The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- September 13, 2006

Issued by Clearwisdom Net

  • Eighteen-Year-Old Girl Arrested for Appealing for Her Father

  • Mr. Liu Yi Still Detained in the 2nd Detention Center of Cangzhou City - Family Members Also Persecuted

  • Three Missing Falun Gong Practitioners from Hubei, Hunan, and Jilin Provinces

  • Eighteen-Year-Old Girl Arrested for Appealing for Her Father

    Zhu Xiuyun, an 18-year-old girl who lived in Aobao Village, Taikang County, Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province, sought justice for her father, Mr. Zhu Yanghe, who was arrested and sent to a labor camp. She took a petition signed by more than 200 people to the County Court on August 19, 2006. At the direction of Li Shilin of the 610 Office, court officials and dozens of police officers from the central police station arrested Ms. Zhu Xiuyun.

    Zhu Xiuyun

    On June 30, 2006, Ms. Zhu Xiuyun's father, Mr. Zhu Yanghe, was taken from his home by Li Shilin, head of the local 610 Office, and others. Ms. Zhu's mother was ill; she had lost a third of her body weight, was struggling, and couldn't make a living. The farm and the milking cow were left untended. The girl was distressed for her mother and worried about her father, so on her way to work in the city she went to appeal by herself without telling anyone.

    The virtuous girl believed that the government officials would help her by following the law and rescuing her father, but she didn't expect the officials to arrest her as well. Her worried and ailing mother heard about her disappearance three days later. Her relatives accompanied her mother to the County Seat and learned that the young lady had been arrested. They went to the county government, the People's Congress, and the Political and Legal Committee looking for her. While they were in the office of Tang Huaijun, the director of the Political and Legal Committee, 610 Office personnel arrived, saying that Ms. Zhu Xiuyun had submitted an illegal petition to sue Li Shilin, so they sent her to the detention center, although they waited three days before they notified the family.

    Mr. Liu Yi Still Detained the 2nd Detention Center of Cangzhou City - His Family Members Also Persecuted

    Mr. Liu Yi (original name Liu Tonghai) from Cangzhou, Hebei Province, was arrested on April 1, 2006, by Zhang Guofu, head of  the National Security Team, Xinhua District Police Department. The police confiscated Mr. Liu's bank cards that had a large amount of his savings, many personal belongings, and his car. Liu Yi's family members spent a great deal of money on gifts and restaurant meals for corrupt officials and finally got back some of their belongings. However, Mr. Liu is still detained in the No. 2 Detention Center. Police at the detention center kept telling lies to deceive his family and reject their requests to see him.

    Liu Yi's wife has been trying hard to get him released and has no time to take care of their shop, so business is suffering. His elderly parents worry about him very much. They often cry and can't eat or sleep well, which has damaged their health. His brother and sister are also unable to work and live as usual because they are so concerned for his safety. The whole family is pained.

    Because the detention center refused to let Liu Yi's family members visit him, his parents and other family members remain very worried and concerned. Mr. Liu started hunger strikes several times in jail. After failing to get any news about Liu Yi in spite of all their efforts, Liu Yi's parents went with their daughter and other son to make an appeal for their son's release. On August 14 they went to the municipal police department and the anti-corruption bureau to appeal for their son and to clarify the innocence of their son. However, on the spot, Zhang Guofu led several police to arrest Liu Yi's brother and sister. Liu Yi's younger sister was dragged to a police car and slapped on her face several times. Seeing her son and daughter being taken away, the mother immediately collapsed on the ground and could hardly breath. She wept and said she didn't want to live any longer.

    Without any legal procedures, Liu Yi's brother and sister were detained for eleven days in the No. 1 Detention Center and No. 2 Detention Center respectively. Although they were released eventually with much effort, Mr. Liu Yi still hasn't been given his freedom.

    Three Missing Falun Gong Practitioners from Hubei, Hunan, and Jilin Provinces

    Ms. Cao Qiongfen from Huangshi, Hubei Province, Was Persecuted to a State of Mental Collapse and Is Now Missing

    Ms. Cao Qiongfen, in her 40s, was a resident of Dazhi City, Huangshi, Hubei Province. In August 2000, Ms. Cao was "illegally sentenced" to one year of forced labor and sent to Shizishan Forced Labor Camp in Hubei Province. In early September, she was transferred to the 9th Team of Shayang Forced Labor Camp. Three months later, the persecution had left her in a state of mental collapse.

    In March or April 2001, Ms. Cao was transferred to the Second Team of Shayang Forced Labor Camp. At that time, she nearly lost consciousness due to the brutal persecution she faced there. Even people who knew her very well were not able to recognize her. She was previously healthy and a little plump, but during that time, her weight dropped to less than 35 kilograms (77 lbs.), and she completely lost the ability to work. Despite her deteriorated health, the criminal inmates who were sent to monitor her still beat her and yelled at her frequently. People could hear her miserable cries from her room every day.

    Ms. Cao Qiongfen's term was extended for a long time. As of now, no one knows her whereabouts.

    Hunan Practitioner Ms. Xie Meng’e Has Been Missing Since 2000

    Ms. Xie Meng’e, 48, was an employee of Changsha Metallurgy Machine Factory in Hunan Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal twice. She was arrested many times and was sentenced to one year of forced labor. She was later released before her term ended because she developed a serious health problem. Police from Guikuang Police Station and the security guards from the Changsha Metallurgy Machine Factory monitored her after her release and harassed her frequently. They forced her to write the so-called guarantee statement and at the same time they announced that she was fired from her job. Ms. Xie Meng’e left her home in April 2000 and has not been heard from since.

    Jilin Practitioner Ms. Yin Fengcai Missing for Over Five Years

    Ms. Yin Fengcai, about 50, was an employee of the East Forest Farm, Dashitou Forestry Bureau, Dunhua City, Jilin Province. After July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was illegally arrested. Later she was sent to the Yanji City Mental Hospital, where she was severely persecuted. She disappeared after being released, and her current whereabouts are unknown.