The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- September 12, 2006

Issued by Clearwisdom Net


  • Mr. Ma Rongqing Passed Away Due to the Persecution He Suffered in Jixi Forced Labor Camp

  • Four-Year-Old Girl's Father Arrested and Mother Killed Possibly By Police in 2001

  • Nongan County Tax Bureau in Jilin Province Persecute Falun Gong Practitioner Pan Gang

  • Five Practitioners from Jilin, Hebei, Liaoning and Shandong Provinces Died as the Result of Persecution

  • Ms. Qu Xiumin Escaped Brainwashing Session and Was Forced to Become Homeless

  • Mr. Peng Xiaohui and Other Practitioners Arrested in Yueyang City, Hunan Province

  • Mr. Ma Rongqing Passed Away Due to the Persecution He Suffered in Jixi Forced Labor Camp

    Mr. Ma Rongqing, 55, worked at a cooling storage company in Hulin City, Heilongjiang Province. In late 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. After being sent back to his home city, he was detained in the Hulin City detention center and sentenced to one year of forced labor. During his detention in the Jixi City forced labor camp, he was brutally force-fed. Authorities made him run after force-feeding him with salt water. He was locked into a small cage and tortured with electric-shock batons. He refused to give up his practice of Falun Gong, so he was detained an extra month in the Hulin detention center after his labor camp term ended.

    On April 2, 2004, Mr. Ma Rongqing was arrested again when he was distributing truth-clarifying materials and hanging banners. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor and was again sent to the Jixi City forced labor camp. He contracted a severe heart problem in the labor camp and was sent home because the labor camp officials feared he might die in their custody, and they did not want responsibility for his death.

    On December 26, 2005, the labor camp officers went to his home and took him away under the pretense of medical inspection. At that time, Mr. Ma's wife was paralyzed in bed and had no one at home to take care of her. On January 8, 2006, Mr. Ma was released.

    After several years of persecution, Mr. Ma Rongqing was in very poor condition, both financially and physically. On August 27, he died on his way home. His family members said that he hadn't had heart problems before and his heart problems were due to the beatings he had suffered in the forced labor camp.

    In the Jixi City forced labor camp, under the name of "education assistance", the officers often beat practitioners with police batons and plastic pipes, causing the practitioners' skin to tear and flesh wounds to widen.

    Officer Qi Min said, "We just want to use batons to educate you."

    Officer Zhang Guide claimed, "One can't use reason in this place. If you want to reason, go to US."

    Chinese version available at

    Four-Year-Old Girl's Father Arrested and Mother Killed Possibly By Police in 2001

    Falun Gong practitioner Gao Deyan in Longkou City, Shandong Province was killed over five years ago. Her killer is still at large. We are now providing some additional facts of the persecution of Chen Zhaowu and his wife, Gao Deyan.

    Chen Zhaowu and Gao Deyan were Falun Gong practitioners in Small Chenjia Village, Big Chenjia Town, Longkou City, Shandong Province. This year, they both would have been 40 years old. In October 1999, they went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. They were arrested and brought back and detained at Zhangjia Village Detention Center in Longkou City. Chen Zhaowu was illegally detained for one month, and Gao Deyan was illegally detained for 15 days.

    In December 1999, two practitioners from other places arrived at the home of Tang Zhulong, who was a Falun Gong practitioner in Northern Zaoqian Village, Longkou City. Chen Zhaowu and Gao Deyan learned about this and also went to Tang Zhulong's home. More than twenty people from nearby towns gathered there, sharing their Falun Gong practice experiences. Team Secretary Xie Deju and Police Station superintendent Wang Gang learned of this meeting. They organized a gang of hatchet men and broke into Tang Zhulong's home during the meeting. Wang Gang took Tang Zhulong to the west room and beat his face fiercely. In a short while, Tang Zhulong's face became swollen, and blood came out from the corners of his mouth. Practitioners who dared to stand up and speak for them were beaten by the Public Security Director and the thugs, instigated by Xie Deju. Finally, twenty practitioners were taken to a village classroom. It was 8:00pm.

