Ms. Fan Wenfang  was arrested seven times and taken to the detention center, and sent three times to a forced labor camp by the Fuyang City 610 Office and the local State Security Bureau. Between March 2000 and March 2001, the Fuyang City 610 Office arrested and sent Ms. Fan to the Hefei Women's Forced Labor Camp. While in detention, Ms. Fan suffered from forced feeding many times. Each time, the forced-feeding was directed by the guard and carried out by six to seven inmates. They used three large steel ladles and a prying device to forcibly open her mouth. Clumps of Ms. Fan's hair were pulled out in the process. Her ears and nose were severely injured, and she her lips, mouth, tongue and throat bled. Ms. Fan was sent home in March 2001 after she was tortured to near death. Before she fully recovered, Ms. Fan was arrested and taken to the same forced labor camp. Once again, she was not released until she was again on the verge of death.

In December 2001, under orders from the Fuyang 610 Office, Mei Gang of the Yingzhou District led several people to Ms. Fan's home and took her to a brainwashing center. Ms. Fan refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong and went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The 610 Office released her several days later.

At the beginning of 2002, Ms. Fan was once again sent to the Hefei Women's Forced Labor Camp. She was later released when she was on the verge of death.

On May 25, 2003, under orders from the Fuyang City 610 Office, the State Security Bureau in Fuyang City arrested Ms. Fan and took her to the Linquan Detention Center, where she was secretly detained for more than six months. The police force-fed her with water mixed with hot peppers and unknown drugs. One time they stripped off her clothes while doing the force feeding.

After Ms. Fan was illegally sentenced, she was taken to the Suzhou Women's Prison in Anhui Province, where she suffered persecution for more than one year. Every day they would gag her mouth with a cloth, pull her hair, and grab her legs and push her back and forth on the ground as if pulling a wheelbarrow. She lost all her teeth due to the brutal force feedings. In 2005, the prison officials declared that Ms. Fan Wenfang had died.