The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- April 27, 2007

Issued by Clearwisdom Net


  • Witness the Persecution Facts about the Family of Li Yiming and Li Yichang in Luocheng County, Shandong Province

  • The Persecution of Mr. Chu Liwen and His Son, Chu Qinghua

  • Fanjiatai Prison at Hubei Province Denies Wife's Visit for Four Years

  • Mr. Xiang Shihua from Chongqing Sentenced to Prison

  • Witness the Persecution Facts about the Family of Li Yiming and Li Yichang in Luocheng County, Shandong Province

    I am a village council member. In the beginning, I had no impression about Falun Gong, but I watched them and wondered what were these people were up to. Through my observations, now I know that Falun Gong is a good practice and Falun Gong practitioners are good people. I also read material about Falun Gong from time to time. At the beginning, I did not believe it, but after I witnessed and experienced the personalities of several practitioners, I felt sorry for them. After reading the persecution facts in some (truth-clarifying) materials, I decided to write down what I witnessed and heard, hoping those who participated in the persecution could regain their conscience.

    On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong. The government of Luocheng County, Shouguang city, sent people to gather Falun Gong practitioners to a village council. They then asked them to submit all of their books and write statements that they would "Stop Practice" otherwise they would not be allowed to go back home. Among the persecuted there was a family of five (Li Yiming and Li Yichang are brothers), their parents, and the wife of Li Yiming). Since Li Yiming and Li Yichang persisted in their beliefs and refused to write statements, they were held and taken to the county government. The county government asked them to pay 2000 yuan worth of fines and sent them back home. The brothers felt they had been wrongly treated, so they decided to appeal. However, before they did so, they were reported by the Village CCP secretary Sang Huidong. At midnight, the county government kidnapped all Falun Gong practitioners in the village and took them to the village council. They took off their jackets (it was the coldest season of the year) and made them freeze for an entire night.

    Next day, the county government purchased 9 sets of handcuffs and some rope. They cuffed all the practitioners and strung them together with the rope, with one person every meter (three feet), and walked them to the county government.

    There the practitioners were forced to hold a tree or pole with their hands cuffed together; displayed and humiliated in public. At night, they were cuffed onto chairs in a room with the windows left open. After two days, most of the practitioners paid fines and went home. Only Li Yiming and his wife refused to pay the money. So the persecution continued. During this period, Li Yiming's 7-year-old daughter was at home alone. After 5-6 days, the county government could not find a way out and sent the couple home. On the way home, the county sheriff said, "Sang Huidong reported you to get some money. Looks like he is not going to get any."

    In mid-Apriil, 2000, Li Yiming and his brother went to Beijing to appeal. They were kidnapped by the county government and sent back to the county police station for detention.

    After 15 days, they were sent back to the village council and suffered inhuman persecution there. 7-8 people stood in a trailer. The brothers were asked to lift up the trailer. If they could not lift it, they were beaten. One of Li Yichang's bones was broken. One person kicked Li Yiming so hard that the heel of his shoe snapped off. (only sketchy details of this time are available). Similar torture continued for half a month.

    The authorities later kidnapped all Falun Gong practitioners again, taking them to the village council for brainwashing and torture. They were left outside exposed to the hot sun for extended periods of time in the heat of the day (it was above 30 degrees Celsius, about 90 degrees Fahrenheit). At night, they were not allowed to sleep. They were not even allowed to go home for meals.

    The 4-person family of Li Yiming was abducted, so no one came to deliver food for them. The torture continued for 9 days. Most people paid money and went back home for wheat harvest. Li Yiming and his brother did not pay the money and were not allowed to go home. At that time, they already stayed in the village council for more than 20 days. All the families' wheat was harvested except for Li Yiming's. It was also routine that during wheat harvesting season the county would inspect the families' wheat crop. If any family did not harvest their wheat, it meant that the village was not managed well. The CCP secretary of the village, Sang Huidong was afraid that this would affect his "reputation" and "future development," so he took Li Yiming's TV set and recliner as mortgage and let them go home. Till now, the recliner is still in the office of the village council.