    These evil people forced the Falun Gong practitioners to face the wall. Gao Deyan carried a two-year-old child, but was also forced to stand. They interrogated the practitioners one by one, asking them who organized the activities. The practitioners did not cooperate with them, and so they were beaten and abused. Two female practitioners were persecuted the most seriously. The authorities beat them for a time, and then brought cold water in basins and poured it over their heads until they were completely soaked. Then they dragged the practitioners out to the playground in the freezing cold. They were so cold that they could not move or speak. They were then dragged back to the classroom. Seeing they were frozen like this, the other practitioners took their clothes off, trying to put them on those who had been outside, but the authorities prevented this. They tortured the Falun Gong practitioners until twelve o'clock midnight.

    The practitioners were later taken back to their own hometown police. Chen Zhaowu and Gao Deyan were detained in Big Chenjia Town. Finally, when they were released without condition, they went on a hunger strike for five days.

    In October, 2000, Chen Zhaowu and Gao Deyan went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong a second time. The bus was scheduled to arrive in Beijing at three or four o'clock in the morning. The bus station was full of police. They asked each arriving passenger show their identification card and then leave the station. Chen Zhaowu and his wife's ID cards had been confiscated by local police, so they were arrested at the bus station, and later returned to Big Chenjia Town and detained.

    While detained by the Chenjia Town government, the authorities beat them up and abused them. Gao Deyan was beaten so badly that she lost control of her bowels and emitted into her trousers. She escaped and has been homeless ever since, knowing she would be arrested if she returned home.

    Later, a practitioner could not bear the torture after being arrested and betrayed them. The authorities searched everywhere looking for them. They even offered a reward of 120,000 yuan for them. Later they were betrayed by another person who revealed where they lived.

    One day in July or June 2001, 610 Office Chief Li Shuqiang in Longkou Police Station sent policemen Yu Lihui, Wang Jun, Wang Qi, and others to break into Chen Zhaowu's home. Only Chen Zhaowu was at home. They beat Chen Zhaowu, and caused his nose to bleed. They cuffed him and took him to the detention center for a month and then sentenced him to two years in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City.

    Gao Deyan was not at home when the policemen broke into their residence and arrested her husband. About ten days later, however, the body of a female was found in the pond behind their residence. After a check by the landlord, it was confirmed that the dead person was her tenant, Gao Deyan.

    It was thought that Gao Deyan came home without knowing that her husband had already been arrested, and taken by waiting police and tortured to death. The policemen threw her body into the pond and made a subterfuge of suicide, trying to shirk responsibility.

    The happy family of Chen Zhaowu and Gao Deyan was destroyed like this. A child less than four years old lost its mother forever.

    The long arm of the law will not miss a single culprit. Ultimately, we will find the truth of the case, and the killers will receive the punishment they deserve.

    Chinese version available at

    Nongan County Tax Bureau in Jilin Province Persecute Falun Gong Practitioner Pan Gang

    Ever since Jiang Zemin and his group began the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, certain personnel from the Local Tax Bureau of Nong'an County, Jilin Province have been aggressively persecuting Falun Gong practitioner Pan Gang. Practitioners and other conscientious insiders have collected evidence of the criminal acts of Bureau Chief Zhang Yiwen and Jiang Rihong of Nongan County's Local Tax Bureau, where Pan Gang worked. The information is now being presented to the public.

    Pan Gang, a Falun Gong practitioner, was an employee at the Local Tax Bureau in Nongan County. Upon his release from the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp at the beginning of February 2002, he received a notice to return to work, which was sent by the unit Bureau Chief, Mr. Peng. After returning to work, the Section Chief Jiang Rihong of the Human Resources Department failed to pay his wages and stopped all his benefits. At the beginning of April, they illegally stopped him from working. After changes in the leadership of the unit were implemented, Zhang Yiwen became the Bureau Chief, and Jiang Rihong became the Assistant Bureau Chief and the Head of the Human Resources Department. These two conspired, claimed they needed the approval from higher authorities, and prohibited Pan Gang from working. In order to make a living, Pan Gang wanted to look for another job. However, not only did they forbid him to seek other employment, but they also ordered him to "report" to work every day.

    Without a source of income, Pan Gang's family of six, including his children and parents, could not sustain their living situation. By the end of June, his aging parents were forced to move to the countryside, splitting the family apart.

