The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- May 29, 2007

Issued by Clearwisdom Net


  • The Suffering of a Mother

  • Police Use Drug Addicts to Torture Falun Gong Practitioners in Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp, Changsha City, Hunan Province

  • The Cases of Falun Gong Practitioners Being Persecuted in Tieli City, Heilongjiang Province

  • The Suffering of a Mother

    I have searched hard for the proper words but I don't seem to be able to find any that accurately describe the feelings of a mother for her children.

    This story is about an ordinary mother with two daughters and a son. Her younger daughter, who is married to an army officer that worked in an airport, is cheerful and open. Her son is the youngest. Except for the older daughter, the whole family practices Falun Gong, and everyone searches inward if they have any problem. Thus, conflicts were resolved very quickly. Her whole family was really warm and happy. However, this good environment did not last long because on July 20, 1999, the persecution of Falun Gong started.

    Her son Zheng Zhicheng was sentenced to three years in 1999 because he practices Falun Gong. At the end of 2002, he was sentenced to three more years. He finally returned home in 2005 and got married to Cheng Chao, a pretty and kind Falun Gong practitioner, at the end of 2005.

    Her son-in-law Wei Danquan was forced to retire from the army after the persecution began. His home was frequently ransacked, and he was monitored and detained many times. In 2001, he was arrested by officers from the Nan'guan Police Station and detained for over four months at the Third Detention Center of the Shanhaiguan District in Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province. He contracted tuberculosis while he was imprisoned under brutal conditions. In 2003, he was sent to a forced labor camp. In 2004, the police department, the Procuratorate, and the Shanhaiguan District Court attempted to sentence him unlawfully. In 2005, he was arrested secretly by the National Security Bureau. Each time he was detained, he was released only after his tuberculosis recurred and his health was severely damaged.

    Seeing their son and son-in-law mistreated so terribly, her husband could not bear the trauma and passed away.

    In April 14, 2007, the newly appointed Party Secretary Shi Baoliang and the newly appointed director of the Shanhaiguan City Police Department Zhao Ran tried to use the persecution of Falun Gong to advance their careers. They started to aggressively persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Mr. Zheng Zhicheng, her son; Mr. Wei Danquan, her son-in-law; and Ms. Cheng Chao, her daughter, were arrested in succession. Mr. Zheng is now detained in the First Detention Center of Qinhuangdao City, Mr. Wei is in the Baoding City Forced Labor Camp, and Ms. Cheng is in the Kaiping District Forced Labor Camp of Tangshan City.

    The mother had moved in with her son after he got married. Although they didn't have much income, they were quite happy. Of all the members of this previously happy family, only the elderly mother is left at home, waiting for her son and daughter-in-law, who may never return. Of her younger daughter's family, only the daughter and granddaughter remain.

    This mother's son, daughter-in-law, and son-in-law are all being unjustly detained. Can you imagine what she must be feeling?

    Chinese version available at

    Police Use Drug Addicts to Torture Practitioners in Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp, Changsha City, Hunan Province

    The authorities of Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Hunan Province have selected group after group of drug addicts to be their goons. The authorities tempt them with personal benefits to become "monitors."

    The guards frequently train and encourage them to torture Falun Gong practitioners. The police instill slogans in them such as "being kind to Falun Gong practitioners is just being cruel to yourself."

    Policeman Xiao Jie told them to "unite to deal with Falun Gong."

    Team leader Su Yi said, "I wish I could just kill Falun Gong practitioners."

    The guards established various positions, including an internal on-duty, external on-duty post, a captain for all monitors, small team leaders for the monitors, and underground monitors. Below are accounts of what has happened in wards A and C:

    Ward A: Practitioners are forced to sit in a box of only 0.36 square meters for long periods of time, with hands on their knees and eyes looking straight ahead. As no movements and no talking are allowed, the monitors have to bring food to the practitioners, who are allowed to use the toilet three times per day. These monitors take turns forcing practitioners to listen to CCP propaganda. They also taunt practitioners and say things like, "Why don't you dare to hit the wall with your head? Either scream out or sit down in obedience. Don't make my situation so awkward. We really treat you so well, I never treated even my parents that well."

