Brief Summary of inhuman treatment Falun Dafa (Falun Gong) practitioners received in China
Many practitioners were severely tortured, and following are just few examples
- * The detained/arrested practitioners have been tortured, denied use of washroom, or not being fed for long period of time, forced to do hard labor and received many other kinds of cruel treatments. One witness who was released from a Changchun detention center said, "Regardless of whether they are male or female, they are being beaten up with all their clothes stripped off. Wounds can be found all over their bodies. Even pregnant women haven't escaped such inhumane treatment. Ms. Xu (a practitioner) was handcuffed, hung up by a rope, and beaten. There are wounds all over her back.". Another adds from Jiaozhou city, Shandong province: "To force them to confess, some were not allowed to sleep for five days and nights, and not allowed to eat for three days. After they were badly beaten, police threatened them and told them not to talk about the situation they faced in custody. In the countryside, many practitioners were forced to submit large amounts of money as a deposit to guarantee that they would not go to appeal to Beijing."
- Some practitioners were sent to mental hospitals and locked up with mental patients. Wei Huayu, who works for the Jiaozhuo Accounting Firm, and Tan Guihua, who works for the Third Shoe Factory of Jiaozhuo, were forced to accept tranquilizer injections (or sedatives) for more than 20 days in a mental hospital, because they do not give up practicing Falun Gong.
- Numerous cases of hunger strike have taken place in many detention centers nation wide to protest the illegal ban of Falun Gong and the illegal custody of the practitioners. Some practitioners were beaten and physically abused even during the hunger strike. One witness from Changping county, Beijing said"after three days without eating any food or drinking any water, they were ordered by the policemen to stand in the burning sun for 3 hours. Some vomited out gall, some sweated until dehydrated. But they were not allowed to drink water or squat down. Whoever squat down will be beaten with fist or kicked with feet."
- A Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Zhao Jinhua from Shangdong province, was tortured and beaten to death on October 7 during custody by police, because she would not promise to stop practicing Falun Gong.
- Another practitioner, Zhu shaolan from Jinzhou city, died of hunger strike for the freedom to practice Falun Gong on October 5. She was detained after she signed an appeal letter for their freedom to practice Falun Gong and started hunger strike with other 40 practitioners to protest the injustice.
- Professor, Ms. Zhu Hang in Dalian, was tortured with "Di Lao" (translated literally as the "Prison in Hell") device that held her unable to move. As a result, she was not allowed to use toilet or eat on her own.
- Police also heat iron bars and use them to beat practitioners.
- Police used leather toed shoes to kick the stomach of one 8-month pregnant women.
Brief Summary of What Happened to Falun Gong in China after July 20
Hundreds of volunteer coordinators were arrested in their homes during the early morning hours on July 20th.
Tens of thousands of practitioners were arbitrarily detained, beaten, and punished for appealing to the government agencies for releasing the arrested.
Chinese government on July 22nd banned Falun Gong. Tens of millions of Chinese civilians are deprived of their basic human rights to practice a health improving exercise and to read a virtuous book.
Falun Gong books and videos have been confiscated, pulped and burned.
The state propaganda machine intensified the campaign to defame Falun Dafa with fabricated stories and false accusations nation-wide for nearly two months.
Falun Dafa practitioners in China are forced to choose between practicing Falun Dafa and maintaining their party memberships, jobs, education, and pensions.
Practitioners were also forced to make false statements about the practice and to swear that they will stop cultivating.
Practitioners who would not renounce Falun Dafa have lost their jobs and means of providing for themselves and their families.
The arrested volunteer coordinators, and those who refuse to denounce Falun Dafa, will be prosecuted and could face severe
Lawyers are ordered not to represent Falun Dafa practitioners and to conform to the government's policy (that is, involvement in any Falun Dafa activities is illegal).
China issued an international arrest order for Master. Li, which Interpol refused to enforce.
Practitioners who are found continuing practice will be detained and severely tortured.