Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Latest News from China - 01/12/2001

January 18, 2001 |  

[Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Police Strip Female Practitioners in Public

The police department in the Futian district of Shenzen City stripped six female practitioners and threw them into the courtyard in the middle of the day. These practitioners ranged from unwed young women to elderly matrons. It is apparent that these wicked people have lost all sense of human decency.

[Changchun City, Jilin Province] An Episode at the Train Station

In the middle of December 2000, several female practitioners and I were waiting for our train to Beijing, when some policemen stopped us. They checked our tickets, and when they saw that we were headed to Beijing, they took us to their office. After they found out that we were Falun Gong practitioners, two plain-clothes policemen took us to another room, where there were several implements of torture in plain view. They closed the door and kicked me to the ground between them. They began to kick me back and forth like a soccer ball, while grabbing my hair and hitting me in the face. They cursed me using the dirtiest language, and when I saw their monstrous faces and wicked looks, I felt that they were lower than the lowest street scum. I still tried to talk to them, "Please do not treat me like this. You have families of your own. If other people treated them this way, how would you feel? I am a good person who believes in Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance, and I have never broken any laws or done any bad deeds." When they heard this, they screamed at me, "We don't care if people commit arson or murder, but we specifically go after Falun Gong practitioners like you." They then re-doubled their efforts in beating me, using their handcuffs, electric batons, and beer bottles. They also stripped seven or eight female practitioners, forcing them to stand in the hall naked, while policemen watched and made dirty jokes at them.

[Shandong Province] A report on the Local Hongfa Activities

Recently, on the streets and alleys of a certain city in Shandong Province, truth-telling materials have been pasted everywhere. Many signs, banners, and flyers of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" and "Falun Dafa is Good" can be seen on the power line poles, the trees, and the walls of the streets. The policemen are worn out and exhausted, but they still cannot tear down everything or erase everything. Many people are already used to walking on the street, surrounded by signs with "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" written on them.

On one night at the end of November, we successfully hung over 400 hundred banners all over our district. Everyone saw and read them on their way to work in the morning, and all of the practitioners were able to return home safely. On New Year's Eve, we successfully carried out another group activity. We spray painted signs everywhere and hung banners all over the trees. In addition, some practitioners went to the rural areas to hang up banners.

[Heilongjiang Province] Local Police Abuse Falun Gong Practitioners

Wang Hua (a pseudonym, female, 45 years old) works at a factory in Heilongjiang. She was detained for distributing Falun Gong materials on December 23rd of 2000, and she was tortured and persecuted during her detention. Here is her account of what happened.

I was detained on the night of December 23rd of 2000. After I was arrested, I was beaten periodically. They began by slapping my face and punching my chest, while cursing me with the dirtiest language. My face was bruised severely, and my eyes filled up with blood, causing my vision to blur. They hit me with books so hard that I could not lift up my bruised arms. They rolled up books and placed them in front of my chest, and then punched the books hard with their fists. They said that this way it was easier to cause internal injuries, and I really did feel sharp pains inside my chest. Immediately after, they struck me on the neck and the lymph nodes, causing it extremely difficult for me to breathe. After they finished with my upper body, they started with my lower body. They made me sit on the ground and spread my legs, and Chen Liangjun stomped on my groin hard while wearing shoes, causing me to almost pass out in pain. My thighbones felt like they were dislocated and broken, and I could not stand up for half a day. Afterwards, just walking became an ordeal. They then thought of even worse ways to torture me. Two policemen grabbed and pinched my underarms, and then they hit me on my breasts. Afterwards, they took my shoes off and whipped my feet with their belts, causing my feet to swell up so much that I could not put them on the ground. I endured great physical pain and mental anguish, but I still withstood 12 hours of "interrogation". When I returned to my cell, I was dizzy and had constant nightmares. This is the greatest humiliation and violation I have ever endured. I sincerely hope that the supervising departments can seriously look into this matter and punish the responsible parties.