    Ward C: There is a place outside of ward C that appears to be an exercise and entertainment center. In ward C, practitioners are forced to stand up straight and remain motionless for long periods of time, and later they were forced to stand on a single leg. The monitors wrote the name of the founder of Falun Gong all over the floor, leaving only a blank space of no more than one foot. Then they forced practitioners to stand there with both arms spread out to their sides and two cans filled with phlegm hanging from their arms. At the same time, another can with phlegm is put on top of their heads. Practitioners are also forced to wash their faces with this phlegm. The monitors whipped the practitioners' faces with leather shoes and pounded their fingers and toes with heavy weights. After the practitioners were forced to stand like this for prolonged periods, they propped up practitioners' eye lids with small bamboo sticks to deprive them of sleep. They do this until the practitioners cannot stand the torture any longer and agree to write the so-called three statements promising to give up Falun Gong practice.

    On July 23, 2007, practitioner Li Wei was forced to stand on bricks that had been heated in a furnace in the scorching hot summer. He was also constantly bombarded with propaganda and otherwise mentally tortured, causing him to suffer a mental collapse and jump out of a building.

    Liu Heqing was savagely beaten for a long time. He was frequently woken up, pulled from his cell and beaten. On one occasion over ten officers on duty pulled him out to the hall and beat him for several hours. The beating caused him to suffer a mental collapse. The police gave bonus rewards to those who had beaten him.

    Peng Derong was tied up on a bed by eight monitors, stripped of all his clothing and not allowed to use the toilet. The guards and monitors injected him with shots and force-fed him with large amounts of drugs, causing him to become mentally ill.

    Liu Zhengtian is in his fifties. Once a policeman named Dou went to the cell and slapped Liu Zhengtian's face over thirty times, saying that he had not cleaned his cell well. Due to the constant high pressure, Liu developed severe heart problems, and the doctor said that he would live for no more than six more months due to his precarious health.

    Xiao Sixian was locked up in a solitary cell for fifteen months. One of his teeth was knocked loose from being beaten and he developed illness symptoms. There is a lack of blood going to his heart. He also has hypertension, headaches, bowel incontinence, and severe back problems.

    Peng Anlin was summoned several times by the police to their office and forced with extreme tortures to say that he was a "forced labor" practitioner. It caused him to become mentally unstable.

    Ge Hui has developed high blood pressure (280) as a result of the abuse he has suffered.

    During the past eight years, nearly 900 practitioners have been detained in Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp. Among them there are several dozen practitioners who were tortured by police officers and drug addicts to the point of mental instability. Around ten practitioners were paralyzed due to torture. A few dozen developed terminal illnesses or heart disease due to torture, and many are showing symptoms of hypertension. Meanwhile, the torture is still going on.

    Chinese version available at

    The Cases of Falun Gong Practitioners Being Persecuted in Tieli City, Heilongjiang Province

    Since April 2005, the police in Tieli City, Heilongjiang Province have been indiscriminately arresting Falun Gong practitioners and ransacking their homes. Over ten practitioners, including Lu Mei, Zhou Shuhai, Cheng Peifeng, Sun Yuemin, Tong Yuxia, Sun Yuqiu, Liu Hongtu, Zhu Hui, and Zhou Shuzhang were arrested. The following describes the situation in which these practitioners are being persecuted with great effort by multiple parties.

    Liu Hongtu: On September 25, 2005, Fan Guojun, director of the 610 Office of the Tieli City Police Station in Heilongjiang Province, colluded with policeman Zhu Hong as more than ten people plotted to send Falun Gong practitioner Liu Hongtu to the First Detention Center of Tieli City. Practitioner Liu Hongtu, a taxi driver, suffered brutal torture in the detention center. In March 2006, Liu Hongtu was illegally sentenced to five years in prison. On June 1, 2006, he was transferred to Hulan Prison in Heilongjiang Province, where he continuously suffered persecution. Prisoners Wang Dengming, Zheng Taiping and others forcibly tried to "transform" Falun Gong practitioners after being incited and instigated by the prison guards. The practitioners were forced to stand for long periods of time as physical punishment. Perpetrators used plastic tubes to whip the head, back and legs of the practitioners. They also threatened, "You'll be beaten every day if you don't yield."