    It was not until the beginning of August 2002, after Pan Gang made inquiries about his job situation at the Human Resources Department of the Local Tax Bureau in Changchun City, that he found out that his unit leaders had deceived him and their superiors.

    After their conspiracy was exposed, Jiang Rihong ordered Pan Gang to report to the Party Office on a daily basis. One morning in late September, Jiang Rihong ordered the police officers from Baota Police Station to arrest Pan Gang and take him to the brainwashing center. At the brainwashing center, they told Pan Gang that if he does not write the "Five Statements" to renounce Falun Gong, he would be sent to a forced labor camp. Pan Gang was aware of the cruelty and the evil inside the reeducation camp. In 2001 at the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp, Pan Gang lost both his big toe nails and two front teeth, and had a rib broken from being kicked and beaten. The mental abuse was even worse and extremely cruel.

    Pan Gang did not cooperate with them though. On the third night of his detention, he held on to a telephone line and jumped from the third floor. He dislocated a lumbar vertebra from the fall. After Pan Gang escaped from the brainwashing center, his work unit colluded with the police department and searched for him everywhere, forcing him to become homeless and destitute. After his injury healed, he told authorities at the Changchun City Local Tax Bureau about the persecution by the people of the Nongan County Local Tax Bureau. Party Affairs Secretary Mr. Qu came to receive him. He claimed that no justification was needed when it comes to dealing with Falun Gong practitioners, and wanted to detain Pan Gang. Pan Gang quickly left the Changchun City Local Tax Bureau.

    In early 2003, Pan Gang was illegally arrested and sent to a forced labor camp. At the Zhaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, he was brutally tortured many times. They locked him up in a small cell for 33 days, did not give him bedding, and handcuffed him for nine days. One time they handcuffed him continuously for 20 some hours, until his wrists suppurated with pus. They force-fed him and knocked out three of his front teeth. His lower body was suppurating from the torture and he could not wear pants for months.

    After Pan Gang's release from the reeducation camp, he was then sent to the brainwashing center. The continuous persecution and torture caused him to become absent minded and his aging mother soon died from distress and sorrow.

    After Pan Gang's release from the brainwashing center, Zhang Yiwen and Jiang Rihong still would not allow him to go back to work, and deprived him of all the government employees' benefits. In January 2005, Pan Gang went to the Local Tax Bureau in Changchun to again inquire about his job. The Human Resources Department Division Head Mr. Wang and Party Affairs Secretary Mr. Qu met with him. Mr. Qu told Pan Gang, "Don't come here to inquire about your job and wages anymore or we'll find a place where you can have something to eat (note: meaning to send him to prison)."

    On February 2, 2005 when Pan Gang went to his work unit, Bureau Chief Zhang Yiwen ordered police to detain him and the National Security Group to arrest him. When Pan Gang asked people of the National Security Group why they were arresting people without reason, they answered him, "Your Unit Chief Mr. Zhang plotted against you, claiming that you were causing trouble at work. We are just following orders and carrying out our duty." Afterwards, the Local Tax Bureau treated the people of the National Security Group to a meal and some drinks, cementing their underhanded deal.

    On February 6, 2005, Zhang Yiwen sent his driver with a fake permit in order to transfer Pan Gang to the Changchun Zhaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. Upon hearing that the Local Tax Bureau was treating them to lunch, the National Security Group took Pan Gang from the entrance of the Forced Labor Camp to the Health Center, then from the Health Center to the third floor of a forced labor camp that was far away.

    Because Pan Gang resisted the persecution and torture, he was often brutally beaten at the forced labor camp. At the end of March, he was transferred to the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp. They locked him away in a small cell for 150 days and hung him up in the air for 60 days. One time they hung him in the air continuously for 18 hours, causing deformity in his body and both legs. As a result, he lost consciousness many times. During this period, Pan Gang's father was worried about his son's life and became mentally unstable. Not long afterwards, he passed away without seeing his son again.

    After Pan Gang's release in early February 2006, Mr. Cheng Keshi, Human Resources Department Section Chief from Nongan County Local Tax Bureau, notified him to report to work on February 16. However, no one was there to receive him when he arrived. On March 1, Mr. Chen Keshi summoned him and read to him a so-called "document" written by the Nongan County Local Tax Bureau, and requested Pan Gang to report to the Local Tax Bureau Party Office every day, but since it was not considered work, they would not pay any wages and benefits.