    After 10 days, Sang Huidong and vice director of the village council Chen Denghe sent Li Yiming and his brother to the Beiluo Mental Hospital for "treatment". They tricked Fu Lianhua (another practitioner) and the wife of Li Yiming to the police station and did not allow them to go home. The following day, they kidnapped more than 10 practitioners in the county and persecuted them. Practitioners were exposed to the sun during the day. At night, they were beaten in the darkness. They were not allowed to eat or drink (not even cold water). People from the county government took turns in beating them. Even people from the birth control department and child care center also joined in the wicked persecution. At the beginning, government clerks did the beating. After they got tired, they hired gangsters from society to do the job. They detained more than 10 practitioners and confined them onto a small patio. Every practitioner was beaten by 3-4 people. The situation continued for 7-8 days. Most of the practitioners paid 15,000 yuan and went home. Only Li Yiming and his wife etc. (4 people) refused to pay the money. At night, they were detained in a room and had their hands beaten with wooden boards. However, they still refused to give up the practice. They were then injected with drugs, disrupting their central nervous system. The torture continued for about half a month. The four of them were sent to the Beiluo Mental Hospital for more persecution.

    After arriving at the mental hospital, the four of them were injected with drugs yet again. They lost consciousness. Since then, three times per day they were injected with drugs. They were also forced to take drugs orally. Some of them felt extreme pain after the injections and knocked things around. Li Yiming and his brother were also injected with and forced to ingest various drugs. They resisted but doctors and nurses beat them until they could not move, then injected them. After half a month, the brothers could not move their bodies or heads. The doctors realized that they could not hold it any more, so they stopped giving injections, but still forced them to take the oral drugs. In order to get their release, the elderly from the family paid 12,000 yuan to the hospital. The hospital agreed to release them but the county government refused. Finally, the only solution the family could find was selling their crops and borrowing money from others. They paid 9000 yuan to the county government. After this, Li Yiming, his brother, and their wives went home.

    After returning home, Li Yiming and his brothers still experienced extreme pain from the injections. They continued to study Fa and do the exercises. After more than half a month they recovered. People from the county government kept harassing them. Li Yiming was forced to find a job elsewhere. Until the end of 2002, the county government sent people to watch and follow them. They ransacked Li Yiming's home twice. Finally they took away 2,000 yuan that was hidden away in a chimney. Those who ransacked the home even said, "This family is so poor, they've only got 2000 yuan." Afterwards, Li Yiming brothers and their wives were made destitute and homeless.

    After becoming homeless, Li Yichang went to work at Changle County. In the winter of 2002, he came out at night to paint "Falun Dafa is Good" and was kidnapped by the Changle police. He was persecuted for about 3 months (no detail known about this) in the Changle Detention Center. Later he was sentenced 8 years in prison. Until now he is still in Jinan Prison. After he was sentenced, the village removed his residence registration. Li Yichang could not get a share even when dividing the land.

    After becoming homeless, Li Yiming went to work at Guangrao. Since he refused to give up his belief of "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance," the police and 610 office from Shouguang city kept following and watching him. Li Yiming was kidnapped by the Shouguang Police at the end of 2003. He was detained in Shouguang Detention Center for half a year and brutally tortured. It was said that Li Yiming was thrown into cold water and beaten until he lost conscious, after which they splashed him with cold water. Later he was sentenced to 12 years in prison. After the sentence, his family went to visit him and found that there were scars on his face. He is currently detained in Jinan Prison.

    Li Yiming and his brother went through brutal persecution. They were sentenced to 8 years and 10 years respectively. Their parents could not sustain the incidents and became physically weakened. They passed away in 2004 and 2006.

    Although I do not practice Falun Gong, I know the benefits of Falun Gong. As a witness of the persecution suffered by the family of Li Yiming, I write down their experiences. These are what I know and are all facts. There are also many things we do not know. I want to use these incidents to wake up those who still have kind hearts. By exposing these crimes, it also brings consolation to my conscience.

    The Persecution of Mr. Chu Liwen and His Son, Chu Qinghua

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Chu Liwen of Taibauzhuang District, Changyi-Waifang City, Shandong Province, was first illegally arrested in 2003. After that, he was moved from one detention center to another in the area of Waifeng City. Later on he was sentenced to five years in prison and sent to Weibei Prison. On the morning of March 30, 2005, Chu Liwen's son, Chu Qinghua, also a practitioner, and his younger sister went to visit their father at Weibei Prison. The guards in collusion with Chen Xiaodong from Changyi Police Department, arrested the brother and sister and sent them to the local police station. Chu Qinghua, who had just turned 20, was secretly and illegally sent to a labor camp for two and a half years. There he was tortured and received such ill-treatment that he is unable to work.