    They also used other base methods to deceive and confuse Falun Gong practitioners. In July 2006, Liu Hongtu was transferred to Daqing Prison.

    Sun Yuemin was forcibly arrested at home on September 30, 2005 by police officers Ma Zhansheng and Su Biao, from the Dong Gang Police Substation of Tieli City. His home was ransacked as well. Tieli City police secretly took Sun Yuemin and detained him in a special room at the First Detention Center of Tieli City to interrogate him with torture. He was forced to wear a torture instrument called "big branch stick" that weights 44 lbs, is 50 centimeter long and 2 inches wide, and has steel rings on both sides. They beat practitioner Sun Yuemin and constantly cursed him, "We'll beat you to death if you don't talk..." When they saw it was not taking effect, they switched to more malicious persecution methods. The police tied his legs together with ropes, and his hands were handcuffed behind his back. He was sitting in a large metal chair, with both hands lifted from behind and suspended from the chair back. Afterwards, two other policemen stretched the ropes that tied his legs. At this time his body was hanging in the air. From behind, a police officer pressed on his shoulders ferociously, causing excruciating pain. This is one of the methods that authorities commonly use to torture Falun Gong practitioners. After the torture, they sent Sun Yuemin to the detention center. In January 2006 Sun Yuemin was illegally sentenced to 3.5 years of prison. On June 1, 2006, he was transferred to Hulan Prison, in Heilongjiang Province. He was forced to stand for long periods of time and forced to get up at 5:00 a.m. every day. Six people were squeezed onto one 2-meter wide bed. He was not allowed to use bathroom all day long. This place was nerve-wracking, dark and full of terror.

    Zhou Shuhai is also a Falun Gong practitioner from Tieli City, Heilongjiang Province. He works in the Strategy Research Office of the Yichun City Government. On October 29, 2005, he was deceived and arrested by police officers Zheng Hongde, Sun Xu from Tieli City Police Station, and policemen Fan Guangjun, and Chen Tie from the Tieli City 610 Office. The police threatened and tortured him with the cruel hanging torture. On April 1, 2006, Zhou Shuhai was illegally sentenced to five and a half years in prison. In June 2006, he was sent to Hulan Prison in Heilongjiang Province. The guards ordered criminal prisoners Zheng Taiping and Wang Dengming to persecute him. He was forced to stand for long periods of time, deprived of sleep, and whipped with plastic tubes. Guards Wang and Zheng also ordered the newly arrived prisoners to torture him with the method called "push, break off, and dig." He still has a wound one centimeter in size above his left eyebrow. In July 2006, practitioner Zhou Shuhai was transferred to the 4th ward of Daqing Prison. Because of the severe injury to both his body and mind, he started to become very thin and had difficulty taking in food. When his family visited him, he was carried by other prisoners to the visitation room. He had become emaciated and his voice was weak. His family received a message saying he had an intestinal obstruction. He could barely take in any food, and had constant diarrhea. He is in critical condition. Falun Gong practitioners who see this message, especially practitioners from Tieli area: please contact his family immediately and clarify the truth to them. In the meantime please work with his family to get him out of the prison.

    Zhou Shuzhang was arrested by the same group of police described above. His younger brother Zhou Shuhai was arrested on the same day. In the criminal police team and detention center, he also suffered from the brutal hanging torture. In Hulan Prison, prisoners Zheng Taiping and Wang Dengming beat him and forced him to write a pledge denouncing Falun Gong. He was forced to stand for long periods of time, whipped with plastic tubes, beaten and kicked. Now he is being persecuted in the third zone of Daqing Prison.

    All of the other practitioners were detained in the detention center except Lu Mei, who was sent to Heilongjiang Women's Prison. Every day they were forced to make match boxes. If they refused, they were handcuffed from behind. The details are not complete at this point.

    Chinese version available at