bed, yet he was still dragged downstairs to stand in a line with other prisoners. As a result, he fainted on the ground and nobody took care of him. He was dragged back very late that day. On the seventh day, Zou Yuantao was at his last breath and his body was seriously dehydrated. The labor camp was afraid of taking responsibility for him so they asked his family to take him back home.

In order not to be persecuted, Zou Yuantao has left his home again and become destitute and is presently homeless.


Ren Chenglu (male) and Li Xianhua (female) are a couple. Both are employees of Heli Corporation, Xiangfan City. Both of them attained the Fa in 1996. Between July and October 1999, this couple brought their teenage daughter to appeal for Falun Gong twice. Later on, Ren Chenlu was unlawfully detained for two months. The security section in the company illegally detained Li Xianhua. After they were released, they were prohibited to work, were without pay, monitored for a long time, disallowed visits by outsiders and had limited freedom. They suffered financially because of this. In March 2000, Ren Chenlu was deceived and detained in the custodial center for half a year because he did not make any guarantee to the evil force. Li Xianhua was detained for a couple of days due to practicing in a park on June 2000. At the end of December 2000 and February 2001, Li Xianhua and Ren Chenlu were kidnapped from home for no reason, respectively. They were sent to and illegally detained in No 1 Custodial Center, Xiangfan City. There has been no information about them since. Nobody takes care of their 13-year-old daughter now. She has no support for her living and study. Nobody in the company or the police station offered their help for the girl.


Yi Bosheng, male, 29-year-old, holds a bachelor degree, and is a technician of Xiangfan City No.2 Automobile Company. He was detained twice. On August 10, 2001, he was kidnapped from his company and was sent to Xiangfan City Labor Camp to give up cultivation. Right after he went into the labor cell, he was beaten severely. A couple of prisoners beat him in turn. They beat him to the ground, stamped his back and waist with the sturdy leather shoes, heavily treaded on his hands and feet, and pounded his chest. A stout stool was used as a tool to beat him and it even cracked.

After only a week, Yi Bosheng was beaten, and the skin on his body was mutilated. From the chest to the back, the thigh, a leg and two arms, there were over 10 bruises together. The outer side of his leg festered and was abscessed. He was turning back and forth in the bed, and it was difficult to sleep due to the extreme pain. He also coughs unceasingly.


Xing Guangjun, was a worker laid off from an aluminum material factory in Xiangfan City. In October 1999 and July 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal a couple of times and was illegally detained. In October 2000, he was sent to Xiangfan City No1. Custodial Center because he was thought to be distributing Dafa materials and organizing the practitioners to go to Beijing. In June 2001, he was sent to Shayang Labor Camp for a year and a half.