    Zhang Yiwen and Jiang Rihong from the Local Tax Bureau not only abused their power, but also deprived Pan Gang of all the government employees' benefits, including his bonus in 2000 and two months of salary in 2002. So far, they have not paid his salary and benefits for 68 months. There is no record of his salary payment in the high-level management's accounting books, it was recorded as "miscellaneous expenses" in the bookkeeping records.

    According to the stipulation of Government Officials Law, Pan Gang has been working for 30 years and qualifies for early retirement. On March 2006, he applied for retirement, but the authorities refuse to take his application.

    Chinese version available at

    Five Practitioners from Jilin, Hebei, Liaoning and Shandong Provinces Died as the Result of Persecution

    Ms. Zhang Sueqing, 55 years old, was from Changchun City, Jilin Province. She started to practice Falun Gong on May 3, 1995, and benefited from it very much. In February 2000 she went to Beijing to clarify the truth to the government. In the Changchun train station she was illegally detained and taken to Tiebei Detention Center and persecuted for two weeks. In July 2000 once again she went to Beijing to clarify the truth, but on the way to Qinhuangdio, she was arrested and detained in Balibao Detention Center, again for two weeks. In March 2000, she was arrested at home by police from the Nanling Police Station and put into the Third Detention Center in Changchun City. Two weeks later she was transfered to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for a year. Because she refused to sign the Repentance Statement, she was tortured by the leader of the 1st Group Yan Lifeng and his assistants. They used needles to poke her fingers, arms, and other parts of her body. Three months later she developed lymph node cancer, and she passed away on August 30, 2006.

    Mr. Liu Shuanzao, more than 50 years old, lived in Fanzhuang Village in Zhao County, Hebei Province. He was very healthy after practicing Falun Gong since 1996. On 1999, he was detained in the CCP Party College in Zhao City and brainwashed for 15 days. In November 2000 he was arrested and sent to the Fanzhuang Detention Center, where he was brutally tortured. Then he was sent to the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. Because an examination revealed that he had diabetes and heart problems, the camp officials sent him back to the Fanzhuang Detention Center, where he was detained for 99 days. That same year on July 20, he was arrested and taken to the Shijiazhuang Detention Center and detained for 15 days. On 2002, before the Sixteenth Chinese Communist Party meeting, he was arrested in Zhao County and detained for 15 days. Due to this long-term pressure, Mr. Liu passed away on July 29, 2006.

    Mr. Chen Yongting, 73 years old, was from Huludao City in Liaoning Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1995. Because of Falun Gong, his long term sickness was cured, and both his mind and body were very healthy. Nonetheless, since July 20, 1999, when the Chinese Communist Party began to groundlessly persecute Falun Gong, the CCP authorities constantly went to his house to harass him at all hours, day or night. They forced him to write a Guarantee Statement and arrested him. Even his son, daughter-in-law, daughter, and other family members were illegally detained, sent to labor camps and brainwashing centers, and forced to become homeless many times. Mr. Chen suffered both mentally and physically. His son was sent to a forced labor camp, and the authorities refused to release him after his time was up. Mr. Chen went to the forced labor camp twice, seriously reprimanded the authorities, and clarified the truth to them. However, the authorities still continually went to their house to arrest them. His white hair had turned black and his spirit was hale and hearty after he practiced Falun Gong. But because of the suffering and mental devastation perpetrated by the authorities, Mr. Chen Yongting passed away on November 20, 2004.

    Ms. Zhou Shuqin, 70 years old, lived in Tonghua City, Jiling Province. She appealed for Falun Gong by doing the exercises in public. The authorities detained and persecuted her for two weeks. After she came home, the police from the detention center still constantly went to her house and harassed her. They even threatened her children with the loss of their jobs. Under such long term persecution, her old sicknesses recurred, and she passed away in April of 2003.

    Mr. He Wenxun was born in 1940 in Shuangshun Village, Gaoling Town, in the Mouping area of Shangdong Province. Before he started to practice Falun Gong in the summer of 1998, he suffered from many chronic diseases such as bronchiolitis, asthma, pulmonary emphysema, and lung disease. Not long after he started to practice, all of his diseases disappeared, and he could do heavy physical labor again.