    Scars on Chu Qinghua's neck

    Ten-inch long scars on Chu Qinghua's body

    In Weibei Prison, Chu Liwen was tortured by four to five guards at the same time. They punched and kicked him while using electric batons. He was also tortured with iron plates placed on each side of his legs, which were compressed by turning screws to apply pressure. The iron plates were used off and on to see if he would promise to stop practicing Falun Gong. For over two months, Chu Liwen suffered tremendously under this kind of horrifying treatment. Soon, almost his whole body was injured. Before long he was unable to walk, and eventually he had to be carried out by prison guards.

    It was six months later that his son, Chu Qinghua, learned what had happened. Chu Qinghua asked to see his father many times but his requests were always denied. Finally, in the winter of 2004, he saw his father, who appeared much older, emaciated, and had a sallow complexion. His voice was shaky when he talked. His condition was very bad. His son was crying as he was forced to leave after visiting for only ten minutes.

    On March 30, 2005, Chu Qinghua and his sister again went to visit their father in Weibei Prison. This time there weren't any delays. The guards didn't give them any trouble, and they saw their father without waiting. They expected they should leave after the usual ten-minute visit, but the guards told them they could stay a little longer. The brother and sister didn't realize that it was a trick, so they stayed longer.

    When the visit ended and both brother and sister were leaving, they were stopped by a prison guard who wanted to talk with them. Just as they were entering the office they were grabbed by four policemen and taken to the local police station that day.

    They were detained in separate, tiny rooms. After being interrogated and beaten, the sister was released in the afternoon because she was not a practitioner. But Chu Qinghua, who is a practitioner, was secretly and illegally sent to a forced labor camp for a two-and-a-half-year term. On April 29, 2005, he was transferred to Shandong Province Second Forced Labor Camp, otherwise known as Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.

    Chu Qinghua's father, Chu Liwen, who experienced vicious and serious persecution in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, was able to leave with righteous thoughts. The whole camp knew about this. So when Chu Qinghua was admitted to the camp, he was tortured even more viciously. For the next three months he was forced to suffer the so-called "breaking the solid" type of "transformation." He was not allowed to sleep and was suspended by his limbs over a bed. He was lied to every day. Seeing that ordinary tricks didn't seem to work on him, guard Song Nan began shocking him with an electric baton. Chu Qinghua resisted by hitting his head against a wall. (Note: Hurting oneself or committing suicide is not in line with the principles of Falun Gong practice). He now has a scar on the side of his head. The Camp Education Department planned an inspection and investigation. The night before they were to arrive, guards Ma Lixin and Song Nan told Chu Qinghua how to answer the investigator's questions. If he didn't comply he would be punished.

    On August 18, 2005, at 8:15 a.m. guards forced the newly-arrested practitioners to take a written "test,"  which was designed to smear Falun Gong and Master Li. If the required answers were not produced, torture would follow.) When Chu Qinghua was told to take the test, he broke out of the waiting line shouting "Falun Dafa is good" in order to protest the so-called test. He ran straight to the stairway of the second floor of the building and jumped to the ground. He passed out and remained unconscious. He was taken to a military hospital where part of one lung was excised.

    Chu Qinghua remained unconscious in the hospital for several months. When he came to, the first words he spoke were "Falun Dafa is good." Consequently, he was returned to the labor camp for further persecution. He became mentally unbalanced and was left unable to walk or look after himself. He was sent to his uncle's home, who had to mortgage his house and automobile to be able to afford to look after him. Chu Qinghua remains unable to work.

    There has been no further news about Chu Liwen since his son and daughter visited him for the second time.

    Weibei Prison

    Weibei Prison general area (Team handling admission and brainwashing center

    Fanjiatai Prison in Hubei Province Denies Mr. Liu Shuisheng's Wife's Visit for Four Years

    Letter from the 610 Office is a Precondition for Jail Visit

    Mr. Liu Shuisheng, a Falun Gong practitioner, was abducted by the police on March 10, 2003 and quickly sentenced to prison. Mr. Liu Shuisheng was first imprisoned at Qinduankou Prison, Hubei Province. Recently he was transferred along with some other practitioners to the Fanjiatai Prison, Shayang County, Hubei Province, far away from his home. Both prisons did not allow the practitioner's family members, who are also practitioners, to visit. Ever since then, for more than four years, his wife Ms. Hu Mingxiu has been denied visitation.