[Guangdong Province] More Reports of Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners

Last December, in order to prevent Dafa practitioners from going to Zhuhai to promote Falun Gong, the police departments of Guangdong conducted a massive round of arrests. From the night of December 14th to the morning of the 15th, they arrested all known practitioners they could find and turned them over to the Central Falun Gong Office of each city. The practitioners were held in the local detention centers, where they were supervised by the "610 Office" and kept under 24-hour surveillance by the local policemen and the members of the Central Falun Gong Office.

As of now, most of the practitioners have not been released. In order to protest the groundless detention, some of the practitioners have been conducting a hunger strike. The eight practitioners from Chigang Street of the Haizhu district in Guangzhou City have been hunger striking since January 8th.

Some of the locations in Haizhu district of Guangzhou City where Dafa practitioners are being held:

1. Longfeng Street: Guangdong Province Gonglu Office Reception Center.

2. Chigang Street: Haiyang Office Nanhai Branch Reception Center.

3. Xingang Street: Guangdong Province Light Industry School Reception Center.

4. Sushe Street: Jinhui Florists

[Beijing] Account of a Dafa Practitioner Released from the Miyun Detention Center

On December 31st, we went to Tiananmen Square. When we got there, we saw many practitioners unfurling their banners and then quickly being arrested and packed into police vans. Because an elderly woman and a middle-aged man refused to get into the van, they were surrounded and beaten by several policemen. Three other practitioners and I also saw another female practitioner being questioned and beaten by the police. Two of us held up a banner saying "Fa Rectifying the Human World," while another began to pass out flyers. When we were arrested and taken to the Tiananmen police station, several other practitioners were already there. A middle-aged woman's head was bleeding, and several other practitioners had bleeding cuts on their hands. When I refused to have my mug shot taken, they pushed me down to the ground. Five or six people stepped on my hands, feet, and chest while grabbing my hair and hitting my face. Another practitioner and I were transferred to another police station that evening. Because we refused to tell them our names and addresses, they tried to shock us with electric batons. After finding that the electric batons were out of batteries, the policemen used iron rods to hit us. Later, they taped paper with words slandering Master Li on my chest, which I promptly tore up. Afterwards, they beat me and threw me outside onto the ice to freeze. There, the policemen took my coat off and beat me. At midnight, they returned me to my cell and continued the interrogation the next day. They tried many lies, promising to give me Dafa reading material and providing food and water, which I refused. When they saw that I was still resisting, they took me handcuffed outside again. When I went back to the cell, I saw a practitioner there who was more than fifty years old. Because she performed the exercises, the police soaked her with cold water, and she needed help from all of us to change clothes. Whenever someone was interrogated, all of us stood up together to "suffocate the evil" and would not cooperate. The police would then viciously beat us and drag us out. As time went on, the practitioners in our cell started hunger strikes, and they were gradually released. I returned to my hometown, continuing to exist as a particle of Dafa and doing what I should do.

[Harbin City, Helongjiang Province] Local Police Ambush practitioners

According to reliable sources, the police department of the Daoli district set an ambush at the Anfa Bridge. A few nights earlier, four students from the Harbin Workers University were arrested at the bridge while hanging banners there. There are also some policemen working undercover as taxi drivers. They intentionally bring up the subject of Falun Gong with passengers to see if they are practitioners. We hope that when telling the truth and hanging up banners, everyone will be careful and watch out for their safety.

[Tibet] Singapore Practitioner Arrested in Tibet

Guo Wenqi (female, 24) is a master's graduate student in the industrial management department at the Singapore National University. When she went back to China for vacation in the middle of November last year, she was arrested while introducing Falun Gong to people in Tibet. Her family has heard that she is steadfast in her beliefs, and the police will not release her from imprisonment in Tibet. School has started already, and we hope that the kind people of the world will do what they can to help, so that she can return to her studies as soon as possible.

[Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioners Sentenced at Secret Trials

On January 6th, four practitioners were practicing the exercises in a park when they were arrested and taken away by the police to a detention center in Ying City. Two female practitioners named Chen Jingzhi and Huang Wenying, who went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, were also sent to a detention center in Ying City. Chen Jingzhi was a teacher at the school for the kids of the factory workers, and she was very popular among the students due to her kind nature. Huang Wenying was a worker at the factory. According to the driver who took them back from Beijing, they were beaten so badly that their features were barely recognizable. Chen Ming, Wang Zhiqiang (male), and Wang Jianrong (female) were secretly tried and sentenced, without even having their families notified. Because Chen Ming did not cooperate and continued to practice the exercises, she was beaten to the point of not being able to stand up. All of the practitioners are quite firm in their resolve to continue practicing Falun Gong.

[Sichuan Province] Sichuan Labor Camp Continues to Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners

The Ziyang Dayan Labor Station still continues to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Practitioner Zheng Fangjun, a farmer from Suining City, is being held after he finished serving the term of his original sentence. Another practitioner, Wang Xiwei, was transferred to the "intensive training" division to be put under stricter supervision because he insisted on practicing the exercises. Practitioner Wang Haigan was reassigned to the sixth division to perform hard labor. Practitioners Wu Rongyao and Luo Zhengui wanted to rescind their previous declarations of regret over practicing Falun Gong, and they were further persecuted. Luo was sent to the "intensive training" division, while Wu was sent to the brick factory's fourth division. Everyday after the mandatory hard labor, he has to attend "study sessions" and roll up firecrackers. A normal labor camp prisoner has a quota of 200 sticks per day, while Wu's quota was originally 600, then increased to 800 and again to 1000.

[Fuyu County, Heilongjiang Province] List of practitioners sent to labor camps

Zhao Zhigang - sentenced to two years for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November of 1999.

Cui Xunjian- sentenced to two years for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November of 1999.

Liu Chunfu - sentenced to one and a half years for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November of 1999.

Guo Qing - sentenced to one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November of 1999.

Deng Qingshan - sentenced to one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November of 1999.

Guo Yan - sentenced to one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November of 1999. Because she tried to tell the truth about Falun Gong to the government multiple times, her sentence was increased by seven more months.

Cui Lihui - sentenced to one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Because she tried to tell the truth about Falun Gong to the government multiple times, her sentence was increased by seven more months.

Xu Quanfeng - sentenced to one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He was further persecuted for insisting on holding appeals for Falun Gong to the government. Xu was sent to Qiqihaer City on December 28th of 2000 for "medical intervention". He has not been allowed to have contact with his family at all.

Zhang Yuhong - sentenced to one year. Because she tried to tell the truth about Falun Gong to the government multiple times, her sentence was increased by three more months.

Tao Hongyan - sentenced to one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. The sentence was later extended by three months.

Liu Tong - sentenced to one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong.

Ma Huixian, Piao Renfeng - sentenced to one year each.

Liu Yanbo - sentenced to two years.

Wang Shaohui, Zhang Xingyu, Ma Fengqi, Ma Liangfeng, and two others - sentenced to one year each.

Zhang Honghe - sentenced to two years.

Gao Qingge - sentenced to one year.

Daqing Practitioner Yang Guoqing was detained for fifteen days for going to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa. Later when he refused to write a promise not to practice anymore, his sentence was extended for two months. His father went to the officials at his workplace asking them to secure his release. But they were afraid they would be fired if Yang went back to Beijing again and refused to release him. According to a policeman, if Yang does not write the pledge in the next two months, he will be sent directly to the labor camps.

A local policeman named Li Guiren is known for viciousness when interrogating practitioners. He verbally degrades and physically abuses all practitioners, including elderly practitioners. In a recent automobile accident, Li suffered a fracture of the skull and broke his leg.

[Chongqing City, Sichuan Province] A Proclamation from Yongchuan Practitioners

All written pledges by Yongchuan practitioners promising to give up Falun Gong are hereby rescinded.