    After July 20, 1999, Mr. He encountered the authorities' threats and harassment. He was arrested and sent to a detention center, where they forced him to write the so-called Guarantee and Repentance statements to give up Falun Gong. In October 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but the authorities detained him in the detention center for a month. He was forced to bathe in cold water and do hard labor. Mr. He Wenxun's mind and body were harmed grievously, and on February 8, 2003, he passed away.

    Chinese version available at

    Ms. Qu Xiumin Escaped Brainwashing Session and Was Forced to Become Homeless

    Practitioner Ms. Qu Xiumin, 31, is an employee of Baiqi Clinic in Shulan City, Jilin Province. Ms. Qu began practicing Falun Gong in 1998 and has benefited both mentally and physically. However, after the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, she was severely persecuted. She has been reported to the authorities several times, which resulted in the police coming to her home many times and officials from her workplace harassing her. She was also detained several times and sent to a labor camp. The officials from her workplace tried to coerce her into giving up the practice by attempting to fire her.

    On July 24, 2006, when Ms. Qu was working, she was called out to talk to the high ranking officials at her workplace, but instead, police officers arrested her. They sent her to a brainwashing session at the Xiangshui Reservoir Hotel in Jishu Town, Shulan City. There were dozens of practitioners detained there. The brainwashing sessions enforced many rules, such as: two people looked after each practitioner; each practitioner stayed in a separate room; before going to the restroom, practitioners had to ask for permission from the officers in the hallway. In addition, practitioners were not allowed to leave their rooms. There were three brainwashing sessions each day; the morning session was from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., the afternoon session was from 1:30 p.m. to 4:40 p.m., and the evening session was from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. During the sessions, those accompanying the practitioners were not allowed to interrupt and no video or audio recordings were allowed.

    Reportedly, at 2:00 a.m. on July 25, Ms. Qu walked out the front door. The officer on duty heard the door opening and started chasing her, but he could not catch up to her. Later, the officials of the brainwashing session said that Ms. Qu had climbed over the wall and escaped.

    Ms. Qu Xiumin is now homeless, having left her two-year-old baby with her parents-in-law. Every day, officials from her workplace come to her home and harass her in-laws, asking about her whereabouts and threatening to fire her if she does not return. The family is not able to live their lives in peace due to the constant harassment.

    Chinese version available at

    Mr. Peng Xiaohui and Other Practitioners arrested in Yueyang City, Hunan Province

    In the afternoon of May 12, 2006, Peng Xiaohui walked out of the home that he shared with other practitioners to deliver truth-clarification materials. He was arrested by Li Qiliang and two other officers from the police department of Junshan District, Yueyang City, Hunan Province. They had been waiting for him. They seized his home key and later, team leader Peng Renwu led several officers to Mr. Peng's home. They broke into his home and arrested two female Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Leng Xuefei and Ms. Zhao Qunlan. The officers dragged the practitioners down the stairs and pushed them into the police car. They were detained in the Junshan District police station.

    From around noon on May 12 to noon on May 13, 2006, Mr. Peng's hands were cuffed behind his back, shackled to the gate of a small cell. His hands turned red and purple and became very swollen. Later, the three practitioners were separated and each one of them was interrogated daily for a week. The details of their interrogations are unknown.

    The arrest of the practitioners was led by the director of the Junshan District police department and many officers were involved.

    The three were later detained in the Yueyang City Detention Center. They were tortured in various ways, such as being handcuffed to a board (the board is very big with iron cuffs to shackle hands and feet; the victim has his four limbs stretched out and an iron chain locked around his waist), being handcuffed behind the back and being force-fed for more than eight days.

    Practitioners Peng Xiaohui and Leng Fengxue have been officially arrested by the Procuratorate, and they are still detained in the Yueyang City Detention Center.

    Practitioners' belongings confiscated by the police:

    20,000 yuan in cash, 2 computers, a VCD recorder and a VCD player, 2 DVD players, 2 paper cutters, 2 electric cutters, an electric stapler, 5 staplers, a print cartridge, paper worth 1000 yuan, 1000 blank CDs, more than 10 printer drums, other raw materials for printing, Falun Gong books and other daily use items.

    Chinese version available at