    March 16, 2007 is a prison visit day. Ms. Hu Mingxiu and Mr. Liu Shuisheng's relatives went a long way to Fanjiatai Prison, Shayang County, Hubei Province. But the guards did not allow them to visit Mr. Liu Shuisheng. When his relatives asked the guards why they did not allow the wife to see the husband, the guards replied that only if she brought a letter from the 610 Office to certify that she was not a Falun Gong practitioner would she be allowed to visit him.

    In the four years since Mr. Liu Shuisheng was put in jail, Ms. Hu Mingxiu has raised their child by herself, enduring a lot of hardship. Not only has she never been allowed to see her husband, but also her letters to him are always opened and read by the guards. Her phone calls to him never go through and even the goods that she has brought for him are never allowed to be given to him.

    610 Office Document Hidden from the Public

    Mr. Hu Mingxiu's family member asked, "Which official document said that Falun Gong practitioners can not visit their relatives in prison? Please show it to us." The guard was speechless. After a while, he answered, "Prisons have prison rules. Relatives coming to visit inmates need to prove their identities first."

    His family member asked, "Isn't the Identification Card sufficient identification?" The guard replied, "No. It can't prove that she is his wife."

    "The Residence Card can show that. It is sufficient enough then?" The guard replied, "No. It is not enough."

    His family member said, "What you said does not make sense at all!" The guard could not answer.

    His family member said, "Even death row inmates have the right to be visited. Don't you know that it is violating the law by not allowing an inmate to be visited?" The guard replied, "You go and talk to the 610 Office." Then he called in several other guards to push them out of the office.

    Mr. Liu Shuisheng's Family Member Asked: "A Person Paralyzed Recovers After Practicing Falun Gong. What Crime Has He Committed?"

    Mr. Liu Shuisheng's family member told the guards: "Mr. Liu Shuisheng used to be paralyzed. He recovered after practicing Falun Gong. What crime did he commit?" Another family member said, "Falun Gong practitioners are good people. You put good people in prison and do not allow his wife to see him. You are violating the law. You are committing a crime!"

    One guard stood up trying to push them around. A guard whose ID number is 4244511 pushed this family member and held his arms, saying that he would be detained.

    Afraid of Exposure

    Mr. Liu Shuisheng's family member wrote down the guard's ID number, so a guard tried to grab the piece of paper. He called in a group of guards to help. They pushed Mr. Liu Shuisheng's family members out of the office. These guards started hiding when they saw his family members writing down their ID numbers.

    His family members insisted on visiting Mr. Liu Shuisheng and went back into the office. After a while, a guard came and said, "Mr. Liu Shuisheng eats well, drinks well and has a lot of fun here. You don't have to worry about him." One family member said, "If it is that good, why don't you stay in the cell? You can switch with him." The guard said, "Please leave this office. It's lunch time now. Please go out and let us have our lunch." Being nice to the guards, Mr. Liu Shuisheng's family members went outside. The guards immediately locked the door and left through the rear.

    According to Mr. Liu Shuisheng's family, these kinds of guards and prisons are everywhere in China. Similar incidents are repeated every day. Whoever claims that China has a "Justified Legal System and Fair Practice by Law" should go to these places to take a look. Actually, in China, even children know that is a lie.

    Mr. Xiang Shihua from Chongqing Sentenced to Prison

    Note: The following is a shortened version of a longer and more detailed article that appeared on the website (Chinese version of

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Xiang Shihua, 51 years old and a former worker at the 32nd Workshop, the 1st Factory of  Chang'an Company in Chongqing City, lived in Dalu Village, Dashiba, in the Jiangbei District of Chongqing City. In 2001, someone reported Mr. Xiang, his wife Luo Piping, and his son Xiang Dong (age 17 at the time) to the police while they were distributing truth-clarification materials in the Dajiang Factory. The local police detained the family at the Banan District Detention Center. Ms. Luo Piping was sentenced to 10 years in prison and fired from her job. Xiang Shihua and his son Xiang Dong were tortured in the Banan Detention Center until they were rendered disabled, unable to take care of themselves or even stand up. Later, they were released under a four-year suspended sentence. Xiang Shihua was fired from the Changan Company.

    On February 10, 2007 at around 2:00 a.m., police from the Jiangbei District Police Sub-department, the State Security Unit, the 610 Office, and the Jiangbei Dashiba Police Station broke into Xiang Shihua's home. They ransacked his home and arrested him, detaining him at the Huaxinjie Detention Center.

    On March 27, 2007, the police sentenced Xiang Shihua to one year and three months in prison. They transferred him to Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City, without notifying his family members.