At present, for every disciple both inside
and outside of China, clarifying the truth of Falun Gong to people around the world is the
most important task in "assisting the teacher in the human world".
Letter from a Practitioner: Reflections after Reading "A Reference
Greetings XX at Dafa Association,
After reading Teachers article A Reference for Prophecies, I remembered
the prophecies in a book called Notes Left by Ge An which has been circulating in
Korea. It makes detailed predictions about Falun Dafa. Now I will briefly describe them as
- Background information of Notes Left by Ge An
Notes Left by Ge An contains the secrets obtained by the great Korean scholar and
astronomer Nan Shigu (1509-1571) when he met a sage in his youth in Kum Kang San Mountain
(a mountain in Korea). Nan Shigu later assumed the name of Ge An, which is why the book is
named as Notes Left by Ge An. Actually, Nan Shigu was just taking notes according
to instructions of the sage. Even Nan Shigu himself who was very knowledgeable about
astronomy and geography could not comprehend its entire meaning.
Notes Left by Ge An was hidden from the world for 450 years. In 1986, a Korean
scholar, whose last name was Xin, started to explore the books meaning for the first
time. By the end of 1980s, this book had become a hot topic in South Korea.
Notes Left by Ge An is a great prophecy book, unrivaled in the world. It has a
great amount of detail describing the Great King of Falun descending to this world to
teach the Great Fa [the laws and principles of the universe] and Great Tao, and saving all
sentient beings at the present time. It has mentioned clearly Falun Gong and the Falun
Emblem, as well as the persecution of Falun Gong in China. It points out clearly that the
great sage is named Li, who will start to teach the Fa and the exercises in Changchun (a
city in Jilin province, northeast China). The Fa that he teaches is the Fa that compasses
all other teachings in one at this period of time.
- The book unmistakably hinted about the a sage named Li and Great Fa and Great Tao he
- Who is the sage? He is named after wood (Li in Chinese means plum tree). He has
the sign of the rabbit (born in 1951), born in April (of lunar calendar) at the north of
the 38th parallel and in Gongzhuling under the Three Deity Mountain (Changbai
Mountain in northeast China). He was born under the direction of "Gen", which
corresponds to the northeast direction.
- This sage is the king of all kings in heaven, that is, the Great King of Falun. People
will refer to him as Buddha Maitreya when he descends to this world. He is the sage who
teaches the orthodox Tao.
- "Three Words and Two Whites" mentioned in the book: the three words are
Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truthfullness-Compassion-Forbearence), and the two whites are white heart
and white body (refer to cultivation of xinxing [the nature of the mind or the heart] and
transformation of benti [ones physical body and bodies in other dimensions]).
- The book describes in great detail the Falun Emblem.
- It has mentioned that Falun Gong has effects of "clear circulation",
"small clear circulation" and "unblocking the passages and channels".
- It clearly indicates that Sage Li will start his teaching in Changchun ("green
forest", which is what Changchun means in Chinese).
- In the section Statement about Dharma Ending Period, the book describes in detail
that on the (July) 20th in the summer, Dafa will be persecuted by evil beings.
- It has mentioned that after enduring the tribulations, practitioners in China will see
"daylight in the future."
- It clearly indicates that after some years, the Chinese government will change its
policy against Dafa [the Great Law, the laws and the principles of the universe].
- Those who persecute Dafa will perish forever, and the day for hundreds of millions of
practitioners all over the world to celebrate will eventually come. It warns people do not
turn away from Dafa because of those temporary tribulations. Those who leave Dafa will
perish, and those who follow will prevail.
- The Fa that Sage Li teaches is the orthodox Fa that is flawless. It clearly points out
that people should study the Fa and read the books more.
- It says that the sage will not live in the capital city, and he will travel to the west.
- The time of his teaching will not be very long.
- No escape from prison. Dafa practitioners will suffer the tribulation of jail terms.
- It states clearly that even though people in China are suffering great tribulations,
most of the practitioners will be like "birds not leaving the branches", and it
is hard for the vicious slander of the state authorities to change peoples mind.
- All religions at the time are no longer effective. The only way out is to attain the Fa
quickly praying to heaven everyday will not lead you a single step towards heaven,
chanting "Buddha Amitahba" everyday will not lead you to the Paradise of
- It has clearly described those important historical moments, one by one. It also points
out when the Dharma Ending Period is. Mankind in this age will be destroyed in a
"strange disease", and it is hard for even one out ten households to survive.
- It emphasizes that the key to the cultivation practice in this time is cultivating
xinxing, "preserving life at the half-moon shape under the triangle mountain"
(referring to Clear Moon Lake in Changchun).
- It states that the current events happening now in China were arranged several thousand
Ill send you the original book in the future when there is an opportunity.
A Korean Practitioner
July 10, 2000
(Translated on September 7, 2000 from http://www.minghui.cc/gb/0001/Sep/07/ge_an_yi_lu.html)